Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

Manusky vs Peyton

what is it about playing a manusky coached defense that gives peyton fits? youve seen it vs us, when he was coaching the chargers, even that one year when he coached the 49ers where addai threw a td.

There are a handful of coordinators that Peyton has trouble with.  Belichick, Romeo Crennel, and Manusky all come to mind.  Not sure what those guys have in common, but they've been able to confuse and rattle Peyton

There are a handful of coordinators that Peyton has trouble with.  Belichick, Romeo Crennel, and Manusky all come to mind.  Not sure what those guys have in common, but they've been able to confuse and rattle Peyton

I think these guys really get up for playing Peyton.  Not that they need incentives, but when you're going against one of the GOATs you probably put a lot more into the preparation.

I also think Peyton is going to see the same defense more and more as the season goes on.  They're going to dare him to throw long, and put as much pressure as possible on him.  And Denver doesn't really have the run game to neutralize it.

He had perfect conditions in the stadium to get off those long throws, but you could tell it's a struggle for him.  They may not be as perfect when he's playing in Denver in December or January.

I think these guys really get up for playing Peyton.  Not that they need incentives, but when you're going against one of the GOATs you probably put a lot more into the preparation.

I also think Peyton is going to see the same defense more and more as the season goes on.  They're going to dare him to throw long, and put as much pressure as possible on him.  And Denver doesn't really have the run game to neutralize it.

He had perfect conditions in the stadium to get off those long throws, but you could tell it's a struggle for him.  They may not be as perfect when he's playing in Denver in December or January.

you need really good man cover corners to do that though and not every team has that