Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats Interview McDaniels

bap1331

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

Pats interview McDaniels. OC position? wow...are they already looking to replace the position?

sorry my computer used autofill for the title. Can a mod change the title to "Pats interview McDaniels"?

Consider it done.

If I was the Pats, I don't know if I would want him back. Brady is in full control of the offense. And the way McDaniels was celebrating like mad after he beat the Pats with the Broncos was a little too much. One more fist pump and he would have been on the injury report.

People joke that McDaniels leaving was all an evil plan concocted by the sinister Bill "Darth Sidious" Belichick to ruin two franchises (Broncos and Rams). Mission accomplished, so now McDaniels is returning to his master. The fist pump was a mere spectacle displayed by McDaniels to coax the masses into believing McDaniels was acting independently.

People joke that McDaniels leaving was all an evil plan concocted by the sinister Bill "Darth Sidious" Belichick to ruin two franchises (Broncos and Rams). Mission accomplished, so now McDaniels is returning to his master. The fist pump was a mere spectacle displayed by McDaniels to coax the masses into believing McDaniels was acting independently.

And Mangini with the Jets too

Consider it done.

If I was the Pats, I don't know if I would want him back. Brady is in full control of the offense. And the way McDaniels was celebrating like mad after he beat the Pats with the Broncos was a little too much. One more fist pump and he would have been on the injury report.

I'm not worried about the fist pump..thats just opponent jubulation. I assume since they've worked together they still can although Brady's power has increased since then.

I liked most of his games OC except the Giants SB lack of proper adjustment (actually there was too much) although I blame BB for that.

They are having him start immediately. Seems like it would be a better move to wait until after the season for the changes with the risk of peope stepping on each other's toes.

i have not heard all of the news, but i thought he was only going to "assist" and BOB was still going to be the "OC" my guess is that they will work together maybe having only one call the plays on game day

Interesting bit in the Globe about this:

The league source indicated that McDaniels’s title and responsibilities upon his return to New England - where he began as a personnel assistant in 2001 and worked his way up to offensive coordinator before accepting the head coaching position in Denver in 2009 - likely will be more than just coordinator. It is unclear what that means, though, and whether he could be head coach-in-waiting.

http://articles.boston.com/2012-01-08/sports/30605052_1_head-coach-dante-scarnecchia-patriots-staff

I would think that in the short-term (meaning, the remainder of the playoffs), McDaniels' role will be fairly minimal... watching film, etc. Plus he's probably got some good insight into the Broncos since he was coaching there a year ago.

But the "long-term" aspect of this is, to me, kind of intriguing. Does this mean that Belichick may be thinking retirement? Maybe he goes when Brady is done and they ride off into the sunset together wearing Uggs and torn-up hoodies?

i have not heard all of the news, but i thought he was only going to "assist" and BOB was still going to be the "OC" my guess is that they will work together maybe having only one call the plays on game day

i could see there being a 5 year plan in the works

Interesting bit in the Globe about this:

The league source indicated that McDaniels’s title and responsibilities upon his return to New England - where he began as a personnel assistant in 2001 and worked his way up to offensive coordinator before accepting the head coaching position in Denver in 2009 - likely will be more than just coordinator. It is unclear what that means, though, and whether he could be head coach-in-waiting.

http://articles.bost...-patriots-staff

I would think that in the short-term (meaning, the remainder of the playoffs), McDaniels' role will be fairly minimal... watching film, etc. Plus he's probably got some good insight into the Broncos since he was coaching there a year ago.

But the "long-term" aspect of this is, to me, kind of intriguing. Does this mean that Belichick may be thinking retirement? Maybe he goes when Brady is done and they ride off into the sunset together wearing Uggs and torn-up hoodies?

Someone told me he was also going to be assistant coach which would indicate your premise. In some way I can't see BB retiring. He lives the game too much and even with Brady gone he likes the challenge

Imo... Coaches shouldn't be allowed to come into a team whenever they want. Needs to be a deadline like the players have.

PMoney, the Rams season was over, so they are free to do what they want with their coaches, fire, hire, extend contracts, redue the contracts, etc. . .

in this particular instance the pats are losing their OC and who might also have obligations with his new employer . . . all we did was secure his replacement before he got onto the open market . . .also he can help out with our present OC needs to take some time off . . .

the only issue really is the fact that it is a coincidence that we are playing the broncos this weekend

Imo... Coaches shouldn't be allowed to come into a team whenever they want. Needs to be a deadline like the players have.

Unless there was a rule change, there is no dead line for a player either. When we went to the Super Bowl in 2004, we lost our starting TE Chad Lewis in the NFCCG, and signed our former TE Jeff Thomaston for the Super Bowl.

Leave it to Belichick to find a another ethically questionable way to get information on his opponent.

As pointed out, this was essentially a done deal as of Friday.

Besides, what info can Belichick get that he couldn't get by just calling McDaniels? Or Urban Meyer, for that matter? Or talking to Aaron Hernandez, who caught passes from Tebow at Florida?