Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Talib and Miller dirty play (merge)

indyagent17

Today's dangerous play is just another piece of evidence his is not a model citizen on or off the football field

Talib has had several conduct related issues since his NFL career started. At the NFL rookie symposium in July 2008, Talib was involved in a fistfight with fellow Buccaneers rookie Cory Boyd.[18] On August 20, 2009, Talib allegedly battered a taxi driver,[19] and he was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol and booked into the Pinellas County jail, charged with resisting arrest without violence and simple battery.[20] In March 2011, police in Garland, Texas issued a felony warrant for Talib for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after accusing him of firing a gun at his sister's boyfriend.[21] He was later released on $25,000 bond. Talib was indicted on the charge in May 2011.[22] On June 18, 2012, the charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence and character concerns with the accuser.[23]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's dangerous play is just another piece of evidence his is not a model citizen on or off the football field

Talib has had several conduct related issues since his NFL career started. At the NFL rookie symposium in July 2008, Talib was involved in a fistfight with fellow Buccaneers rookie Cory Boyd.[18] On August 20, 2009, Talib allegedly battered a taxi driver,[19] and he was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol and booked into the Pinellas County jail, charged with resisting arrest without violence and simple battery.[20] In March 2011, police in Garland, Texas issued a felony warrant for Talib for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after accusing him of firing a gun at his sister's boyfriend.[21] He was later released on $25,000 bond. Talib was indicted on the charge in May 2011.[22] On June 18, 2012, the charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence and character concerns with the accuser.[23]

He needs suspended

He don't need suspended, That wont do nothing for guys like him. Guys like him need dealt with by one of our players. Ya hate to be like that but its necessary sometimes, Against guys like Talib its necessary. Some guys are just not good guys...He is one

He don't need suspended, That wont do nothing for guys like him. Guys like him need dealt with by one of our players. Ya hate to be like that but its necessary sometimes, Against guys like Talib its necessary. Some guys are just not good guys...He is one

I was really hoping to see Luck try to run the ball in after that and just truck Talib. It's one thing to get blown up by a RB/TE/WR, it's another to get embarrassed by a QB.

While I don't condone that and think the Colts handled it perfectly (get the penalty and use it to finish the game), did you see that Moncrief looked like he was going to step up and be that player?  Nice to see some fight out of our players for each other but glad the team stopped him before there were offsetting penalties.

Talib has had several conduct related issues since his NFL career started. At the NFL rookie symposium in July 2008, Talib was involved in a fistfight with fellow Buccaneers rookie Cory Boyd.[18] On August 20, 2009, Talib allegedly battered a taxi driver,[19] and he was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol and booked into the Pinellas County jail, charged with resisting arrest without violence and simple battery.[20] In March 2011, police in Garland, Texas issued a felony warrant for Talib for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after accusing him of firing a gun at his sister's boyfriend.[21] He was later released on $25,000 bond. Talib was indicted on the charge in May 2011.[22] On June 18, 2012, the charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence and character concerns with the accuser.[23]

Don't equate his wikipedia page about severe legal issues with an eye gouge. One is not like the other.

Don't equate his wikipedia page about severe legal issues with an eye gouge. One is not like the other.

Not the poster you're referring/responding to but I found the connection to be about as germane/relevant as a connection can be.

It is abundantly clear that Talib has temper/self-control problems both on and off the field.

Dirty play followed by another meltdown after the hold was called on the field goal.  It would be nice to see him suspended but I am guessing he'll be fined and that's it. 

I'm not so sure.

That was a dangerous, intentional thing to do.

The NFL might suspend him.

Didn't we suspend Walden a game after the terrible headbutt on Walker?

Best part is that Talib got so indignant on being flagged. Not sure what that genius thought would happen or how that wouldn't get called considering he walked right up and jabbed Allen in the eye.

But Miller starting it all should see some time or at the least a hefty fine.

Talib definitely needs to sit a few. Cost Manning any chance of a miracle.

I know everyone saw the intentional poke in the eye by Talib on Allen but did anyone pick up what Miller did to Allen right before the eye poke? Miller kneed Allen in the throat a couple of time and that is why Allen and Miller were talking to each other when Talib did what he did. Two dirty plays on Miller and Talib on Allen.

Andrew got them ticked off. We had them so frustrated that they didn't know how to act. That hasn't  happened to that Defense all season. The Wrath of Andrew! He drew them offsides at least twice and took every dirty hit imaginable from them and there were at least 4 or 5 of those and he just said thank you sir nice hit man  haha.

If Tom takes some of the hits Andrew did today when they play Denver I don't know if he will make it through the game. Between Miller and others they were just bashing Andrew any chance they got. Their Defense is a lot like what the Ravens used to have and they try and take your head off. Andrew looked healthy this game luckily but man I bet he soaked in an ice tub with a big beer after that game. They also got away with at least 2 helmet to helmet's on Andrew.

I thought Talib should have been ejected from the game - heck how is that not worse than a player throwing a punch at another player with a helmet and pads on? If the NFL doesn't fine / suspend him I will be surprised.

I think the only reason they didn't throw him out was because of how late in the game it was. But he'll be getting a big envelope from the NFL very soon.

The stitching in a glove can scratch the eye. When you deliberately do this you are attacking the mans ability to earn a living. Yet, as of this morning watching the NFL channel and espn I see no mention of any fine or penalty. What a punk. Would he have done that if they were on the street? Nice win Colts.