Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck after each series

Jdubu

I'm sure this has been talked about somewhere in these threads but I didn't see anything specific. So my question is, why haven't we seen Luck reviewing the pictures or ipad after a series? The cameras panned many times to Lick on the sidelines and he was nowhere near any pics, a phone, a board reviewing or discussing what went wrong or right. This has seemingly been common practice on any team I've ever seen is review or discussion of the previous series in game.

Who's job is it to go over and coach him up during the game? Even the great Manning had Tom in his ear or someone reviewing pictures of formations etc.. After each series. Shouldn't a QB coach at minimum be going over these things and certainly the OC (I know pep has finally been relieved) that just seemed out of place to me in today's game of not reviewing what the other team is doing in light of your mistakes or success.

Opinions or observations??

I'm sure this has been talked about somewhere in these threads but I didn't see anything specific. So my question is, why haven't we seen Luck reviewing the pictures or ipad after a series? The cameras panned many times to Lick on the sidelines and he was nowhere near any pics, a phone, a board reviewing or discussing what went wrong or right. This has seemingly been common practice on any team I've ever seen is review or discussion of the previous series in game.

Who's job is it to go over and coach him up during the game? Even the great Manning had Tom in his ear or someone reviewing pictures of formations etc.. After each series. Shouldn't a QB coach at minimum be going over these things and certainly the OC (I know pep has finally been relieved) that just seemed out of place to me in today's game of not reviewing what the other team is doing in light of your mistakes or success.

Nobody has the balls to tell him to do it or sit his * down and make him look at it. They seem to think he'll just figure it, let's not mess with him.

That is strange....usually he's over by QB Coach Clyde Christenson looking at an iPad.

Of course the way the offense has looked, those pictures might just be Clyde's collection of Jimmy Irsay with a choirboy and a goat....thus explaining HIS continued employment with the team.

I can't answer your OP but I can say this, he is unchanged from series to series and from game to game BUT he IS changed from the third quarter to the fourth quarter and that is why I smell something bad. Stop and recall the past seasons when he was the "comeback kid". That is unchanged but he is no longer the comeback kid instead, he is getting hammered by everyone sports network in America. I am sick of hearing the word "injury". Bull! How can a physical injury suddenly disappear halfway through the fourth quarter against the Saints and Panthers? Someone, anyone answer that question. If you have a bum joint how does it suddenly disappear in the last 7-8 minutes of the game. Luck is a liar and so are his bosses. Luck was deadly in the last 7:20 minutes until he threw the int. to end the game. What happened-how did the miraculous recovery again surface to almost win the game? Again, Luck is a liar and the Colts need to be investigated and fined for lying.

I can't answer your OP but I can say this, he is unchanged from series to series and from game to game BUT he IS changed from the third quarter to the fourth quarter and that is why I smell something bad. Stop and recall the past seasons when he was the "comeback kid". That is unchanged but he is no longer the comeback kid instead, he is getting hammered by everyone sports network in America. I am sick of hearing the word "injury". Bull! How can a physical injury suddenly disappear halfway through the fourth quarter against the Saints and Panthers? Someone, anyone answer that question. If you have a bum joint how does it suddenly disappear in the last 7-8 minutes of the game. Luck is a liar and so are his bosses. Luck was deadly in the last 7:20 minutes until he threw the int. to end the game. What happened-how did the miraculous recovery again surface to almost win the game? Again, Luck is a liar and the Colts need to be investigated and fined for lying.

None of us talk to Luck. All we know is what people report about him. They're called 'the media'. And sometimes, they are guessing. And other times, they just make things up. Just because he doesn't tell YOU his status, doesn't mean he is lying to anyone. Least of all, you or me.

None of us talk to Luck. All we know is what people report about him. They're called 'the media'. And sometimes, they are guessing. And other times, they just make things up. Just because he doesn't tell YOU his status, doesn't mean he is lying to anyone. Least of all, you or me.

OK, I'll say this, just ask yourself - does it make sense? If a franchise QB has not one mystery injury but two mystery injuries, first why is he playing risking career ending contact and why is it so hush-hush? What reason does any franchise have to disguise and injury that is being offered up as the reason there $$$QB is no good? I am not as up to snuff as the sports reporters but when I hear them say he is throwing high I posted that years ago. This is not the first year he has done this. He grips the ball more like Brady near the middle than Manning who grabs it more near the end. That grip should keep the ball level but not in his case as his power/panic overcomes his accuracy. I honestly believe it is his refusal to not complete a pass. He hates to take a sack and hates to throw the ball away and that to me is the bottom line of his failure. Before I am called out on that it is the observation of successful QB like Ron Jaworski ,Steve Young and others and coach Gruden this past week. "Get rid of the ball"! should be plastered all over his locker, maybe then he will get the message. This is a monstrous waste of talent.

I can't answer your OP but I can say this, he is unchanged from series to series and from game to game BUT he IS changed from the third quarter to the fourth quarter and that is why I smell something bad. Stop and recall the past seasons when he was the "comeback kid". That is unchanged but he is no longer the comeback kid instead, he is getting hammered by everyone sports network in America. I am sick of hearing the word "injury". Bull! How can a physical injury suddenly disappear halfway through the fourth quarter against the Saints and Panthers? Someone, anyone answer that question. If you have a bum joint how does it suddenly disappear in the last 7-8 minutes of the game. Luck is a liar and so are his bosses. Luck was deadly in the last 7:20 minutes until he threw the int. to end the game. What happened-how did the miraculous recovery again surface to almost win the game? Again, Luck is a liar and the Colts need to be investigated and fined for lying.

What did luck lie about? Get a grip

I don't think it's necessarily something every QB does.  He speaks to the coaches and I'm sure they're talking about what went right/wrong, but the only QB I've seen to consistently go to the bench after a drive and look at photos is Peyton Manning.  Plus, keep in mind that there's a great chance that Luck is viewing things on the tablet or looking at photos while the defense is on the field.  In that case, the TV won't show Luck on the sidelines as much, but will rather focus on what's happening on the field.  Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Remember, the cameras are not on Andrew all the time.

So,  they follow him off the field and he takes a moment to cool off and collect himself.

He meet with Christensen and Hasselbeck to get an idea of what to do next.    He also meets with Pep,  and now Chud.

But just because you're not actually seeing it,   doesn't mean it isn't happening.      It is.

I just recall several times they were panned over to Luck on the sidelines either walking around or sitting but nobody or any pics/tablet in his hand. Now I could have sworn I seen that the prior game as well but that's a distant memory that could be clouded. I just recall a few times after bad events from the offense they showed Luck on the sideline with nothing but himself and I would have figured it a time where he would be looking through pics and discussing things with a coordinator or someone. I just found it odd and wondered if anyone else noticed as well. Think I recall hearing mike and Mike mention it as well today or a guest from the show maybe or from the commentators on tv I don't recall but when I say things while watching the game and then a few moments later the commentators say something about an observation I just blurted out, my wife looks at me and I say, he'll we all see it except the coaches.

Anyways, I just wondered if anyone else noticed this issue or perhaps non issue. Maybe it was just a few series and we only get to see the time before or after he was looking at stuff. Idk

Remember, the cameras are not on Andrew all the time.

So, they follow him off the field and he takes a moment to cool off and collect himself.

He meet with Christensen and Hasselbeck to get an idea of what to do next. He also meets with Pep, and now Chud.

But just because you're not actually seeing it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. It is.

Ahhh, yes it very well could be that as I just posted in my prior post here. It's just something I seen and asked about.

For whatever it's worth.....

Even when Luck was leading the Colts back I never thought he looked completely like himself.    Not 100% and not close enough for my comfort level.

I don't think he looks 100% physically,  and I certainly don't think he looks 100% mentally.

He looks indecisive,  he looks slow to see things,   he looks like the game is moving too fast for him.    Frankly, he looks like a rookie,  and I DON'T mean the Andrew Luck rookie level, 2012.      I'd love to see that guy right now.

He looked much better.     But I think he's capable of so much more.    And I hope Chud can give it to him with a better approach to the offense.

The way luck played during the 4th of Monday nights game immediately confirmed to me that he is still the real deal and that he is in a weird funk right now. .... It will click and when it does NFL beware... Just watch

He needs help from his receivers though also.

They're having trouble getting any separation.

We're just too predictable.

I can't answer your OP but I can say this, he is unchanged from series to series and from game to game BUT he IS changed from the third quarter to the fourth quarter and that is why I smell something bad. Stop and recall the past seasons when he was the "comeback kid". That is unchanged but he is no longer the comeback kid instead, he is getting hammered by everyone sports network in America. I am sick of hearing the word "injury". Bull! How can a physical injury suddenly disappear halfway through the fourth quarter against the Saints and Panthers? Someone, anyone answer that question. If you have a bum joint how does it suddenly disappear in the last 7-8 minutes of the game. Luck is a liar and so are his bosses. Luck was deadly in the last 7:20 minutes until he threw the int. to end the game. What happened-how did the miraculous recovery again surface to almost win the game? Again, Luck is a liar and the Colts need to be investigated and fined for lying.

The same way I have three cracked ribs and 15 minutes into a 20 minute wrestling match I get an adrenaline rush and go into a pain free zone for the final five minutes. It's amazing what you can do even with an injury when the moment presents itself.

To me it looks like he gets 2 plays typically. One the OC calls and an audible.

When he runs no huddle he gets a wider selection.

How could you possibly determine from watching the game as a fan how many plays he gets each down?  There is literally no way for any of us to know without being told.  Speaking of:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12175591/andrew-luck-grows-indianapolis-colts-ask-quarterback-do-more

In the huddle, Luck typically calls three plays. At the line, however, he has countless other options -- his "toolbox," as Hasselbeck called it -- from which to choose, depending on what the defense is showing. For the more complicated plays, Hamilton will tell Luck to call them from the wristband.

Luck has an enormous number of plays at his disposal -- substantially more than last season --

You must be young and learning the process. The guy he is sitting by all the time is called a QB coach.

Please, before you bash him read his resume. http://www.colts.com/team/coaches/clyde-christensen/805ccace-123e-405d-849e-e257521cd289