Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well at least the Luck Ran Out....

Indeee

Of the Pocket.

I started topic last week about Luck running when nothing was there and he did last night. It only took 3 1/4 Quarters for him to realize that, but he started to run never-the-less and we started moving the chains. Hopefully this will continue moving forward for ALL quarters. One can only hope

:thmup:

Of the Pocket.

I started topic last week about Luck running when nothing was there and he did last night. It only took 3 1/4 Quarters for him to realize that, but he started to run never-the-less and we started moving the chains. Hopefully this will continue moving forward for ALL quarters. One can only hope

:thmup:

I doubt it. . . his play is baffling . . . He's literally terrible for 3 and a half quarters and then turns it on and goes nuts at the end I guess to avoid an embarrassing box score.

I'd trade that in for him to just be steady for 4 quarters.  

I don't know if it's injury or what but he's off and things are not working.

Our offense is 100% better when Luck is scrambling around and creating plays with his feet..

Exactly he should run like he did his first year, keep those drive going.... take 1-2 seconds to see if there are any receivers open if not he should run...  he's fast and strong and the line don't give him enough time just to stand in the pocket all day, but he rather force a throw thats gonna get intercepted.

He needs to play more like Cam, get some designed runs luck is smart when he runs usually doesnt take a big hit

Forget about that with the shoulder/rib injury.  Let him scramble way from pressure and slide or get out of bounds.  I'm afraid of designed runs because he's now a runner in tighter spaces to LBs and 300 lbs DLs.

that's pretty risky, especially considering that he has been battling injuries this year

Forget about that with the shoulder/rib injury.  Let him scramble way from pressure and slide or get out of bounds.  I'm afraid of designed runs because he's now a runner in tighter spaces to LBs and 300 lbs DLs.

yea i get what yall are saying i didnt mean exactly like Cam cuz Cam is a born runner i meant just a couple read option a game just to get him started cuz Luck always says he like to get hit a lil i understand what he means by that once u get that first contact of the game it calms you down get the butterflies out, i should have been more detailed in my first post, but hey lets see what Chud does he he did coach Cam his first two years

yea i get what yall are saying i didnt mean exactly like Cam cuz Cam is a born runner i meant just a couple read option a game just to get him started cuz Luck always says he like to get hit a lil i understand what he means by that once u get that first contact of the game it calms you down get the butterflies out, i should have been more detailed in my first post, but hey lets see what Chud does he he did coach Cam his first two years

Pep did occasionally call read option plays before this season. Luck almost never kept the ball though. Luck also has the authority himself to audible to a qb designed run from the los.

Who knows maybe we will see more of that now. At this point change for the sake of change probably won't hurt