Andrew Luck's play [Merge]

COLTSFAN12to13

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the worst fans in the NFL, or the dumbest. Maybe a combination of both. I agree Luck is stud, he's having a bad year. How easily everyone forgets the past 3 years.

Yep. You said it all.

Actually at times our fans don't deserve him.

Like I said go ahead and be negative. If it makes some of you feel better be my guest.

This guy is a good QB and we are ruining him here.

He don't deserve the hate.

You saw his play tonight.  4th quarter aside, he was pretty bad.  His first pick was 100% his fault.  He kept holding onto the ball too long.  His OT pick was a bad decision as Fleener was covered pretty well.  He's making bad decisions with the football

Stop this. The Defense has been playing rather decently this whole season. The special teams for the colts beyond one dumb play has been fantastic this season. The offense sucks and we can't rely on 4th quarter comebacks when their defense is tired to win every week. It's nice to have the clutch factor but if your quarterback is relying on 'being clutch', then that means he sucked for the first three quarters. That's a quote by Manning himself...

Luck is superbly talented and has looked the part of a franchise quarterback, but beyond the AFC South teams, I really can't remember many full games were he played very well through all 4 quarters in his career. This season more than the others, maybe due to a failing offensive system, most likely due to injuries, this has never been more obvious. Luck sucks in the first half of most games and relying on 4th quarter comebacks is not a way a team should be built. I'm pretty * off atm but you must have a higher tolerance than I do for falling into the same trap over and over again. 

Right now he is an average QB with the way he's playing. No way around it. I think including last years playoffs, he now has something like 20 interceptions in 10 games. It's just crazy. He has to be on pace to break the NFL record this season.

Its not all on him because our WRs are really struggling to beat tight man coverage and the playcalling is extremely unimaginative. If he doesn't stop turning it over 2-3 times a game this team won't be able to beat anyone.

I still contend the talent is there with him but we need to get a competent coaching staff in here who can improve his game..not ride his coat tails to success and expect him to be the offense. It's taking its toll on him.

Doing the best you can isn't good enough for the NFL.  You don't get awards and contracts based on how much you try.  You need to get the job done.  Right now, for whatever reason (be it an injury, the play calling, his locking onto a receiver, him being shell-shocked, etc.), he isn't getting it done.  That's the bottom line.  He needs to play better

Agreed he needs to play better or sit down.

He still making the same mistakes that he had last year.

- Staring down WR for too long

- Getting trick by defensive schems

- Decision making

-Turnovers

He is not a top 5 QB this season. I don't even think he is a top 10. Now overall he is a "Good" QB if you total all of his 4 years in the NFL so far.  He need a great coach that can coach him up. 

He's obviously good. But he is pretty clearly still not close to being 100%. But the 4th quarter showed he still has it in him. I wish he wouldn't wait til the 4th quarter to show up.

He is only showing up in the 4th quarter because defenses are backing off and playing too conservatively. It happens all the time in so called garbage time. Luck thrives then but does very little in the first three quarters when defense's are playing him honestly. In the OT Panthers went back to playing their regular defensive coverage and sure enough Luck tosses the pick to essentially lose us the game. It was a great defensive play on a forced pass that never should have been thrown.

I mean is there ANYONE...ANYONE in the NFL who has had MORE TURNOVERS than our own #12?? (It's a serious question because statistically I don't really know...but I will guarantee you he's at the top of the list if not at the #1 or #2). I have NOT forgotten those last 3 years...the've been thrilling...but the guy doesn't make the best decisions sometimes...and unfortunately it's definitely costing us games more than we would all like to see. He's got to get that fixed...then I wouldn't have such an issue with him having poor stats...quit turning the ball over is all I ask seriously...it's not a lot to ask.

Hopefully someone gets this message to him. I'm sure he is anxiously awaiting your praise/no praise thoughts

Lol, yeah I'm sure he could give a flying #%+* what a few fans think of him. It's not like Peyton and other great QBs haven't played gutter football before.

That being said, I think the organization as a whole is kind of a dumpster fire right now.

I am so tired of the bashing of this kid when he does the best he can every week while being hurt and having horrible play calling and coaching/management.

My hat is off to the guy and it actually breaks my heart to see the season he is having after it has gone so well for him before here.

I will not bash this guy like many fans and be a reactionary. I know what he is capable of.

If I get bashed for this post or it gets locked then so be it.

Andrew has played terribly. There is no getting around that, while there is plenty if over reaction I don't think it's beyond being discussed.

What really surprises me here is the amount of our fan base that have itchy trigger fingers with anything or anyone that twitches or moves where it concerns Andrew Luck. It frankly makes me suspect of the football savvy here.

I'll just say this. Any, and I mean any, NFL team that does not have a franchise QB with Luck's caliber would trade away their firstborn for his services. The problem does NOT lie with our QB. Get that through your heads. Now, take a look at the offensive play calling.

Now you can aim your guns.

Luck doesn't need to be coddled by fans. If he is stinking it up and hurting the team he needs to be called on it. If he is that hurt that it's affecting his on field play then he should be sat down until he is healthier. Matt could at least minimize the frequent crushing turnovers. This is Luck's fourth season and many were looking for him to break out into the upper echelon of QBs. Clearly he is no where near ready. We are all shocked at his regression which quite frankly looks worst than his rookie season. As I said if he is that hurt then sit down and stop killing the team with all the haphazard turnovers. His stats rank him as one of the worst QBs in the league right now. Unacceptable from a guy with his talent and pedigree. He is making too many mental mistakes. Kid needs to study more film and improve his decision making.

Like I said go ahead and be negative. If it makes some of you feel better be my guest.

This guy is a good QB and we are ruining him here.

He don't deserve the hate.

So Luck is beyond criticism now? Unbelievable..

I don't think we have the ability to ruin anyone from an online forum, but good theory.

What really surprises me here is the amount of our fan base that have itchy trigger fingers with anything or anyone that twitches or moves where it concerns Andrew Luck. It frankly makes me suspect of the football savvy here.

I'll just say this. Any, and I mean any, NFL team that does not have a franchise QB with Luck's caliber would trade away their firstborn for his services. The problem does NOT lie with our QB. Get that through your heads. Now, take a look at the offensive play calling.

Now you can aim your guns.

Yes.

You'd think Blaine Gabbert was our QB...

Dude has some broken ribs, let's cut him some slack...

He's been playing like Gabbert more than the Luck we've been use to. If he's on the field and hurting the team he will be criticized for it. He has the potential to be great but right now yes Gabbert is good comparison for his first 50mins of play tonight and the first three games this season

He's been playing like Gabbert more than the Luck we've been use to. If he's on the field and hurting the team he will be criticized for it. He has the potential to be great but right now yes Gabbert is good comparison for his first 50mins of play tonight and the first three games this season

For some reason we cant put to great halves together. Andrew is awesome in 2nd Halfs but starts slow.

Being a " is his MO. 

Good for him then haha. Some people take pride in trying to be the snarky ones, but that typically affects the quality of what your saying in order to try to cross someone as much as you can. I usually don't give the light of day to comments like that but that was just 100 percent uncalled for.

I was watching an ESPN show earlier today with Ron Jaworski and Jeff Saturday where they broke down film of Luck's picks from earlier in the season.

He has been pump-faking right before he throws a lot of his picks and he did the same thing tonight on the first pick.  It seems as though he is being indecisive when he throws the majority of his picks and I hope he sees the clips that Jaws broke down.

The first pick tonight, I think with Allen and TY being in such close proximity he was about to throw to Allen then pulled back when he saw TY behind him, causing him to put it in between the 2 with a lack of zip that allowed for an easy Carolina interception.

I think I noticed this same thing on some of his other picks from Jaws' breakdown.  It's like he is ready to throw to someone then sees someone else running in front or behind his first choice.  I'm wondering if we should slow down with bunch sets and spread our WRs out more to disallow Luck from seeing multiple WRs in his field of view when getting ready to throw. 

I tend to agree with Saturday's recommendation -- simplify the game plan for now, make everything very easy on Luck and let him get some confidence back and then slowly start to add more complexity  back into the playbook.

Here's the deal.

You put Andrew Luck with the Patriots, Packers, Broncos, Steelers, i.e. upper echelon teams and see what happens. It's more than just extended poor play. Coaching. Play calling. Designation to his talents (even if he's hurt but can play) and incorporation of a good game plan mirroring that. Then, the intangibles. All of these reflect how a team is being run. Right now, in Indianapolis, none of this is being considered logically. The staff has to be able first to recognize the problems correctly in order for them to be fixed. It's not as easy as it appears to be. However, these guys are professionals. And, there are held to this standard no matter what.

Just as Superman's SIG states, if they don't fix it, it'll be someone else fixing it. The truth couldn't be any more plainer than that.

Andrew Luck is having a rough season. There is no questioning that. Why he is isn't completely known, how badly hurt he was or is we don't know. To me his confidence looks really shaken. Until that gets fixed he's going to struggle.

Still one rough season does not make a career. Anyone who can honestly go back and look at Luck's whole career objectively and say the kid isn't special doesn't know what they are talking about.

The Colts have some work to do with him for sure but just like they didn't give up on Peyton Manning in 2001 when he had a rough season I wouldn't give up on Luck now.