Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Panthers Monday Night Football Game Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Ballard will probably let him test the market and may or may not match a deal offered to him.  Personally, I believe an Achilles is a career killer for RBs and the Colts should move on. It’s terrible bc he was a great back for the Colts.  
    • Yeah. It has sounded to me like Mack might be sticking around too. Just a gut feeling from some of the comments that Chris and Frank have recently made. 
    • I know that everyone assumes he’s gone, but I’m starting to wonder if he might be re-signed to a one-year contract.  After all, I’m not sure anyone’s going to give him a big multi year contract coming off this kind of injury.  And if he’s gonna have to settle for a one -year prove-it deal...well , Ballard’s not necessarily opposed to giving someone like that $10 million for a year, if it doesn’t extend out past that.  Mack probably won’t be ready to start the year, but that could give us the best one-two punch in football as we approach the playoffs.  And we know that CB thinks Mack is one of the best teammates ever...
    • It feels like every team nowadays should have their own proprietary draft trade chart. Their analytics departments must have enough information to build better representation of what good value should be for certain picks. Football perspective has their own chart too based on AV: http://www.footballperspective.com/draft-value-chart/   It's interesting just how different they are - the Jimmy Johnson one and the one based on AV. If you believe one(FP) rather than the other(JJ) you can make a killing by trading down a ton.   Here's how they differ(I normalized it to the top value - 3000). Here's how different/similar they are:     In reality there isn't much of a difference between the old Jimmy Johnson chart and the new Rich Hill chart. In the grand scheme of things they are almost identical. The big difference is with the Football Perspective chart, which values picks outside the top 10 much higher than the other 2 charts... look at the difference there... This is huge. There is TONS of value to be gained by trading down if your team believes something closer to the football perspective value chart vs the other two.    Even though, it's probably not perfect, I tend to lean towards the Football perspective chart being more representative of the actual value of the picks. And Rich Hill is probably my least favorite one because it looks like it overvalues top 10-20 picks even more than Jimmy Johnson. 
    • That's why we traded for him. He gives us hope. Without that hope, no one would buy season tickets
  • Members

• Dogg63

Dogg63 2,034

• Nadine

Nadine 6,423

Administrators
    • PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger 8,228

• chad72

chad72 7,129

• MarquisJ

MarquisJ 360