Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Panthers Monday Night Football Game Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get there half a second earlier and we win the game, Langford.  Still a great effort by the D tonight

Yeah they've played good overall, still the same garbage mistakes though.  I couldn't imagine how good this team if it could play for even 3 out of 4 quarters.  

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Thanks Hoose, appreciate the heads up. You are absolutely correct.   In other news, apparently I shouldn't be compiling lists since my attention to detail has taken a massive nose dive. 
    • I believe you can also add S Sean Davis to the list. 
    • Kid is a stud. Really need him to stay another year so he and Buchner can get us a Natty.
    • STANFORD!!!! As for Phillips, I have to share the concern others have over his concussion history. He’s apparently prone to them, and the odds only go up that you’ll get one on the NFL. He can’t be but a few more away from having to step away from the game permanently. There’s no denying his talent, but I’d much rather see the Colts maneuver their way into getting Payton Turner in the second round. That guy is an intriguing, 3 down type DE. Relentless motor, pterodactyl arms.    
    • I don't want to speak for other people...but I will take a stab at it from a devil's advocate POV.   The way I see it...it's not necessarily the idea of paying Q or Leonard...it's more the idea of paying a premium (meaning truly market-setting massive contracts) for players that don't actually play a premium position.    Most people (outside of the truly ardent positional value people) would have no issue with having the highest-paid player at G if he's the best G in the NFL (which Q pretty much is). Right now the highest long-term AAV at G is Thuney with a $16M AAV. So I don't think anybody would quibble with giving Q $17-18M.   But many people (including Q's agent I am sure) are thinking Q should get top LT money...which is $22-23M+ AVV. So I can definitely see where the disconnect starts to occur.    You can do the same exercise with Leonard...except use highest-paid WILL and then highest-paid MIKE (if not higher).   There's definitely a balance to carrying large contracts on the cap. You can only have so many of them. And when you max out...you can be limited in how you can fill certain positions of need (including premium positions). So now, instead of trading for a DeFo or signing a top tier CB in FA...you have to figure out how to fill those premium positions with cheaper FAs or via the draft.   Ballard has been able to short-term fill those positions with cheaper FA moves, but not the draft. And traditionally, it is just easier to fill less premium positions through those means.     
  • Members

• PRnum1

PRnum1 301

• SOMDColtsfan

SOMDColtsfan 116

• harrisoncolts88

harrisoncolts88 53

• bertjones7

bertjones7 115

• Dogg63

Dogg63 2,150

• coltsfanej