Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Panthers Monday Night Football Game Thread

I think Hasselbeck needs to come in...Luck needs to sit and gather himself.

Yeah, Matt is pretty good at mixing runs and short passes and moving the chains and getting first downs.

If the D keeps playing well, this would be a winnable game.

Reminder

Everything Will Be Okay

Not if the Colts continue to play bad fundamentally unsound football it won't. Team can't get out of their own way.

He is a very underrated QB.

I like how he's developing.  He's reading defenses, making audibles, really taking control of everything.

I think the problems boils down to utterly horrible play designs. Yup, Luck is executing poorly, but he's being put in bad situations with the five step drops and mid to deep routes. It's just god awful offensive design. Enough already!

Yep. Nothing about the offense will look good if the routes don't make sense.

The good news:

Even with a loss tonight, we are still in first place in the AFC South.

I won't give up hope.

And I also can't really bash the guy since I like him too much.

I never feel bad for ant NFL players because they make millions of dollars.  But Luck is such a likeable guy....  I feel bad for him... he is trying so hard.

I am not worried about him though, frustrated yeah.. but it is certainly not Kaepernick panic level...

If your just going to stand around watching and not block at least your available to fall on a fumble.

Last two play calls should be the extent of our throwing basically...just different variations.

The panthers really haven't done much when they start from their 20. If only luck could get in the game

We are down 10 vs. an offense we can handle.

I won't give up hope till this game is finished.

I'm starting a drinking game for each time our offense has holding penalties.

Just don't drive after that game you will be intoxicated to say the least.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• One of the benefits of a large group of excellent WRs is that you can get a good starter in round 3. In other years.....  these WRs would be drafted in round 1 or 2   It wouldn’t surprise me if Pittman and or Claypool (or 2-3 other Excellent WRs) will still be on the board when we pick in round 3   If Mims is on the board, I’d take him at 34......   If not..... I’d wait and lean more on BPA for  the 2 picks in in second round   This OT class is said to be really good,    Austin Jackson, Ezra Cleveland may still be on the board at 34 / 44   Why OL so early?   Starting OTs especially LTs are very hard to draft.   We also have ZERO quality depth at OT.     I believe either of these guys COULD be our starting LT for the next 12 years   We will have to spend draft capitol .....  why not now, when the value may be great?   As said earlier, there are other positions that they may look at at 34...   With 2 FAs at CB coming on board, why consider a CB at 34?   We end up with 5 DBs on the field (Nickle ) a large amount of the time   Trevon Diggs would fit our scheme like no other CB in this draft   If we get a starter in round 3 at WR, and possibly a starter at TE in round 4 and a future starter at OT and CB.....                    
    • He played nearly exclusively out of the slot last year which that and having Burrow at QB is why he was so successful. I do have a full on write up on him i did back in February if you care enough to take a look. Granted A.J Brown was mostly in the slot at Ole Miss but he had flashed on the boundary enough to make me comfortable thinking he could do it in the pro's, but I did not see that in the film with Jefferson. He has incredible hands but we need a true X receiver and with the likes of Higgins and Mims still on the board i would 10/10 have them over Jefferson.
    • Definitely agree about QB but not WR. I feel like there’s more of a chance that he’d draft a receiver, but just not the ones people are mocking or as high. Like I wouldn’t be shocked to see Bryan Edwards in the 3rd round, Gandy Golden in the 4th, or even Van Jefferson.   That would be one of those head scratching Ballard things that would make you have to just trust in the process. Like when we drafted Malik Hooker at 18. No one saw that coming. Still a good pick at the time though.
    • Thanks Dr. T.  This is always fun.   I also, always find it funny, how many people do their mock drafts on this forum, post definitely who they thinks the Colts will take, etc. but then stay a million miles away from the draft contest.
    • Welcome once again to Dr. T's annual Colts Draft Contest for 2020! Since there are only seven choices this year, we have decided that contestants will have three picks for all rounds (A, B, and C) rather than just the first three rounds like last year. As a result, correctly choosing choice A in the correct round merits 6 points, while correctly choosing choice B or C instead will merit 5 and 4 points, respectively. If one of your “A” selections is chosen in a different round than you predicted, you get 3 points each, while if one of your “B” selections is chosen in a different round than you predicted, you get 2 point each. If one of your “C” selections is chosen in a different round than you predicted, you get 1 point each. If AND ONLY IF there is no clear winner at the end of the draft, the contest will be extended for ALL participants and any selection you predicted in one of the earlier rounds that is instead picked by the Colts after the draft as a collegiate free agent will count for one point each. Make your choices in this thread by listing the round, choice A, B or C, for each round, with the name of the player, position and school. You may also write with each choice a little blurb explaining why you chose that person. Your 21 selections for new Colts this year are as follows: Round 2a - #34 A, B, C Round 2b - #44 A, B, C Round 3 - #75 A, B, C Round 4 - #122 A, B, C Round 5 - #160 A, B, C Round 6a - #193 A, B, C Round6b - #197 A, B, C Please be a good sport and do not just copy other contestant's selections. You can easily do some research on your own, since plenty of free draft services are available on the web. Also, you can make changes to your selections before the contest is closed on Thursday April 23, 2020 at 7 PM CST, on the first day of the draft, but, if there is a trade before the draft and one or more of the picks change, we will start over. Good luck and let the best GM win!
  • Members

• csmopar

csmopar 9,329

• Defjamz26

Defjamz26 4,611

• twfish

twfish 1,997

• Caleb3502

Caleb3502 586

• IkeAramba

IkeAramba 22

• Archer