Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wade Phillips As A Head Coach Again?

21isSuperman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825bc85f/article/texans-phillips-believes-teams-should-want-him-as-head-coach?module=HP11_headline_stack

Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips said Thursday that he "should be considered" for head coaching jobs in the future.

Phillips says he's not looking to be a head coach again, though he believes his record (82-59) would make him a viable candidate.

--

Would you consider him to be a head coaching candidate? He didn't do so well as a head coach in Dallas, but the players really liked him and he certainly knows his football. But is he a good enough leader?

Yea, I'd be fine with it. I think he would fit the bill well in Indy, considering he isn't the most vocal coach on the sidelines. The most he does is put his hand on his hip, roll his head, and grow more white hair. Everytime he makes a timeout mistake, we can turn this image into a meme:

wade-phillips.jpg

With his recent health issues, he'd be better off staying as a DC, which is where he excells anyway. The way the league likes to recycle retread coaches, I can see him being offered another job, but I don't think he'd be anymore successful than he has been in the past.