Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injuries & Other Updates

TKnight24

As Chuck Pagano said yesterday, Mike Adams back to work today at practice. No sign yet of Khaled Holmes for a second straight day.

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

October 29, 2015

As Chuck Pagano said yesterday, Mike Adams back to work today at practice. No sign yet of Khaled Holmes for a second straight day.

The Ball State pipeline, if you will, continues for the Colts. Former BSU safety Sean Baker to the practice squad. Takes Quan Bray’s spot.

October 29, 2015

The Ball State pipeline, if you will, continues for the Colts. Former BSU safety Sean Baker to the practice squad. Takes Quan Bray’s spot.

Greg Manusky on the read-option/needing discipline: “You have to limit what you do a little bit…you can’t go in there with a big game plan."

October 29, 2015

Greg Manusky on the read-option/needing discipline: “You have to limit what you do a little bit…you can’t go in there with a big game plan."

Pep Hamilton on Gore: “We can do a better job of doing our part early and keeping the games in the balance, so we can maintain balance."

October 29, 2015

Pep Hamilton on Gore: “We can do a better job of doing our part early and keeping the games in the balance, so we can maintain balance."

He says this weekly, but then does the complete opposite come game day

October 29, 2015

Pep needs to feed Gore at least 15+ carries. Can't be throwing the ball and only running the ball 9 times.

My sentiments too. Because then he'll start and perform adequately and people will once again start to overrate him and say he's the key to fixing the O-line. No one wants to go through that again.

That, and I'm not exactly a believer that Harrison knows how to snap a football yet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• we risk losing Paye and company in the next year or two… Right? 
    • Thats easy. Having great coverage. If noone is open the rush will get there.    Or, I wish we blitzed more like Spaignola does as QB's are considerably less accurate under duress.    The best offenses have QB's that get rid of the ball quickly which negates to a degree the pass rush.  Scholars here are buzzing madly about pressures. Joey Bosa had a crazy number of pressures but how many resulted in incompletions? He had 2 more sacks than Kwity and played roughly 175 more snaps.  Detroit's Hutchinson, in their playoff loss, had no pressures, no sacks, and 1 tackle as I recall. And a heckuva player. Truth is you better have really good ability at both, including highly intelligent fast players in the back seven.
    • Any news on the attempted talks with Blackmon?   Worst case scenario:  we don't sign Blackmon, or any other safety FA, miss out on what few guys there are in this very non-deep safety draft, and wind up going into the season with Cross and Thomas as our best two guys.  Ewwww.
    • My follow up is about what you think is the most cost-efficient way to acquire the needed players to make the defense work as designed.    As to your point about risk, I guess... If you think specific DE prospects just aren't that good, that's one thing. I'm definitely against propping up a prospect just because he plays a position of perceived need. But I would think that if the Colts take a DE at #15, they see him as a potential game changing pass rusher, and the expectation is for him to exceed what the guys on the roster have shown so far. No one can know for sure, but that's the nature of the draft.   At corner, I just think that a fundamental reason why the Colts prefer their zone heavy scheme is because it's easier to find corners who can excel at zone coverage. So there's less of a premium on the position in this scheme, and that's by design. I also don't think the top 4-5 corners in this class fit Ballard's preferred profile. (Side point: This is not conventional thinking, but I think the order of importance in this defense is 3T, Edge, Will, FS, then CB. I think the objective is to take away big plays, funnel routes to the middle, and have rangy playmakers at Will and FS who can create turnovers. I'm not saying that's how I would build a defense, but I think that's the intention. Which also influences my thinking on Ballard's preferences in the draft.)    The scheme element doesn't necessarily apply at WR, but I think the value at WR favors taking one on Day 2, and I think Ballard's appetite for second round WRs is well established. I'd be open to drafting a WR at #15, but I don't think the Colts will do it.   So if I was an oddsmaker, I'd favor the Colts going DE or DT at #15, just based on how I think the top of the draft will fall, and the players available. I think most fans prefer corner or WR, mostly because of perceived need, but I don't see that happening. Nothing would shock me, though.
    • Ballard on Free Agency:   “No doubt we looked into free agency in totality,” Ballard said. “I mean, we looked at everybody. It kind of worked out where it ended up being a lot of our own guys, which are all good players.”
  • Members