Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How would you feel if bill belichick became the colts new coach?

Stephen

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were all eligible in 2013, and none of them have made the initial round of 25 finalists since then. After that, it gets whittled down to 15, and from there, you have to get 80% support to be inducted. They are all pretty far from being HOFers at this point.

They are not getting in. None were the best of their generation.

I respectfully disagree

Tedy Bruschi?  -  1 pro bowl, Not going to happen IMHO

Rodney Harrison? -  2 pro bowls, not going to happen IMHO

Willie McGinest?  2 Pro bowls, not going to happen IMHO

Ty Law?  - Best chance IMHO......   5 Pro Bowls.......  (You may be right)

Vince Wilfolk? - Also a better chance than the others... 5 pro bowls ... (You may be right there as well)

Either way, I still think that BB is the best coach that the NFL has ever seen.

I would take him in a new york minute

But......... not going to happen

Richard Seymour was better than all the above. I don't know if he gets in, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a kick arssse football player.....as we're all the above.

Cortez Kennedy helps his case.

Yes, he does. But I think for most Pat players the HoF will be a tough go especially defensive players. The pats defensive scheme is not the type that allows individual players to compile the stats needed. That is not to say the Pats have not had extremely talented players but I think the HoF voters will look at them as being a collection of talent that was great as a whole put in position by the best defensive mind of the modern era.

Yeah, he learned to hit the lotto jackpot named Tom Brady.

Both Bill & Tommy are mutually beneficial to 1 another. Brady can make any WR or TE look fantastic & the Grey Hoodie is extremely gifted when it comes to half time adjustments & cold weather preparation. I will concede though BOTT that Bill was lucky to have Brady drop in his lap though. I will always respect both men immensely for paying their dues & earning their stripes. 

Best coach in the NFL, too bad he's ethically challenged.

"Ethically Challenged" or not, Bill just wins. I may not always condone it, but the results speak for themselves. The bling is very impressive. 

4474065261_4f95455a3d_z.jpg

1 question: Do the cookies have sprinkles on top? I hope so. Otherwise, that's a deal breaker for me & I'm walking.  :P  Oh yeah, milk is included right? Because cookies without milk is like Pumpkin pie without Coolwhip: Wrong on every level imaginable.  

Do you think the team would perform alot better?

No thanks... it's JUST sports... a fun pastime... why would I want it corrupted with sleazy cheaters? No thanks.  I'll take the wonderful Manning and so far wonderful Luck years over the dark sleaziness of the tainted Patriots anytime.  Does anyone think for a moment we know about ALL their cheating and dealings?  No way.  That's why they destroyed their tape library as it would have tainted all their wins prior to that.  And deflategate I believe was simply something they caught them doing which was less damaging to the league than what the league thought they were really doing thus causing them to pound them so hard.  I mean, if you want your team to have all that the Patriots have and have had, simply start rooting for them, and your problem is solved.  I root for the Colts, in part because they are NOT like the Patriots.  

Richard Seymour was better than all the above. I don't know if he gets in, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a kick arssse football player.....as we're all the above.

Who is saying that he wasnt a "kick Arssse" football player.......?

He was a very good player........

VERY GOOD

Hall of Fame.... Nope

There are quite a few players that have the stats that need need to get in.... (Marvin Harrison)

As time goes by, the Patriot very good.... VERY GOOD players will be forgotten......  and NOT make the HOF

Brady .... YES

Moss..... Maybe

Maybe 2-3 others that at the best maybes.........   as time goes by, they will be not on consideration

Who is saying that he wasnt a "kick Arssse" football player.......?

He was a very good player........

VERY GOOD

Hall of Fame.... Nope

There are quite a few players that have the stats that need need to get in.... (Marvin Harrison)

As time goes by, the Patriot very good.... VERY GOOD players will be forgotten......  and NOT make the HOF

Brady .... YES

Moss..... Maybe

Maybe 2-3 others that at the best maybes.........   as time goes by, they will be not on consideration

He played at a HOF level in his prime. I have heard quite a few offensive lineman say he was the most difficult defensive lineman they ever faced. So the point was, saying that the Patriots didn't have many hall of famers is kind of misleading. I would take Seymour's prime over some of those in the hall.

Moss is a maybe? Lol

I would not longer be a fan of the Colts if Belichick became the coach.

I would hate it.  I don't like the man.  I admit that he is a great coach, but I have no respect for him.

The Colts might be the next dynasty, but I wouldn't even watch anymore.

The NFL in general is on thin ice with me, and this would be the straw that broke the camels' back.  I wouldn't watch the NFL at all anymore.

He played at a HOF level in his prime. I have heard quite a few offensive lineman say he was the most difficult defensive lineman they ever faced. So the point was, saying that the Patriots didn't have many hall of famers is kind of misleading. I would take Seymour's prime over some of those in the hall.

Moss is a maybe? Lol

I think you wish to argue.........  "LOL" ?       Im sorry if I am not as brilliant as you..... im just an average old dude behind a keyoard

If Moss gets in, I would NOT be suprised...... you are probably right......He had a few years, where he was awesome and unstoppable...   

Dont miss my point. I didnt say BB had scrubs around Brady. My point is, and to clarify, some of the well known coaches (Lombardi, Noll, Shula) had generally MORE HOF players at one time than BB did.

Thats my main point.

Also   

The thing about BB is, he seems to have the right gameplan called out more than any other coach I have ever seen.

He seems to be able to integrate new players into their system, and make it work better than anyone

He seems to be able to get rid of the high priced veterans right before their peak and drop

He seems to be able to get that "peak" out of a journeyman player more than any other.

IMHO, he is the best coach in the NFL

I just wish he would retire early

:)

Take care

I think you wish to argue.........  "LOL" ?       Im sorry if I am not as brilliant as you..... im just an average old dude behind a keyoard

If Moss gets in, I would NOT be suprised...... you are probably right......He had a few years, where he was awesome and unstoppable...   

Dont miss my point. I didnt say BB had scrubs around Brady. My point is, and to clarify, some of the well known coaches (Lombardi, Noll, Shula) had generally MORE HOF players at one time than BB did.

Thats my main point.

Also   

The thing about BB is, he seems to have the right gameplan called out more than any other coach I have ever seen.

He seems to be able to integrate new players into their system, and make it work better than anyone

He seems to be able to get rid of the high priced veterans right before their peak and drop

He seems to be able to get that "peak" out of a journeyman player more than any other.

Take care

I would agree he is easily the best coach in the league. But the comparison to the coaches past seems an apples to oranges comparison. Nobody has stacked rosters anymore.....it's the salary cap era. Plus, a team like Knoll's Steelers often had to defeat teams like the 70's Dolphins, Raiders, Vikings, Cowboys, etc.

I didn't mean anything by the LOL......I mean, it's Randy Moss.

Thats my main point.

Also   

Take care

I agree he is good, he is a student  of the rules and finds loopholes in them until the nfl has to change the rules because he finds a way around the rules,if the nfl has a rule he will push it to the limit  until they have to change it, may not be ethical, but it wins games. just not something to teach your children, pats can keep him

I wouldn't feel good about it. But some things just can't happen. Like when Reggie Wayne signed there. He didn't "like" it. The cultures of the two organizations are too different, I think. And I don't think a large portion of our fanbase could deal with it.

I also don't think he'd come here to coach.