Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How would you feel if bill belichick became the colts new coach?

Stephen

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit unralistic, but.....

Bill B. has made some mistakes and crossed the line.

He shouldnt have done that

Irregardless.......

Bill B. is the best HC this league has EVER seen

As a point

Think about the Lombardi led Packers (60's) - They won and had NINE Hall of Fame players......   NINE!!!!

Think about the Chuck Noll led Steelers (70's) - They won and had NINE Hall of Fame players .......  NINE!!!

Think about the Walsh led 49ers (80's) = They won and had SEVEN Hall of Fame players ........   SEVEN!

Think about Shula and the Dolphins (early 70s) - They won and had FIVE Hall of Fame players..........  FIVE!!

Now...... think about the Patriots.........   the ONE lock is Tom Brady......  MAYBE Gronk........ Adam V. Maybe  .......

In these cases....... the Pats had ONE team with possibly TWO HOFs...... but theses Patriots have won anyway

That is coaching!

I hate the Patriots..........  hope they all miss the game bus........  BUT

Bill B is the best coach in NFL history.........

So...... Short story long............    Heck yes!

the patriots have had a crap ton of excellent players during BB's era. Don't act like Bill has coached up a bunch of average players. When he didn't have the talent the defense stunk.

They were all eligible in 2013, and none of them have made the initial round of 25 finalists since then. After that, it gets whittled down to 15, and from there, you have to get 80% support to be inducted. They are all pretty far from being HOFers at this point.

Thats why they go on tv, in order to gain or keep TOMA. (Top of mind awareness)

Thats why they go on tv, in order to gain or keep TOMA. (Top of mind awareness)

All three of those guys have been on TV since basically the day they retired. Everyone who votes on HOF is in the NFL media; they know full well who Bruschi, McGinest and Harrison are, and have probably worked with them, and probably slobber all over their rings regularly. 

None of that changes the fact that none of those three guys really had HOF worthy careers. You can kind of make an argument for McGinest (86 career sacks, 47th all time) and especially Harrison (30+ sacks and 30+ picks, first ever, then joined by Ray Lewis), but all told, I don't think they have good cases. And the way the voting has gone -- again, none of them have even made it to the round of 25, based on what I've read today -- plus the new finalists each year being more worthy, I just don't see it happening. Definitely not anytime soon. 

The only reason Bruschi, McGinest, and Harrison didn't make more Pro Bowls is because they were too busy winning Super Bowls. Those dudes are HOF bound, maybe not all first-ballot caliber guys, but headed to Canton nevertheless.

None of those guys are HoF worthy players - not even close.  Key players who integral parts of Super Bowl winning teams - sure.  But HoF?  No - not close.

I would argue the two are related.

The ethically challenged part is his secret sauce.

He found the recipe when he arrived in NE. (He certainly didn't have it in his earlier HC job.

Could be related, it's just the things his team has been caught doing were unnecessary for them to win.

GOAT.

Only reason why Pats are successful.

He controls from scouting to drafting to management to coaching. One man show !.

If that were true, and he could be as succesful with any QB, then why wouldn't he have traded Brady years ago, gotten the bounty of draft picks for him, and gone with Cassel?

Talk about the peak of hypothetical and reaching

It's not really hypothetical when you consider Belichick has never had any issue whatsoever with moving on from higher salary stars when they were still performing at a high level...Lawyer Milloy, Richard Seymour, Logan Mankins, etc etc...when veteran stars start taking up a lot of cap room, Bill moves on...except with Brady. Why is that, if the coach is the "only reason" the Pats are successful?

It's not really hypothetical when you consider Belichick has never had any issue whatsoever with moving on from higher salary stars when they were still performing at a high level...Lawyer Milloy, Richard Seymour, Logan Mankins, etc etc...when veteran stars start taking up a lot of cap room, Bill moves on...except with Brady. Why is that, if the coach is the "only reason" the Pats are successful?

Who drafted Brady?

And everything you typed has nothing to do with the context.

All three of those guys have been on TV since basically the day they retired. Everyone who votes on HOF is in the NFL media; they know full well who Bruschi, McGinest and Harrison are, and have probably worked with them, and probably slobber all over their rings regularly. 

None of that changes the fact that none of those three guys really had HOF worthy careers. You can kind of make an argument for McGinest (86 career sacks, 47th all time) and especially Harrison (30+ sacks and 30+ picks, first ever, then joined by Ray Lewis), but all told, I don't think they have good cases. And the way the voting has gone -- again, none of them have even made it to the round of 25, based on what I've read today -- plus the new finalists each year being more worthy, I just don't see it happening. Definitely not anytime soon.

Willie could make it but like you say in time. The other two I'd say no also

Well to begin with the last 2 HC's Kraft hired are Pete Carroll & Bill Belichek.

Irsay hired pagano.

Yeah, he fired Carroll 3 yrs later lol. And I'm sure if the Pats hadnt got the luckiest 6th rounder of all time he would have fired BB a long time ago.

You're on an awfully high horse considering we have a guy on the field who served a 4-game suspension last year for PEDs.

Robert Mathis did not tale performance enhancing drugs he took a fertility drug prescribed by a doctor and a month later his wife conceived after going several years without being able to become pregnant

On the subject of coaching in general.  If Grigson has the type of control that is being reported; ie, choosing the asst coaches, a large hand in determining who plays on Sunday, etc.  No good HC is going to come to Indy under those conditions.

shhh, people here will deny Grigson is responsible for the hiring of Pep Hamilton and think its preposterous to not blame Pagano for that, as well as deny everything else you said and act as if there is no basis to believe any of that

He does not control every decision. That is a media fabrication.

Again, if you watched "Do Your Job" Bill said that while he was working on finding out about how the equipment guys prepare the footballs the week leading up the Super Bowl, he had his coordinators come up with the entire Super Bowl game plan which he just reviewed after. That is how much trust he has in those working with him. If you listened to Ernie Adams you would know how he mimics both the opposing teams offense and defense each week to prepare each unit for what is coming. He is literally Bill's right hand man in terms of getting the team ready each and every week.

While Bill's fingerprints are on everything given he is GM and HC, he is anything but a one man show. Executives and coaches who do that are usually out of the league in a short time frame as there is too much to do for one person to do well. Again , what makes Bill great is his ability to find and hire talented football people and then let them do their job.

offensive and defensive coordinators have came and gone, the pats have continued winning. bill is the common denominator. That is why his assistants dont succeed elsewhere.

Pats fans don't defend what the Pats have done wrong, at least spygate as that actually happened. We just take issue with the unfair characterizations of the organization as if their violations (camera location and unproven ball deflation) are somehow worse than what others have done. Seems most here agree as they would want Bill as their coach and are willing to look past everything else in the name of winning.

lol

Belichick is a great coach. 

What I don't understand is why we have to act like he's the ONLY great coach in the NFL. Or even the only one good enough to lead a championship team.

Who exactly has said any of that? Obviously, people are going to hold him in higher regards than any other coach in the league because he is by far the best and has won 4 super bowls, but no one has said anything of the sort.

Belichick is a great coach. 

What I don't understand is why we have to act like he's the ONLY great coach in the NFL. Or even the only one good enough to lead a championship team.

Well let's be honest, if you're a GM or owner, and you had your pick of the litter, is there really anyone you'd pick over Belicheck that's still alive and willing to coach?  Because I sure wouldn't...

I mean, I'm not sure why this is a thread topic other than just for fun hypotheticals, which is all I took it for. 

Well let's be honest, if you're a GM or owner, and you had your pick of the litter, is there really anyone you'd pick over Belicheck that's still alive and willing to coach?  Because I sure wouldn't...

I mean, I'm not sure why this is a thread topic other than just for fun hypotheticals, which is all I took it for. 

If I were an owner, I wouldn't hire Belichick. Of course, that's not a totally objective and rational viewpoint, me being a Colts fan and believing that he doesn't respect rules or authority. Best coach in the game, top five all time, maybe the GOAT, but I'd pass. 

If I were an owner, I wouldn't hire Belichick. Of course, that's not a totally objective and rational viewpoint, me being a Colts fan and believing that he doesn't respect rules or authority. Best coach in the game, top five all time, maybe the GOAT, but I'd pass. 

Well, that's all I was talking about, coaching.  If he is top 5 all time or GOAT, he'd be able to win without trying to get every conceivable advantage.  As an owner, it would be up to you with how much you put up with it.  So when something like spygate occurs, you can cut the ties or whatever.  So for me, I guess that's what I meant, I'd want Bill until his success (and therefore my franchise's success) gets what I would consider criticism that makes him a liability.  

I'd trade 5 first rounders...provided that he signs at least a 5 year deal with no retirement allowed clause.

The really sad thing is........Bill don't need a 1st round pick to make his draft elite. The sad thing is most people dismiss his GM abilities. What GM drafts better for position needs then Bill?

I personall loathe BB. Not so much for the little scheming that goes on with his team. I loathe Bill because he has always been in the way. In MY team's way. I love his coaching style. Nose to the grindstone kinda coach. Everything is kept in-house. Knows what players fit his system.