Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How would you feel if bill belichick became the colts new coach?

Stephen

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want a cheater. :scratch:

Why not, it gives you Rings and never gets you in trouble so what is the loss. Here in Indy we are second fiddle, a great franchise but people in NE laugh at us and don't respect us but if we had BB they would. At least our 2006 Ring is legit and that wasn't the year we supposedly piped in noise, that was 2005 against the Steelers and hear them complain about anything is comical since they always have the REFS in their back pocket. I'll Take my 2006Colts against any team in NFL history as long as Bob Sanders is healthy.

You had said he was a one man show. That could not be further from the truth especially if you have watched everything on the guy from his childhood. What makes him who he is his ability to hired quality football guys to scout, coach, etc and then let them do their jobs. If you watched "Do Your Job" you would see in spades how Bill is anything but a one man show.

He makes decision and he controls every single decision that goes on and off the field aka one man show.

He is praised and blamed for anything and everything because he is responsible for all the decisions.

Pagano pats the players on the back whether they score a td, throw an INT, fumble the ball or have to punt. He doesn't install any discipline or aggressiveness into this team and then the team plays with little fire and no effort. Pep uses the same gameplan practically every game, it doesn't work time after time and instead of switching it, he stays with it. Even when he does switch it up, like the 1st half of the Pats game and we are ahead by a point after the half, he goes back to his horrible game plan. He doesn't know how to adapt, and he is hurting Luck and costing us games. It would be the same if I learned how to play poker again and played every hand loose-passive, if I kept that up I would be a career loser, but by adapting I would get a little better and eventually be a career winner with strategy and the ability to read my opponents. Pep is still learning the basics and not getting any better, in fact he's just throwing stuff at the wall randomly to see what sticks at this point. The players follow the coaches image.

None of that has anything to do with effort or hard work during the week.

He makes decision and he controls every single decision that goes on and off the field aka one man show.

He is praised and blamed for anything and everything because he is responsible for all the decisions.

He does not control every decision. That is a media fabrication.

Again, if you watched "Do Your Job" Bill said that while he was working on finding out about how the equipment guys prepare the footballs the week leading up the Super Bowl, he had his coordinators come up with the entire Super Bowl game plan which he just reviewed after. That is how much trust he has in those working with him. If you listened to Ernie Adams you would know how he mimics both the opposing teams offense and defense each week to prepare each unit for what is coming. He is literally Bill's right hand man in terms of getting the team ready each and every week.

While Bill's fingerprints are on everything given he is GM and HC, he is anything but a one man show. Executives and coaches who do that are usually out of the league in a short time frame as there is too much to do for one person to do well. Again , what makes Bill great is his ability to find and hire talented football people and then let them do their job.

None of that has anything to do with effort or hard work during the week.

Who cares about the effort during the week? I want them to care under pressure and give two hoots in a real game. When they face someone who wants to beat their brains in, they fold. Anyone can give effort during the week in practice situations.

Who cares about the effort during the week? I want them to care under pressure and give two hoots in a real game. When they face someone who wants to beat their brains in, they fold. Anyone can give effort during the week in practice situations.

Maybe you should reread your initial post

No, not exactly the same, I wouldn't go to obscene lengths to defend something my guy did wrong.  We're just the same in that we want winning coaches to coach out team.

Pats fans don't defend what the Pats have done wrong, at least spygate as that actually happened. We just take issue with the unfair characterizations of the organization as if their violations (camera location and unproven ball deflation) are somehow worse than what others have done. Seems most here agree as they would want Bill as their coach and are willing to look past everything else in the name of winning.

Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Willie McGinest, Randy Moss, Ty Law, Vince Wilfork... are all probably going to be in the HOF. Not to take ANYTHING away from Belichick's coaching acumen, but they've had their fair share of HOFers come through Foxborough.

I respectfully disagree

Tedy Bruschi?  -  1 pro bowl, Not going to happen IMHO

Rodney Harrison? -  2 pro bowls, not going to happen IMHO

Willie McGinest?  2 Pro bowls, not going to happen IMHO

Ty Law?  - Best chance IMHO......   5 Pro Bowls.......  (You may be right)

Vince Wilfolk? - Also a better chance than the others... 5 pro bowls ... (You may be right there as well)

Either way, I still think that BB is the best coach that the NFL has ever seen.

I would take him in a new york minute

But......... not going to happen

He does not control every decision. That is a media fabrication.

Again, if you watched "Do Your Job" Bill said that while he was working on finding out about how the equipment guys prepare the footballs the week leading up the Super Bowl, he had his coordinators come up with the entire Super Bowl game plan which he just reviewed after. That is how much trust he has in those working with him. If you listened to Ernie Adams you would know how he mimics both the opposing teams offense and defense each week to prepare each unit for what is coming. He is literally Bill's right hand man in terms of getting the team ready each and every week.

While Bill's fingerprints are on everything given he is GM and HC, he is anything but a one man show. Executives and coaches who do that are usually out of the league in a short time frame as there is too much to do for one person to do well. Again , what makes Bill great is his ability to find and hire talented football people and then let them do their job.

We don't have to talk micro managing but every decisions are made by him.

He hires an offensive coordinator. He doesn't ask if the OC adds sugar in his coffee or not.

I respectfully disagree

Vince Wilfolk? - Also a better chance than the others... 5 pro bowls ... (You may be right there as well)

None of those players will make HoF except for Moss.

I would absolutely love if Bill Belichick coached the Colts. He is someone I model myself after, a perfectionist that will work his butt off to win and dominate at everything he does. The Colts have nobody that puts in close to the effort that Belichick does, and as someone who works to be the best at everyone I do and compete at, it makes me sick. We would benefit greatly from the pure effort Belichick puts into making every part of his team a success and Luck could fulfill his potential as the net Elite QB in the NFL. It will never happen, but Belichick is the Coach all other coaches should try to become and model themselves after.

Oh

Dear

God

On so many levels

I respectfully disagree

The only reason Bruschi, McGinest, and Harrison didn't make more Pro Bowls is because they were too busy winning Super Bowls. Those dudes are HOF bound, maybe not all first-ballot caliber guys, but headed to Canton nevertheless.

Seems you are the minority.

I may be. Many here jump off cliffs at the slightest bit of turmoil with the team.

I don't. I've been thru many good and bad Colt seasons going back to the Baltimore Colts days. Many here have only seen (or become fans) the Manning years forward. They didn't go thru the "lean" years. Or they have short memories.

Me, i'd rather lose honestly than win by deception, cheating, etc.

THAT is why i say no to Belichek. I have no respect for him AS A MAN. As a coach, meh, i'll take character every time. Its a character, morals thing for me.

I don't believe in coincidence. And i don't think its coincidence that a "*" is associated with EVERY NE superbowl winning season. Where theres smoke, theres always fire.

It is what it is.

The only reason Bruschi, McGinest, and Harrison didn't make more Pro Bowls is because they were too busy winning Super Bowls. Those dudes are HOF bound, maybe not all first-ballot caliber guys, but headed to Canton nevertheless.

Hmmm, 2 HGH guys and an injury faker.

TRUE Patriots.

Pretty sure all three of those guys retired before the Pro Bowl got moved to the week before the SB. Those guys didn't make more Pro Bowls because they weren't deserving of more. Good players, but none of them were ever really the best at their positions, and if they were, it wasn't for long.

I respectfully disagree

Tedy Bruschi? - 1 pro bowl, Not going to happen IMHO

Rodney Harrison? - 2 pro bowls, not going to happen IMHO

Willie McGinest? 2 Pro bowls, not going to happen IMHO

Ty Law? - Best chance IMHO...... 5 Pro Bowls....... (You may be right)

Theres a reason these guys go on NFL network, dancing with stars, etc. unfortunately, these "after football" things increase thieir pro bowl votes. Just look back at whos been inducted and who's been on these shows. The HOF is becoming a popularity contest more (or as much as) than production based.

Theres a reason these guys go on NFL network, dancing with stars, etc. unfortunately, these "after football" things increase thieir pro bowl votes. Just look back at whos been inducted and who's been on these shows. The HOF is becoming a popularity contest more (or as much as) than production based.

They were all eligible in 2013, and none of them have made the initial round of 25 finalists since then. After that, it gets whittled down to 15, and from there, you have to get 80% support to be inducted. They are all pretty far from being HOFers at this point.

Belichick is a great coach. 

What I don't understand is why we have to act like he's the ONLY great coach in the NFL. Or even the only one good enough to lead a championship team.

List the other great coaches. Maybe green bay's coach and the raven's coach. 

Hmm I'd feel somewhat concerned that I had somehow slipped into an alternate reality where this was possibility.

I'd say there's more chance that the reanimated corpse of Al Davis gets brought in during the bye week and leads the team to a stunning turn around and hoists the Lombardi, hey at least he'd have known how to use a speedy receiver.

Speaking of Al... he really was a control freak, one of the founding fathers of the modern NFL though. 

I think he's the best coach ever. The rule breaking, hard to say if that would continue. I don't think so. I have a feeling some things have been said behind the scenes this time. I think (hope) this season is clean...well except for the Pitt game headset thing, but that was more just a poke... You'd have to be accepting of all the nastiness, press conferences, and the ratty hoodys, etc., but in the end, he's likely going to retire when he's done in NE. I could see one scenario where he goes elsewhere, but that's not happening.