Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How would you feel if bill belichick became the colts new coach?

Stephen

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoody is the best coach going and may retire as the best coach ever. If he came to the Colts who would protest. However, NE will never ever let him go. He now has three rookies on his starting offensive line,three!! Every season we hear name of players we never heard of because he develops "strategies" regardless of who his personnel is playing. That is the proof of a very smart guy. He is among the most elite coaches in NFL history. Don Shula was considered great but Shula fell off the shelf as personnel change after the undefeated season while the Patriots systemically steam roll over opponents season after season after season.

Hoody is the best coach going and may retire as the best coach ever. If he came to the Colts who would protest. However, NE will never ever let him go. He now has three rookies on his starting offensive line,three!! Every season we hear name of players we never heard of because he develops "strategies" regardless of who his personnel is playing. That is the proof of a very smart guy. He is among the most elite coaches in NFL history. Don Shula was considered great but Shula fell off the shelf as personnel change after the undefeated season while the Patriots systemically steam roll over opponents season after season after season.

The weird part is that he didn't do much in Cleveland but has done extremely well in NE; it must have been part of the learning process.  

On the subject of coaching in general.  If Grigson has the type of control that is being reported; ie, choosing the asst coaches, a large hand in determining who plays on Sunday, etc.  No good HC is going to come to Indy under those conditions.

Sad truth...

Which is a shame because while he doesn't do everything that I agree with I do think he manipulates cap well and drafts decent.  That's better than a bunch of other GM's in the league. 

Why would you want a cheater. :scratch:

Winning is contagious. Taste the blood and you want it more and more. Sure it would be a great move for any team to have BB as their coach. I'm sure he's a swell guy but some respect was lost for him from me. But I'm just a nobody so my opinion doesn't matter about who the Colts hire or don't hire. We definitely need better coaches here in Indy. We get the GM who's never did it before. The OC and HC who's never done it before in the NFL. OH WELL.

A bit unralistic, but.....

Bill B. has made some mistakes and crossed the line.

He shouldnt have done that

Irregardless.......

Bill B. is the best HC this league has EVER seen

As a point

Think about the Lombardi led Packers (60's) - They won and had NINE Hall of Fame players......   NINE!!!!

Think about the Chuck Noll led Steelers (70's) - They won and had NINE Hall of Fame players .......  NINE!!!

Think about the Walsh led 49ers (80's) = They won and had SEVEN Hall of Fame players ........   SEVEN!

Think about Shula and the Dolphins (early 70s) - They won and had FIVE Hall of Fame players..........  FIVE!!

Now...... think about the Patriots.........   the ONE lock is Tom Brady......  MAYBE Gronk........ Adam V. Maybe  .......

In these cases....... the Pats had ONE team with possibly TWO HOFs...... but theses Patriots have won anyway

That is coaching!

I hate the Patriots..........  hope they all miss the game bus........  BUT

Bill B is the best coach in NFL history.........

So...... Short story long............    Heck yes!

I would absolutely love if Bill Belichick coached the Colts. He is someone I model myself after, a perfectionist that will work his butt off to win and dominate at everything he does. The Colts have nobody that puts in close to the effort that Belichick does, and as someone who works to be the best at everyone I do and compete at, it makes me sick. We would benefit greatly from the pure effort Belichick puts into making every part of his team a success and Luck could fulfill his potential as the net Elite QB in the NFL. It will never happen, but Belichick is the Coach all other coaches should try to become and model themselves after.

I would absolutely love if Bill Belichick coached the Colts. He is someone I model myself after, a perfectionist that will work his butt off to win and dominate at everything he does. The Colts have nobody that puts in close to the effort that Belichick does, and as someone who works to be the best at everyone I do and compete at, it makes me sick. We would benefit greatly from the pure effort Belichick puts into making every part of his team a success and Luck could fulfill his potential as the net Elite QB in the NFL. It will never happen, but Belichick is the Coach all other coaches should try to become and model themselves after.

Please tell me how you the effort of the coaches and players on this team? Get real

I have watched everything since his childhood days when he went to Naval academy with his father.

Take him out, Pats organization will crumble into ashes. I am sure we both will be alive to see that.

You had said he was a one man show. That could not be further from the truth especially if you have watched everything on the guy from his childhood. What makes him who he is his ability to hired quality football guys to scout, coach, etc and then let them do their jobs. If you watched "Do Your Job" you would see in spades how Bill is anything but a one man show.

You had said he was a one man show. That could not be further from the truth especially if you have watched everything on the guy from his childhood. What makes him who he is his ability to hired quality football guys to scout, coach, etc and then let them do their jobs. If you watched "Do Your Job" you would see in spades how Bill is anything but a one man show.

I think he is the best ever but IMO Tommy is a Top 5 QB of all-time too. You have Montana, Unitas, Elway, Peyton, and Tom everyone else is out of the discussion except maybe Marino. Marino never won a Ring though. Favre threw a crap load of INT's, and Bradshaw and Aikman didn't have the Stats to compare to my 5.

Please tell me how you the effort of the coaches and players on this team? Get real

Pagano pats the players on the back whether they score a td, throw an INT, fumble the ball or have to punt. He doesn't install any discipline or aggressiveness into this team and then the team plays with little fire and no effort. Pep uses the same gameplan practically every game, it doesn't work time after time and instead of switching it, he stays with it. Even when he does switch it up, like the 1st half of the Pats game and we are ahead by a point after the half, he goes back to his horrible game plan. He doesn't know how to adapt, and he is hurting Luck and costing us games. It would be the same if I learned how to play poker again and played every hand loose-passive, if I kept that up I would be a career loser, but by adapting I would get a little better and eventually be a career winner with strategy and the ability to read my opponents. Pep is still learning the basics and not getting any better, in fact he's just throwing stuff at the wall randomly to see what sticks at this point. The players follow the coaches image.

A bit unralistic, but.....

Bill B. has made some mistakes and crossed the line.

He shouldnt have done that

Irregardless.......

Bill B. is the best HC this league has EVER seen

As a point

Think about the Lombardi led Packers (60's) - They won and had NINE Hall of Fame players......   NINE!!!!

Think about the Chuck Noll led Steelers (70's) - They won and had NINE Hall of Fame players .......  NINE!!!

Think about the Walsh led 49ers (80's) = They won and had SEVEN Hall of Fame players ........   SEVEN!

Think about Shula and the Dolphins (early 70s) - They won and had FIVE Hall of Fame players..........  FIVE!!

Now...... think about the Patriots.........   the ONE lock is Tom Brady......  MAYBE Gronk........ Adam V. Maybe  .......

In these cases....... the Pats had ONE team with possibly TWO HOFs...... but theses Patriots have won anyway

That is coaching!

I hate the Patriots..........  hope they all miss the game bus........  BUT

Bill B is the best coach in NFL history.........

So...... Short story long............    Heck yes!

Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Willie McGinest, Randy Moss, Ty Law, Vince Wilfork... are all probably going to be in the HOF. Not to take ANYTHING away from Belichick's coaching acumen, but they've had their fair share of HOFers come through Foxborough.

Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Willie McGinest, Randy Moss, Ty Law, Vince Wilfork... are all probably going to be in the HOF. Not to take ANYTHING away from Belichick's coaching acumen, but they've had their fair share of HOFers come through Foxborough.

Richard Seymour , Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Corey Dillon. No doubt they had studs all over the field in all 3 phases of the game.