Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Panthers Predictions

RockThatBlue

Whats really funny about the stare down stuff is what I've been saying for years about QB P.M. He's broke the golden rule I've been hearing by coaches since I was kid and I've been amazed how much he got away with it?? I guess its all in the defense I guess. 

stare-down? when is he doing this?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panthers is a winnable game if this stupid offense would do its job and not turn the ball over along with sustaining some drives. Also eliminating penalties. We can deal with their receivers, its just about bottling up that running game and forcing Cam to be a passer which I don't think is his best strength although he can get u at times. Offensively I think we need to attack this thing similar to Houston. Lots of gap runs, play action, bunch/receivers tight to the formation, make use of our tight ends more.

Whats really funny about the stare down stuff is what I've been saying for years about QB P.M. He's broke the golden rule I've been hearing by coaches since I was kid and I've been amazed how much he got away with it?? I guess its all in the defense I guess.

Lol... just because Manning was looking at one half of the field didn't mean he was staring down anyone. You should listen to Ray Lewis' interview. Manning never let anyone know who he was throwing to he was a true master of his craft. Many defensive players have said that if Manning often cut the field in half but could look players off with his eyes. Made it to where they couldn't trust what they saw.

Don't attempt to insult Manning when you have no clue what you are even seeing.

Panthers is a winnable game if this stupid offense would do its job and not turn the ball over along with sustaining some drives. Also eliminating penalties. We can deal with their receivers, its just about bottling up that running game and forcing Cam to be a passer which I don't think is his best strength although he can get u at times. Offensively I think we need to attack this thing similar to Houston. Lots of gap runs, play action, bunch/receivers tight to the formation, make use of our tight ends more.

Panthers are due for a loss too. This would be a gigantic win if we get it. I bet we are at least 8 point underdogs, more than a TD.

If the Colts win this game all it will mean is more of the same... This wont be a "turning the corner" moment... This will be the Colts pull out a fluke win and then continue down their stumbling bumbling ways.

If we want to really see meaningful change for the better Irsay has to at the very least fire Pep Hamilton or replace him and demote him to a different coordinator position. 

If we continue to win one here and there then the status quo won't change.

I'll be at the game with son and daughter-in-law. He's a Panthers fan. She's a Colts (Manning) fan. We have some front row upper-level corner seats. I hope to see the Colts get it together.

I'll be there as well! Wife is a Panthers fan...itll be an interesting night haha

Lol... just because Manning was looking at one half of the field didn't mean he was staring down anyone. You should listen to Ray Lewis' interview. Manning never let anyone know who he was throwing to he was a true master of his craft. Many defensive players have said that if Manning often cut the field in half but could look players off with his eyes. Made it to where they couldn't trust what they saw.

Don't attempt to insult Manning when you have no clue what you are even seeing.

Who's insulting manning?? I don't get into that crazy nonsense around here. End of story.

I watched the Carolina vs philly very closely. Mainly cause I had fantasy players on both sides. Sam Bradford played and looked like a zombie out there. He eagles with a horrendous offense almost came back. The panthers defense is top ten. I do think this next game is when we get back on track. I think Pagano is gonna prove the world wrong about our colts. Luck will come back to his MVP form!! Cam Newton has only beat one good team so far this season and that's the Seahawks with two late TD to win it. Colts will win the next three games!!

I loved listening to the new Duke Tumato "Lord Help Our Colts". It was very sympathetic and kind in support of our team. But after watching the past two games, I get more of a seasonal Halloween vibe - Colts of the Living Dead. I make no prediction on the Carolina game. I'd only laugh and cry at the same time.

I watched the Carolina vs philly very closely. Mainly cause I had fantasy players on both sides. Sam Bradford played and looked like a zombie out there. He eagles with a horrendous offense almost came back. The panthers defense is top ten. I do think this next game is when we get back on track. I think Pagano is gonna prove the world wrong about our colts. Luck will come back to his MVP form!! Cam Newton has only beat one good team so far this season and that's the Seahawks with two late TD to win it. Colts will win the next three games!!

And what good team have the colts beat?

Prediction:  Colts will come out flat and fall behind by 14 - 21 points in the first half.

Gore will run effectively despite his running plays being telegraphed,  There will be virtually no play action passes.  Once the Colts fall behind there will be only a few token, telegraphed runs for the remainder of the game.  

Late in the second half, once the Panthers have fallen into prevent / conservative defense, the Colts will get some garbage time scores to fan the false hope of fans and to make the game look close to those not paying attention.

Although the above is NOT my hope, it actually IS my realistic expectation.  I hope I am wrong.  Go Colts!

What has changed about this team lately?  Nothing.  Therefore, I see more of the same.  A slow start where we are down 3 to 4 scores only to see another comeback attempt in the 3rd quarter when the Colts finally decide to wake up and try to win, followed by another effort that comes up short.  I'll say Carolina 31-23.

19-17 Colts. Our Defense plays out of their mind for a change and has the Carolina crowd booing a little. Andrew plays a nice game with no Turnovers and something like 225 passing 1 TD and we run the ball well with Gore and Bradshaw for a lot of Yards. Adam wins it with a FG late. I think this is the week we shut the haters up.

Good fans do. Went thru it last year. Panthers were 3-8-1 after a tie and 6 game losing streak. 4 games later we're 7-8-1 and division champs. #KeepPounding (please wait until next week, tho)

the problem is the colts division is not competitive with the rest of the league.  you could be a bottom 10(maybe 5) team and still win the south.  we also have a lot of those division banners already, and all too often they lead to one and done, or a blow out loss to the first real contender we play.

the problem is the colts division is not competitive with the rest of the league.  you could be a bottom 10(maybe 5) team and still win the south.  we also have a lot of those division banners already, and all too often they lead to one and done, or a blow out loss to the first real contender we play.

And you tell this to a guy who's team (Panthers) is in a division where every single team ended up with a losing record last year?  Tell me when has everyone in the AFC South ended up with losing records?  I like his attitude "Keep Pounding".

And you tell this to a guy who's team (Panthers) is in a division where every single team ended up with a losing record last year?  Tell me when has everyone in the AFC South ended up with losing records?  I like his attitude "Keep Pounding".

the colts have been the only team with a winning record in the south 4 times in the last decade

the colts have been the only team with a winning record in the south 4 times in the last decade

That's not true.  The Texans had a winning record last year at 9-7 and they won the division two years in a row when Luck was drafted.

That's not true.  The Texans had a winning record last year at 9-7 and they won the division two years in a row when Luck was drafted.

its true, i said going back to 2005.  there were a few 8-8s in there.  im not saying no one has had a winning record in that time, just that they have had mostly losing ones

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=div&season=2006-REG&split=Overall

its true, i said going back to 2005.  there were a few 8-8s in there.  im not saying no one has had a winning record in that time, just that they have had mostly losing ones

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=div&season=2006-REG&split=Overall

My point was to say the NFC South was pretty terrible last year. As bad as the AFC South has been I don't think it has ever been as bad as the NFC south was last year.  If we keep playing like trash this year it might end up that way though..