Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions Fire OC

18Manning

Yeah, we should follow suit. I wonder if Pep is getting more and more worried as these stories are made public.

Me too. I believe the piece eluded to the prospect of other changes in the NFL. Unfortunately, the Colts would be in that discussion.

Let's leave the comments about Pep to the Pep thread.....NOTHING will happen mid-season.  We will get better.  I loved how everyone was Firing Tom Coughlin almost every year and every week.  How did that turn out the year they got better and better to finish 9-7......Just sayin'.

Caldwell trying to save himself from being fired. Wonder if Chuck will eventually do the same and let go of Manusky and/or Pep. 

At this point I'm not sure that would save Pagano.  Also, if it is true that Grigson hired Pep over Pagano's objections, then Chuck will have very little to say about Pep's job status.

At this point I'm not sure that would save Pagano. Also, if it is true that Grigson hired Pep over Pagano's objections, then Chuck will have very little to say about Pep's job status.

Chuck might have little say but Irsay does. Irsay won't let this train wreck continue no matter what Grigson thinks or says.

Chuck might have little say but Irsay does. Irsay won't let this train wreck continue no matter what Grigson thinks or says.

Assuming this continues to be the mess that it is, Irsay would clean house, IMO.

I could be wrong, but the only one I can see getting the axe before the end of the season is Pep.

They weren't playoff caliber when he got there

Err... forgive me if in wrong but didn't they have the best d line on football with the best receiver and a decent (kinda lol) QB? I mean they had a ton in place to make noise all they needed was a coach.

Err... forgive me if in wrong but didn't they have the best d line on football with the best receiver and a decent (kinda lol) QB? I mean they had a ton in place to make noise all they needed was a coach.

The dline is gone. Caldwell had nothing to do with that. Stafford is undisciplined. I did think Caldwell would help with that, but he hasn't

The dline is gone. Caldwell had nothing to do with that. Stafford is undisciplined. I did think Caldwell would help with that, but he hasn't

But I think that was what was originally meant.  If that team would have been better coached they were legitimate NFC C contenders. Even with Green Bay being in the division.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Take away Rivers 400+ TDs and he has none.  Great logic.   Also, I find it funny that many people think Luck was so much better and criticize Rivers for his lack of postseason success, while Luck had more INTs than TDs in the playoffs.
    • And the game tying TD was dropped by Woodhead on 3rd down.  But nobody remembers that.
    • Sure, if it's a popularity contest.   But statistically, Rivers was the best QB in the league from 2008-2010.  He was top 3 in 2013 and 2018.   And for comparison's sake, let's look at Brady vs Rivers in the years I listed.  Rivers undoubtedly had better performances in 2008, 2009, 2013, and 2018.    Heck, Brady only played part of 1 game in 2008, while Rivers led the league in TDs, TD%, Y/A, AY/A, and passer rating...I'd love to find the person who thinks he had a better season than Rivers that year.   And let me expand on that 2008 season, and how it proves Rivers has been criminally underrated (which leads to many of these unnecessary HOF discussions).  Imagine a QB that leads the entire NFL in TDs, TD%, Y/A, AY/A, and passer rating but doesn't even get voted to the pro bowl.  I don't think a QB has ever been more robbed of accolades than Philip Rivers that year.  Should have been MVP.
    • The quoted stat says JT runs.   The OP took that and somehow twisted it into an indictment on Rivers.  Pretty stupid post honestly.
    • A bit of a reach you're making here.  There's no evidence that stat has anything to do with opponents fearing Rivers' ability to throw downfield.  You come off as an irrational Rivers hater to be honest.   As others have pointed out, Rivers has been pretty deadly when going deep compared to the rest of the league. You also ignore the fact that this stat is for actual JT running plays - not all plays - as well as the fact that the stat is likely skewed by the fact that in half of our games we ran clock for the majority of the second half.  Of course the D is gonna stack the box in those situations.   Do you happen to know which 4 RBs have faced a higher percentage of stacked boxes on their runs?  And if so, do you also claim it's because those QBs are not "feared"?
  • Members

• basspapaw

basspapaw 41

• Nancy

Nancy 76

• Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life 1,515

• ReMeDy

ReMeDy 2,883

• SaturdayAllDay

SaturdayAllDay 949

• RollerColt