Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maybe they should do what the Dolphins.

Chud should swap places with pep

I'm actually 100% in agree with this. I think it was chud who called the Ravens game last year and looked alot better and more balanced. And actually it wouldn't surprise me if this happens soon

They wont fire chuck because we are still leading in the division.... There is not any trust in the organization.  Grigs doesnt trust chuck, chuck doesnt trust grigs and pep...Pep playing calling is doing enough to not point the finger at him... Maybe they are trying to get pep in the headcoaching spot

I'm wondering how the removal of the head coach increases Miller's carries by as much as they have increased in the last two games since the OC is still there.

Because Dan Campbell said run the football.  Period.  Now all of the sudden Tannehill looks like an All Pro because he has a running game to help him. Why won't Chuck run Gore 15-20 times per game?

I'm more for firing pep and elevating chud to OC. Seems like it could be a simple transition. And we can find out if we can stick with chud, or go coordinator hunting this offseason.

In my opinion pep needs to go back to college.

hell yes to this I don't understand Grigson smh! Give Pagano who he wants not who you want he's not the HC and he's trying to become that person

Like I mentioned in another thread, I don't think it's the same situation. I think the Dolphins just didn't like Philbin and didn't like paying for him. I think it would demoralize the team even more if Pagano was fired during the season because of how much the players like him.

Different situation. Miami has a much better overall roster that underachieved under Philbin. Plus Tannehill doesn't really dig the team down a hole with turnovers early in games and they have good playmakers on defense with Wake, Suh, Grimes, and Reshad Jones. I actually think Jones is the best safety in the game right now.

The Dolphins had long since quit on Philbin. If I had to guess I'd say many of the players on that roster hated playing for Philbin LAST season.

Our players haven't quit. They seem to genuinely like Chuck. It's that Chuck and his guys just don't have the greatest grasp on what they're doing. 

What a strange, strange thread. 

Like I mentioned in another thread, I don't think it's the same situation. I think the Dolphins just didn't like Philbin and didn't like paying for him. I think it would demoralize the team even more if Pagano was fired during the season because of how much the players like him.

No philbin is just not a good coach period bruh it shows now

Oh, is that all it takes? Tell me more about this

It amazes me that this is what people want more than anything when they have the benefit of knowing the best coach in the NFL right now - and in the top 3 or 5 greatest all time - is also the least expressionless. 

The only thing anyone should want is a guy that can out coach someone else or failing that, keep the opposing coach on his toes.

I know but I'm saying it seems like the players realized that and weren't interested in playing for him. But we know our players love Chuck and think he's a good coach.

Yeah & i thought my high school geometry teacher was awesome cause he didnt give any homework & everyone got As...

EVERYONE IN THE SCHOOL LOVED HIM!!!

But guess what we didnt learn poop about geometry...

If we still suck over the next few weeks, I would vote for firing Pep and replacing him with Chud at the Bye.

Nice Avatar, Clubber Lang. Rocky 3 was my favorite out of the Rocky series. I actually think the Dolphins have a chance against the Pats now. A change has turned them around, maybe it would for us too??

Yeah & i thought my high school geometry teacher was awesome cause he didnt give any homework & everyone got As...

EVERYONE IN THE SCHOOL LOVED HIM!!!

But guess what we didnt learn poop about geometry...

I think coaching is the scapegoat far too often. The players have to take a part in it too. The coaches don't force Luck to throw picks or make Toler have horrible games. Look at the Bills situation. The defense was much better under Schwartz and Marrone but since they went 8-8 they just had to get the big name out there in Rex Ryan. Defense is no where near as good.

I think coaching is the scapegoat far too often. The players have to take a part in it too. The coaches don't force Luck to throw picks or make Toler have horrible games. Look at the Bills situation. The defense was much better under Schwartz and Marrone but since they went 8-8 they just had to get the big name out there in Rex Ryan. Defense is no where near as good.

coaching isn't the only reason but the OC is the main reason he sees Andrew is uncomfortable yet he's keeping him the pocket to struggle help him out

Not only is he leaving him to struggle he doesn't care. "He's been doing this for 3 years, has he not?"...."of course he's playing, he's Andrew Luck"...and what happened? He didn't play. Dude is a joke. Just that quote right there shows that just bcuz we throw Luck in the game they think he superman. Won't call an efficient game with him in like they did with Matt. Or anything. Just throw him in and roll the dice and see what happens. Why do anything extra? "He's Andrew Luck"...ok, and. ..

They wont fire chuck because we are still leading in the division

good point.

even though its not really a good point, due to how bad the south is.  im thinking we could be 3-4 with no head coach and computer algorithms calling plays.  we might have done even better considering how bad the in game decisions have been

Chud was our OC when Cam was drafted. That rookie year Chud utilized lots of 2 TE sets with Olsen and Shockey along with Smitty demanding the rest of the targets. If our defense had stayed healthy, we could have been dangerous.

You guys have Allen and Fleener to go with TY and Moncrief. Chud would be in his element if he got promoted to OC.

Edited by SteelCityColt

Yeah Rex Ryan wouldnt have been my choice either, i bet hes horrible at Geometry...

good point.

even though its not really a good point, due to how bad the south is.  im thinking we could be 3-4 with no head coach and computer algorithms calling plays.  we might have done even better considering how bad the in game decisions have been

ok I think were on to something here...

Tannehill is eating pretty good off of play action passing right now like Luck should be. Oh I forgot we don't run that kind of stuff in our crazy offense. You want to get Luck back in the groove then increase the play action passing and watch him soar. West coast chain moving offense that strikes deep off play action passing. That should be our core but for some odd reason between a head coach, assistant head coach, and a OC nobody seems to be able to figure this out.