Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Timeout?

cdgacoltsfan

Although its obvious some changes need to be made, Im not going to jump on the fire everybody band wagon. However, there was a timeout Chuck called that left me scratching my head. I believe it was late 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter. The Saints were punting from their own side of the field, they were standing around and were either going to let the playclock run out and take the penalty or take a time out just before the clock ran down. With 2 seconds left on the playclock...we called time out..does anybody remember this???

Although its obvious some changes need to be made, Im not going to jump on the fire everybody band wagon. However, there was a timeout Chuck called that left me scratching my head. I believe it was late 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter. The Saints were punting from their own side of the field, they were standing around and were either going to let the playclock run out and take the penalty or take a time out just before the clock ran down. With 2 seconds left on the playclock...we called time out..does anybody remember this???

Colts only had 10 players on the field.  When he saw that he paniced and called time out.

If it were obvious that they were not going to punt, which it was, YES I would say they panicked.

I woukd have to watch the play again because I don't recall feeling like the saints were not going to run the play. I do remember being confused as to why the colts called timeout until it had been explained that there were only 10 men on the field.