Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Strip 14 Points From The Colts Total Yesterday

King Colt

The cold, hard fact is Ty 's two touchdowns came because the same defender fell down on both TD's so had he not fell down the final score could have been Colts:7. Keep in mind the announcers said all day the Saints coverage was way over Lucks head,  

Yea, except they really weren't that great in coverage...

One of those plays that Luck hit Hilton on (can't remember which one) there was a wide open TE 9 yards down the field with the closest defender about 20 yards away.  The plays were there it's just Luck didn't see them. It is great he got some good fortune on TY but, you can't beat good teams with good fortune as your only card. 

The only number that matters from yesterday is the 1 in the loss column.  Final score doesn't mean squat other than who won or lost.  It is clear we have problems all over with this team.  Coaching, play calling, qbing, ol, dl, secondary and special teams.  The two touchdowns mean nothing except to fantasy owners.  It was clear we were out-played, out-coached, and out-prepared.  I'm not going to argue we got lucky on those plays and I'm not going to sit here and say those plays don't count. Many games can have the outcomes changed on a couple plays so that is pointless to debate.  What isn't is that this team and staff is just not playing/performing very well right now...and other than a couple Hasselbeck starts haven't lived up to the expectations and ability we posess.

The point  I made was "success in beating the opposition". Any team can declare victory if the opposition does not show up. The Colts inability to succeed on offense looks good on paper with the two touchdowns by TY but in reality any high school can also succeed with the defender lying face first on the turf.

The cold, hard fact is Ty 's two touchdowns came because the same defender fell down on both TD's so had he not fell down the final score could have been Colts:7. Keep in mind the announcers said all day the Saints coverage was way over Lucks head,  

If that is the case, then our defense must have fell down 4 times yesterday.

I don't recall which play, but at least one of them TY had to reach way out to catch it. There's no way the defender would have been able to overtake him and defend the pass.

I hit the rewind to look back at both those catches.

Houston talk radio just went to Indy Fox Sports talk radio to compare what Indy Talk Radio was saying and how the complaints are the same as Houston's about our Texans. The first thing that came out from the show hosted by Mike Grady and  Joe Staysniak was the  FACT that TY had 15 chances to catch the ball and caught only two (like I said when the defender was hugging the turf).  The point they were making was TY was just as guilty of nonplaying as the other so-called "players". The Houston broadcasters also laughed at the first TD say the defender was totally lost on his pursuit of TY.

I am, by no means whatsoever, giving accolades to the Colts in this game. However, I don't understand the whole idea behind "this game wasn't even close". Isn't it about who has the most points when the game is over? The Colts didn't, of course, but they were within 1 score. The Colts were outplayed the majority of the game, but they made a good effort to get back in, did get back in, but fell short of victory. It wasn't close as far as play execution over the majority of the game, but in total play execution resulting in points, they were right on the heels of the Saints. 

I am, by no means whatsoever, giving accolades to the Colts in this game. However, I don't understand the whole idea behind "this game wasn't even close". Isn't it about who has the most points when the game is over? The Colts didn't, of course, but they were within 1 score. The Colts were outplayed the majority of the game, but they made a good effort to get back in, did get back in, but fell short of victory. It wasn't close as far as play execution over the majority of the game, but in total play execution resulting in points, they were right on the heels of the Saints. 

To your post I learned yesterday on one of the sports shows that if you look at Lucks TD passes a very large number of them are after they are behind and the point the guy was trying to make was they are "trash" touchdowns as he called them meaning the opposing defense was not at 100% because the game was out of reach. Looking at Luck he may have appoint but I would not call them trash TD's because the game is not over until the whistle blows. Bottom line  to me is the Colts seldom take the lead and that was unusual when they took the lead against NE. The Colts suffer way too many there and outs in the first quarters of their games.

Can we strip 7 points from NO for getting that spectacular interception called back on an iffy defensive holding call on our LB? Can we strip more points away after that fumble recovery was stolen away from us on a NO TD drive? 

Anywho.... it should be considered that the NO DB couldn't find his sea-legs because he was aboard the USS Hilton, a shifty and difficult breakout receiver to cover. 

The cold, hard fact is Ty 's two touchdowns came because the same defender fell down on both TD's so had he not fell down the final score could have been Colts:7. Keep in mind the announcers said all day the Saints coverage was way over Lucks head,

Well then strip 14 points crom the saints cor the interceptions.

We'd all be experts if we could make decisions after the fact.

You can't do that. Points are points no matter how u get them. Ask the Pats.

or TY is just so fast that the defender tripped over his own 2 feet trying to cover him.

The final score is the final score.  Period.  You could argue that if the Colts didn't hold every good play they would have more points too.  But they can't so....

Bottom line is the Colts didn't get it done.  Even during the comeback they STILL got the ball back trailing by the final score and didn't do anything with it and punted.  Then they couldn't stop NO on that throw or they may have gotten it back again.  They failed twice at the end to do anything about it, both offense and defense.

Can we strip 7 points from NO for getting that spectacular interception called back on an iffy defensive holding call on our LB? Can we strip more points away after that fumble recovery was stolen away from us on a NO TD drive? 

Anywho.... it should be considered that the NO DB couldn't find his sea-legs because he was aboard the USS Hilton, a shifty and difficult breakout receiver to cover. 

haha Did you just make that up, or have I missed it somewhere else?

The final score is the final score.  Period.  You could argue that if the Colts didn't hold every good play they would have more points too.  But they can't so....

Bottom line is the Colts didn't get it done.  Even during the comeback they STILL got the ball back trailing by the final score and didn't do anything with it and punted.  Then they couldn't stop NO on that throw or they may have gotten it back again.  They failed twice at the end to do anything about it, both offense and defense.

They punted on three straight possessions before the last TD, running a total of ten plays and gaining a total of 21 yards. During the same stretch, the defense forced four punts, giving up only one first down. 

There were plenty of chances to get back in the game. They just failed miserably.