Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One of the unpopular things I would do is trade TY Hilton in the offseason

Cribbsfaircatch

My guess is he can get us a proven starting interior lineman and a draft pick as well.

I was not fooled by this gm. Breaux lockes him up and then started falling down all of a sudden.

We just dont use the TEs enough. I blame Pep. He has no clue on coaching This level of talent. But TY can be neutralized way too much. Especially vs physical corners that can run.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is he can get us a proven starting interior lineman and a draft pick as well.

I was not fooled by this gm. Breaux lockes him up and then started falling down all of a sudden.

We just dont use the TEs enough. I blame Pep. He has no clue on coaching This level of talent. But TY can be neutralized way too much. Especially vs physical corners that can run.

Don't agree with some of your posts, but you are right on the money here. He's our only proven receiver at a luxury position and we could get a solid lineman like Botonio for him from the browns. I also wouldn't mind Zack martin or La'el Collins from the Cowboys since they have a treasure trove of Lineman and could afford to trade one.

Don't agree with some of your posts, but you are right on the money here. He's our only proven receiver at a luxury position and we could get a solid lineman like Botonio for him from the browns. I also wouldn't mind Zack martin or La'el Collins from the Cowboys since they have a treasure trove of Lineman and could afford to trade one.

No! No, he is not "right on the money here"

Only proven receiver and luxury position doesn't belong in the same sentence

Yup, let's trade away one of the few play makers we have on this team

Moncreif, Fleener, Allen, Gore, Dorsett, and even Brazill when he was here proved they can all make plays.

I remember the ne gm, TY ran out of bounce w/ 2yrds left for a 1st down. Edelman spinned inside to get a crucial 1st down. TY is finesse. And I dont trust him vs physical defenses.

Moncreif, Fleener, Allen, Gore, Dorsett, and even Brazill when he was here proved they can all make plays.

I remember the ne gm, TY ran out of bounce w/ 2yrds left for a 1st down. Edelman spinned inside to get a crucial 1st down. TY is finesse. And I dont trust him vs physical defenses.

because everyone, with the exception of Moncrief, has been a world beater (I'd add Gore, but he doesn't get utilized enough)

How many years will go by until the Colts look at the running game? How long do they hang on to Luck if he shows he is a three year wonder and now cannot read a defense like he proved yesterday. "Lost" is the word that described the entire Colts organization. The Texans are dumping Arian Foster so why just shake the Colts, "Rattle" then instead.

He is not a  physical player. Marvin Harrison was not either. I guess you didn't even see what Hilton did yesterday. It must be tough watching football when your blind.

The question isn't if they can make plays but how OFTEN they can make the play.  TY has made plays more then anyone else on the roster besides Luck.  

You can't compare Brazil.  That man got plenty of playing time and made basically one play a year, maybe 2.  No one else has had any desire to pick him up.  

The whole team is faltering on several levels.  Let's not pin this all on TY and trade him away at an enormous loss of cap.  

He is not a physical player. Marvin Harrison was not either. I guess you didn't even see what Hilton did yesterday. It must be tough watching football when your blind.

I saw a db fall twice. What I saw were random occurances. Marvin Harrison is one of the best route runners ever. And he actually caught a lot of slants in tge middle of the field. And he had more dependable hands. TY Hilton is not Marvin Harrison. More like Desean Jackson.

Nahhhh.. If Dorsett had a decent year then maybe but u get rid of TY and that leaves you with Moncreif, Dorsett, Whalen, Duron because I dont see andre coming back next year.  So our very deep WR core then turns into a soft 1 and we cant use our TE's because they are being left in to help block.

The question isn't if they can make plays but how OFTEN they can make the play. TY has made plays more then anyone else on the roster besides Luck.

You can't compare Brazil. That man got plenty of playing time and made basically one play a year, maybe 2. No one else has had any desire to pick him up.

The whole team is faltering on several levels. Let's not pin this all on TY and trade him away at an enormous loss of cap.

This teams problem is partly its fan base. Teams like NE and Sea would not pay a diminutive wr that kind of money. They would build the line. TY is too feast or famine. If u stop the deep ball, u stop him. Id rather get a dependable possession wr. Moncreif and Dorsett are deep threats, TY has become expendable. Especially if getting rid of him can fix our line. I guarantee we can get a pro bowl caliber center. And a 4th rnd pick to go w/ him. Thats real value coming back in return. Its definitely something that a good gm would consider. Especially after using a 1 on Dorsett.

Not saying your idea is crazy...but can someone explain to me how our WR position is a luxury position?

We have

TY: who, just like his Ghost nickname, doesn't seem to always show up all the time but when he does, he's great

Moncrief: a good number 2 and a second yards pro who barring injury is gonna be good

Andre....Mr I have no idea how to get separation from a defender or catch a dang ball.

Dorsett..who now is out 4 to 6 weeks and really, never saw the speed or hands he was said to have....

Whalen: slow, brick hands who can't hold onto the ball...

So we have 2 decent WRs.....and you want to trade 1?

This teams problem is partly its fan base. Teams like NE and Sea would not pay a diminutive wr that kind of money. They would build the line. TY is too feast or famine. If u stop the deep ball, u stop him. Id rather get a dependable possession wr. Moncreif and Dorsett are deep threats, TY has become expendable. Especially if getting rid of him can fix our line. I guarantee we can get a pro bowl caliber center. And a 4th rnd pick to go w/ him. Thats real value coming back in return. Its definitely something that a good gm would consider. Especially after using a 1 on Dorsett.

What does the fan base have to do with what the front office pays players?

Not saying your idea is crazy...but can someone explain to me how our WR position is a luxury position?

We have

TY: who, just like his Ghost nickname, doesn't seem to always show up all the time but when he does, he's great

Moncrief: a good number 2 and a second yards pro who barring injury is gonna be good

Andre....Mr I have no idea how to get separation from a defender or catch a dang ball.

Dorsett..who now is out 4 to 6 weeks and really, never saw the speed or hands he was said to have....

Whalen: slow, brick hands who can't hold onto the ball...

So we have 2 decent WRs.....and you want to trade 1?

We have 2 pro bowl caliber TEs that we need to utilize more. We do a horrible job of attacking the middle of the field. Luck has shown the ability to elevate players around him.

Not to mention, I believe trading Hilton would give us a run gm. Which would make our wrs look a lot better.

U take away TY Hilton and our WRs are still better than the last 2 SB winners.

What does the fan base have to do with what the front office pays players?

The fan base seems to either not understand how winning teams are built or don't care. Its all sentimentality. An organization picks up on that and reflects the fanbase.

Need more forward thinking from the org, like when they decided to move from Peyton.

The fan base seems to either not understand how winning teams are built or don't care. Its all sentimentality. An organization picks up on that and reflects the fanbase.

Need more forward thinking from the org, like when they decided to move from Peyton.

No, that's not how it works at all. If that were the case the eagles, browns, raiders and jets would be juggernauts.

Think before you type

That makes zero sense. U should take your own advice.

The fan bases in those cities are always complaining and moaning about what personnel moves the teams should make. Teams don't listen to the fan base when making those decisions. At least not successful ones.

The fan bases in those cities are always complaining and moaning about what personnel moves the teams should make. Teams don't listen to the fan base when making those decisions. At least not successful ones.

I guess. I really dont know what I was trying to say. But I'll say people who don't like this idea, aren't paying attention to the rest of the league

We have 2 pro bowl caliber TEs that we need to utilize more. We do a horrible job of attacking the middle of the field. Luck has shown the ability to elevate players around him.

Not to mention, I believe trading Hilton would give us a run gm. Which would make our wrs look a lot better.

U take away TY Hilton and our WRs are still better than the last 2 SB winners.

You mean Allen......who is injured every other game, and Coby Fleener, who has a tendancy to catch a hard to catch throw, and then drop easy ones?  And Pro-Bowl Caliber.....that's stretching it, at least for both, Fleener I can see, Allen hasnt made a difference much at all.

TY is definitely inconsistent, which is probably his biggest weakness at this point in his career. He will go from 150 receiving yards and 2 TDs one week to 1 reception for 7 yards the next. But this move has a greater chance of hurting our team than it does helping IMO. I would be against it at this point but an interesting idea nonetheless.

i really think most fans would be shocked to learn how little the team they are a fan of cares about them and they would care even less about their opinion.

First . . . Antonio Brown is small. . . TY's size has nothing to do with this.

Second. . . Last year TY was pretty consistently productive.  Really he still has been.  He's more then just a deep threat

Third. . . Moncrief has size to go with speed.  

Fourth . . . Fix our line through the draft.  Let's not get too busy playing Madden here.

I saw a db fall twice. What I saw were random occurances. Marvin Harrison is one of the best route runners ever. And he actually caught a lot of slants in tge middle of the field. And he had more dependable hands. TY Hilton is not Marvin Harrison. More like Desean Jackson.

Hilton=Jackson? Like I said it must be tough watching football when you are blind.