Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets Backup Qb Mcelroy Talks About Team’S ‘Corrupt Mindset’

bap1331

"It's definitely not a fun place to be, I can assure you,"McElroy said. "It's the first time I've ever been around extremely selfish individuals, and I think that's maybe the nature of the NFL. But there were people within our locker room that didn't care whether we won or lost, as long as they got their ... they really had good games individually. That's the disappointing thing, and it's going to take a lot to kind of come together.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jets-backup-QB-McElroy-talks-about-team-8217-s-?urn=nfl-wp15266&active_dimension=carousel_coke_today&ysp_frm_woah=1

I think that after the part he said, "as long as they got their...", he meant paychecks...

i doubt he will be with the Jets next season...

quickest way for a backup QB to become an ex QB is talk. he's right, but that gets you cut

This is true, but it is sad when your back up QB is probably being the most mature and showing leadership then your entire team.

The fact that they took a chance on freaking Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Buress should tell you everything about that team.

quickest way for a backup QB to become an ex QB is talk. he's right, but that gets you cut

They played the audio from this interview on WFAN out of New York yesterday morning. He did this interview with a radio station in Alabama. I don't know why Alabama. Maybe he is from Alabama or went to college there. Back in the day, you could do an interview with a local radio station and nobody would hear about it outside of the broadcast area. With most radio stations streaming over the Internet nowadays and posting podcasts of interviews on their websites, players nowadays have to realize that media markets are no longer bound by geographical areas. If you say something controversial during the sports hour on Podunk 1010 AM, somebody in the national media is going to pick up on it and it will get around. It's just a fact of modern media.

It's kind of like when Carson Palmer made the comments about how much he hates Ohio State. He went to college at USC I think and was doing an interview for a radio station in southern California. What he said had a big part to do with the intended audience, but it didn't sit well with Bengals fans....most of whom are also Ohio State fans. He wouldn't have made those comments when doing an interview on one of the local Bengals stations, but he needs to realize that what he says in southern Cal is going to get back to his home market. It's just the way it is these days.