Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck is simply not that great,

James

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wake up folks ANDREW LUCK never won anything at STANFORD and he wont win here either-----good qbs don't throw 21 incomplete passes

You might wanna go look at the stats on Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Johnny U, Marino, Big Ben, Elway....guarantee you theyve all done that.......you obviously know little to nothing about football

It's been a season long slump. He has done nothing this year to be able claim top 5

I'm not arguing that point as I agree.  However, I am arguing against those who say great QBs dont have slumps.  See my post, 159.  Every single QB will have that slump.  Every single freaking one.

It's been a season long slump. He has done nothing this year to be able claim top 5

It has been a bad start to the year all the way around does he need to play better ya but its not all him the team around him is awful right now we clearly did nothing this past offseason to fix it. Also this last loss is equally on the coaches as the it is players. when you don't show up in the first half and look not ready to play that is on the coaching.

I've been through a lot here. People actually mocking me for saying Luck is good but he's not a top 5 qb. How crazy does that look now?

Luck is good, but the division and actual luck in the postseason last yr(getting Noodle Arm Peyton) in cold weather and avoiding Pittsburgh gave an unfair perception of Luck and the team as a whole. This was never a legitimate AFCCG team. The final score in the CG shouldve been proof of that.

Luck has always had overrated mechanics. He was never the perfect qb. He always needed work. The problem is the organization seems to treat him like a HOFer instead of the 4yr player he is. He needs better coaching.

I never thought Luck was a better prospect than Carson Palmer. Palmer has beautiful mechanics, Luck does not.

But yet he wins 11 games in first 3 years and goes to a Final 4 with suspect Coaching, mediocre O.Line, and suspect D. Carson Palmer has been in the league for over a decade, has he ever played in a Final 4? That's what I thought.

But yet he wins 11 games in first 3 years and goes to a Final 4 with suspect Coaching, mediocre O.Line, and suspect D. Carson Palmer has been in the league for over a decade, has he ever played in a Final 4? That's what I thought.

Carson Palmer played in a tougher division and hurt his knee. My point was as a collegiate prospect, Palmer was always motr impressive than Andrew. Andrew has always been overrated for the most part. He's good, but he's not the Elway caliber prospect people claimed.

Carson Palmer played in a tougher division and hurt his knee. My point was as a collegiate prospect, Palmer was always motr impressive than Andrew. Andrew has always been overrated for the most part. He's good, but he's not the Elway caliber prospect people claimed.

Palmer was awesome in college at USC and has been a decent Pro but Luck is better. Luck is a lot more mobile and throws on the run a lot better + he's more clutch.

Yep and just to prove this point, let us compare the numbers again...

Palmer(Yrs 1 to 4)...................................Luck(yrs 1 to 4)

TDs: 104................................................97(Thru 5 games)

INTs: 63.................................................52 (Thru 5 Games)

Palmer Yr 4 TD/INT ratio: 26 TDs /20 ints 

Palmer Playoff wins: 0,

Playoff games: 1

Luck Playoff Wins: 3

Luck Playoff Games: 6

Still think Palmer is better, then you truly dont know football......

Palmer was always motr impressive than Andrew.

Really? Stats say otherwise.......

Carson Palmer has played in the AFCN, AFCW and NFCW - all superior divisions to the putrid AFCS. It's laughable that people think think it's impressive to go to the playoffs, when you're playing in the AFCS. Final 4? Played a Bengals team with a ton of injuries. Kansas City lost all their best players when we made that come back (Luck was one of the main culprits for why it was even necessary to come back). Context.

I'm sorry you didn't see the first three years of Luck's career.

It's either that or you simply don't know anything about football. It's one or the other and I'll let you have your choice........

Otherwise, I simply don't know what to tell you that your view is Luck really isn't that good.........

I did see the first three years. Read my posts ITT before you comment. You post reeks of having only read the title.

Carson Palmer has played in the AFCN, AFCW and NFCW - all superior divisions to the putrid AFCS. It's laughable that people think think it's impressive to go to the playoffs, when you're playing in the AFCS. Final 4? Played a Bengals team with a ton of injuries. Kansas City lost all their best players when we made that come back (Luck was one of the main culprits for why it was even necessary to come back). Context.

How about Luck winning in MileHigh over Peyton and that Denver D?

Luck is in a slump but in the grand scheme of things he will be fine.  It may not happen overnight, but it will be soon!  He has shown his abilities, and it will eventually come together!  You must look at the big picture and career to date.  Manning has been having an uncharacteristic year, but I bet nobody judges the last several games to define his career!

THIS THREAD IS NONSENSE...

Palmer was awesome in college at USC and has been a decent Pro but Luck is better. Luck is a lot more mobile and throws on the run a lot better + he's more clutch.

You're saying that now. Had Carson not had to have a dead person's ligament inserted into him, his career might look different. But as a prospect, Carson Palmer was one of the best qbs I've seem coming out of college. His throwing motion amd mechanics were flawless. And he had a better arm than Andrew.

In game day thread I told Luck was holding the football for 5 seconds, forcing OL to hold the defenders. Well, it wasn't far off...

– What is going on with Andrew Luck (-2.5)? It’s now the fifth game this season that Luck has earned a negative passing grade. Much of the 19 pressured dropbacks Luck saw came from him holding the ball too long. His 2.92 second AVERAGE TIME to attempt was the highest in the NFL yesterday. Luck made bad decisions downfield, tried to force the ball into tight windows and plain missed throws. He’d always been able to offset mistakes with beautiful throws in the past, but those seem to be getting fewer and far between.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/26/no-ind-grades-saints-run-wild-against-colts/

It's Grigson's fault? What OL can pass block for 3 seconds for every dropback without single holding penalty?

How about Luck winning in MileHigh over Peyton and that Denver D?

Yeah, not impressed as that was a decimated Broncos team. Talk to me if they beat this Broncos team (i.e. defense). Carson Palmer, who you brought up, has impressive wins both in his division and outside. Something Luck fails to do on a regular basis. Nobody should care about beating the AFC. It's not freaking impressive as it's a division of bottom feeders. No wonder people laugh at the Colts and their fans when we bring up all our division titles etc.

I've been through a lot here. People actually mocking me for saying Luck is good but he's not a top 5 qb. How crazy does that look now?

Luck is good, but the division and actual luck in the postseason last yr(getting Noodle Arm Peyton) in cold weather and avoiding Pittsburgh gave an unfair perception of Luck and the team as a whole. This was never a legitimate AFCCG team. The final score in the CG shouldve been proof of that.

Luck has always had overrated mechanics. He was never the perfect qb. He always needed work. The problem is the organization seems to treat him like a HOFer instead of the 4yr player he is. He needs better coaching.

I never thought Luck was a better prospect than Carson Palmer. Palmer has beautiful mechanics, Luck does not.

We beat a better Broncos team than the one in the playoffs last year with Luck at QB.

Edit: it double posted for some reason so I'll add something else here.

Carson Palmer is playing better than Luck right now. But he was not the better prospect. Even if he was we get nothing out of it because we never had a shot at having him at QB. So why the whining about it? Who cares if he is better. This all a fruitless effort by Luck complainers who assume that they are the only ones that saw that Luck was having issues.

The media tried to make him the golden boy coming into the league and that's not his fault.

You're saying that now. Had Carson not had to have a dead person's ligament inserted into him, his career might look different. But as a prospect, Carson Palmer was one of the best qbs I've seem coming out of college. His throwing motion amd mechanics were flawless. And he had a better arm than Andrew.

You have a point there because Palmer had great mechanics. Being mobile though makes a QB more dangerous like Andrew is. I cant really debate you on Palmer's throwing motion because it was a lot like Troy Aikman's actually.

Yeah, not impressed as that was a decimated Broncos team. Talk to me if they beat this Broncos team (i.e. defense). Carson Palmer, who you brought up, has impressive wins both in his division and outside. Something Luck fails to do on a regular basis. Nobody should care about beating the AFC. It's not freaking impressive as it's a division of bottom feeders. No wonder people laugh at the Colts and their fans when we bring up all our division titles etc.

How can you not give credit for Indy winning in MileHigh against Peyton and that D. We were nearly 10 point underdogs. Come on now.

How can you not give credit for Indy winning in MileHigh against Peyton and that D. We were nearly 10 point underdogs. Come on now.

Because the Denver D wasn't anything close to this year and Manning was nowhere near himself. Also 1, 2 or 3 games are not nearly enough. Consistency outside the division. Talk to me if they beat this Broncos team (i.e. defense) and go on to beat other NON AFCS opponents. Carson Palmer, who you brought up, has impressive wins both in his division and outside. Something Luck fails to do on a regular basis. Nobody should care about beating the AFC. It's not freaking impressive as it's a division of bottom feeders. No wonder people laugh at the Colts and their fans when we bring up all our division titles etc.

Because the Denver D wasn't anything close to this year and Manning was nowhere near himself. Also 1, 2 or 3 games are not nearly enough. Consistency outside the division. Talk to me if they beat this Broncos team (i.e. defense) and go on to beat other NON AFCS opponents. Carson Palmer, who you brought up, has impressive wins both in his division and outside. Something Luck fails to do on a regular basis. Nobody should care about beating the AFC. It's not freaking impressive as it's a division of bottom feeders. No wonder people laugh at the Colts and their fans when we bring up all our division titles etc.

Well I picked the Broncos to win the SB actually before the season started as many in here know. Reason why I did is I felt like this would be Peyton's last season and really between the Colts and Broncos it's a toss up when Indy is on their game. I didn't think the Pats would be this great again though so Denver needs HFA and I hope they get it because nobody wins in freakin Foxboro

Edit: it double posted for some reason so I'll add something else here.

Carson Palmer is playing better than Luck right now. But he was not the better prospect. Even if he was we get nothing out of it because we never had a shot at having him at QB. So why the whining about it? Who cares if he is better. This all a fruitless effort by Luck complainers who assume that they are the only ones that saw that Luck was having issues.

The media tried to make him the golden boy coming into the league and that's not his fault.

I was merely pointing out that Luck has always been slightly overrated by analysts. Hes was not the best prospect since Elway. Maybe 3rd best behind Peyton and Carson.

At the beginning of our games. It's Anthony that's killing long runs from Gore and other good plays with holding calls. So, the hole people are talking about isn't coming from Luck ints. Luck ints are coming from pressing and trying to dig out early holes from holding penalties. 1st and long, 2nd and long...like, the hole is already there b4 the 1st int. The games always start with us driving down the field all easy until, Holding #74 of the offense, 5 yard penalty. Repeat down. Then, what do u know? Int. Then the man will have the nerve to do it on the very next drive. Holding, #74 of the offense. Really dude? Every single game over and over again? Come on. I'm not saying he's the only blame, but people are saying Luck is the reason for the early holes we put ourselves in and that's incorrect. Holding penalties on nice runs before he even drops back for a pass most of the time.

Also, the undisciplined calls back to back to back is a direct reflection of poor coaching. Anybody knows that. How don't u have them ready to play every single game? It's like the staff did absolutely nothing in the offseason except relax. NE looks like they didn't even celebrate their Bowl. It looks like they stayed right in the office and analyzed every team extensively on their schedule in offseason. Man, I wanna staff like that.

Manning has a losing record overall in the post season.

i'm aware of that.  peyton has led his team to several super bowls and some of the best regular seasons ever as well.

newsome is a second year player that had good looking sack numbers but he hasnt led anyone to anything yet.

i'm not writing him off completely either, but he is a back up caliber player at this point

I love the kid and will stand by him and cheer for him as long he's a colt.

His strugles this year are nothing new, only magnified.. What the reason is, i don't know.. But looks like he's not a mesiah we all thought he was, who can single handedly carry this team..

He needs a good coaching staff (and front office) that can help him out, in a single game, from play to play, and in his long term development.. Unfortunately, our current staff is not getting it done.

Think about how many times Andrew Luck has dug us in a hole by throwing INTs. He keeps doing it,  And don't give me that injury crap. It's been this way since year 1. Most evident during the blowouts against the Pats over the last years. Well, there's no escaping the truth now. And the truth: Luck is simply not that great, because great QBs don't keep throwing away games from the start.

It is obvious James.

Yes, they better get him a better coaching staff, and that means the O-Line coach too. Because this Dog don`t know how to hunt.

You might wanna go look at the stats on Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Johnny U, Marino, Big Ben, Elway....guarantee you theyve all done that.......you obviously know little to nothing about football

Really ------better check his history----he was 23/44 with about 10 3 yard dumps----stinks

It's funny, because he was a 70% + completion QB the last 2 years of college. I think getting hit so much in the NFL threw off his internal clock or something. A good QB coach could really help him.

Having a high completion percentage does not automatically mean great accuracy.  Luck completed over 90% of his passes on play action his senior year.  With his overall completion percentage at 70%, that means his non-play action completion percentage was near terrible.  In other words, without a strong rushing attack that allows him to utilize play action, he was below average.  Luck completed a lot of passes because Stanford was rushing for close to, if not over, 200 yards per game, so he was able to run play action and just lob the ball up in the air allowing someone wide open to run underneath it.  His passes on almost anything short and intermediate were either high or behind the receiver more often than not.

Same could be said for RG3.  People glowed all over him for his completion percentage, ignoring the fact that he threw mostly go routes and screens.  I'll give him this, he was incredibly accurate on the go routes, but again, on anything that wasn't that or a screen, he was not very accurate.