Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What I'd Like to See vs. the Saints....

NewColtsFan

Running, running and more running.

I'd like to see at least 30 runs.     I think I've read the Saints have roughly the 31st ranked defense against the run.

I think our running game has been rounding into form.     I'd like it to go the next level Sunday.

Gore:   20 touches.    16-18 carries...   2-4 receptions.

Bradshaw:   10 touches.       7-8 carries...   2-3 receptions.

Luck:            5-6 runs/scrambles.

And I'm fine if we run more than that.    

We've got very, very tough games coming up with Carolina and Denver and Atlanta.     We need to show them that they can't take our run for granted.    We don't want to be one dimensional.     We've got to establish the run vs. New Orleans.      We need to make a commitment to that.

Our running game has gotten better starting back with the Tennessee game.    Now we have to take it to the next level.    

I hope we're celebrating a big win tomorrow night......

NCF

I'd like to see at least 30 runs. I think I've read the Saints have roughly the 31st ranked defense against the run.

I think our running game has been rounding into form. I'd like it to go the next level Sunday.

Gore: 20 touches. 16-18 carries... 2-4 receptions.

Bradshaw: 10 touches. 7-8 carries... 2-3 receptions.

Luck: 5-6 runs/scrambles.

We've got very, very tough games coming up with Carolina and Denver and Atlanta. We need to show them that they can't take our run for granted. We don't want to be one dimensional. We've got to establish the run vs. New Orleans. We need to make a commitment to that.

Our running game has gotten better starting back with the Tennessee game. Now we have to take it to the next level.

NCF

I would be more than fine with that, but will the coaching staff??? haha

lol know what I don't get when we played the jags gore couldn't get any yards and pep kept forcing the run. Now vs the pats gore is running like 6-7 yards a carry and then you don't force the run then? I really think we need a new Oc before the end of the season not to install his own style of offense but to utilize this crappy playbook that pep has

lol know what I don't get when we played the jags gore couldn't get any yards and pep kept forcing the run. Now vs the pats gore is running like 6-7 yards a carry and then you don't force the run then? I really think we need a new Oc before the end of the season not to install his own style of offense but to utilize this crappy playbook that pep has

Also helps that Luck wasn't playing. Jags don't respect Hasselbeck much so they played up. And the Pats defense stinks this year. We really should've won that game smh

I don't think Pep knows that running in the second half is legal.

Maybe it's Luck who doesn't know this.  Pep seemed to have the run and short passing game going just fine for 60 minutes with Matt Hasselbeck @ QB.  Maybe Luck is the one who wants to continually keep chucking passes down field anytime this team starts falls behind by a touchdown. 

I'd like to see at least 30 runs.     I think I've read the Saints have roughly the 31st ranked defense against the run.

I think our running game has been rounding into form.     I'd like it to go the next level Sunday.

Gore:   20 touches.    16-18 carries...   2-4 receptions.

Bradshaw:   10 touches.       7-8 carries...   2-3 receptions.

Luck:            5-6 runs/scrambles.

We've got very, very tough games coming up with Carolina and Denver and Atlanta.     We need to show them that they can't take our run for granted.    We don't want to be one dimensional.     We've got to establish the run vs. New Orleans.      We need to make a commitment to that.

Our running game has gotten better starting back with the Tennessee game.    Now we have to take it to the next level.    

NCF

I'd like to see a lot of running, but more importantly I'd like to see some play action passes off those runs that result in chunk plays. Want to see us be patient and establish some start to finish drives that result in touch downs or at least field goals on most of our drives.  Want to see us get rid of this panic mentality that has appeared all of a sudden when we've gotten behind a little bit.  Stick with the process and see the drive through.  Short rythmic chain moving passes, running game, play action passes that lead to chunk plays should be our formula for success just about every single week unless a specific game causes us to make some deviations for the better.

While New Orleans is stinky on the D numbers wise I still think we will have to put up our fair share of points dealing with Drew Brees. Very important to finish drives today!

Also helps that Luck wasn't playing. Jags don't respect Hasselbeck much so they played up. And the Pats defense stinks this year. We really should've won that game smh

see what you said there is exactly what I mean he would force it into a stacked line and achieve nothing till OT rather than force it through a line we've been gashing. I honestly think we could've won that game with luck throwing 1 td pass and simply forcing gore the ball. Pitch counts aren't necessary for backs like gore especially if he's out working the kids in practice and on the field

I think a pitch count is necessary on Gore, but you have to know when to adjust the pitch count in certain games against strong teams. We should have run gore about 20 to 22 times against the Patriots.  It's a good thing though now that we have Bradshaw who will give us some good production pretty soon.  Hopefully today!

I think a pitch count is necessary on Gore, but you have to know when to adjust the pitch count in certain games against strong teams. We should have run gore about 20 to 22 times against the Patriots. It's a good thing though now that we have Bradshaw who will give us some good production pretty soon. Hopefully today!

for one gore isn't injure prone he's been healthy for years and he obviously wants to carry more so let him. Sometimes you just have to trust the player so what that he's older he's showing he has more in the tank than the young guns let him fight for the ring he should have instead of just watch

I'd like to see a lot of running, but more importantly I'd like to see some play action passes off those runs that result in chunk plays. Want to see us be patient and establish some start to finish drives that result in touch downs or at least field goals on most of our drives.  Want to see us get rid of this panic mentality that has appeared all of a sudden when we've gotten behind a little bit.  Stick with the process and see the drive through.  Short rythmic chain moving passes, running game, play action passes that lead to chunk plays should be our formula for success just about every single week unless a specific game causes us to make some deviations for the better.

While New Orleans is stinky on the D numbers wise I still think we will have to put up our fair share of points dealing with Drew Brees. Very important to finish drives today!

Well the defense has actually been doing well other than The Philadelphia game. They can't close games however. And the offense wasn't helping the defense out early on either. However, the rookie class is starting to show through(thanks to Ireland's scouting).