• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

at center?

Yeah

Actually, I'm not. Im just trying to show you that your logic of 1 bad play being the ultimatum for Whalens career is silly. You had a kneejerk reaction. You blew it, mate.

Right.  Well, if you had actually read what I wrote, you'd realize I was talking about more than one play.  But hey, at least you tried.

So they benched Holmes?! Who wasn't the problem......

This is gonna be fun! I can't wait to see lesser players try and get us out of the hole! Too quote a very funny movie:

"It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them!"

Lolololololol

whalen was cut last year for poor play and replace by cribbs who get a lot of grief around here. Whalen has also been cut quite a few times and no other team has picked him up. If he is so great why has he spent so much time on the practice squad? He is here because he is familiar not because he is awesome.

I never said he was awesome. He's solid, and that's it. Hence why he's always signed back to us. Of course you want to replace solid with spectacular, but so far we haven't been able to find a guy that works back there for us (aside from Whalen). Almost makes me wonder if our coverage/blocking unit for returns sucks that badly.

This is ridiculous! I get that you want to take the check down but you have to go past the yard marker on third down!! Makes no sense that none of our weapons are getting open.

I think the idea there was to have 3 guys go deep beyond the first down marker, than have your last guy (Andre) not run too deep and kind of act like a safety valve in case all the deep routes are covered, which they were

I never said he was awesome. He's solid, and that's it. Hence why he's always signed back to us. Of course you want to replace solid with spectacular, but so far we haven't been able to find a guy that works back there for us (aside from Whalen). Almost makes me wonder if our coverage/blocking unit for returns sucks that badly.

What about when TY used to handle the returns?

I wouldn't mind seeing that. Pep calls a completely different game plan for MH than he does for Luck. Granted I expect some differences, but how about more of the short routes and rollouts that were used when MH was at Qb.

That's because Pep is a horrible OC. The short stuff works regardless who is behind center...see Tom Brady. You counter a pass rush by getting rid of the ball fast like we did with MH. Pep is horrible. Should have never even been hired

Did you watch Manning in 2001? He was an interception machine as well. manning also had a dominant running game and great offensive line early in his career. Luck has had 1 100 yard rusher in his entire NFL career so far.....1!!!!! He's also been one of the most hit QBs in the league trough 4 years.

He has his flaws and he is an average QB at the moment for sure but they've basically expected him to carry this offense for 4 years and it looks like it's taken its toll on him.

We need a GM and staff that can build a real team where he doesn't have to feel like he has to carry it.

Also, Peyton made his line look better than they were by getting rid of the ball quickly. Edge was the only really good back he had .

Luck haters are hilarious. He struggles for the first time in his career and people want to trade him and bash him. Maybe we should've drafted RG3 (sarcasm), Peyton stunk in year 4 by the way. Stuff happens. Just calm down people. Yeah he is playing badly but our O.Line isn't helping matters either or is our Coaching. Luck to this point has still had a Good, actually Very Good career to this point. He is just in a slump and people aren't used to it. Please quit ripping the guy, he is human. I think Coaching is the main problem just like it was in Peyton's 4th season before we got Dungy.

This is ridiculous! I get that you want to take the check down but you have to go past the yard marker on third down!! Makes no sense that none of our weapons are getting open.

Receivers haven't gotten separation all year. and yes you got to be over the 1st down marker on 3rd down before you pass it.

Boy the Luck haters are out in force. Luck still is better in my mind than a qB that we draft. Luck get hit to much because the line can't protect him . Peyton had all sorts of protection when he was here. He hardly got hit. If we could protect Luck better things would be different. I still believe in Luck but i  have lost faith in Chuck and Pep

All sorts of protection!? Really? Charlie Johnson - Kyle DeVan - Saturday - Mike Pollak - Ryan "False statrt university" Diem? Short memory at best.