• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People need to wake up.

Here is what I heard so far this year:

a) When Luck plays its "pep is terrible, terrible game plan"

b) When Hassleback played it was "pep had a great game plan today".

Guess what guys...the difference was not Pep, and the different was not the game plan. The difference was the QB smarts and the QB ability to read the D and call the right plays and right audibles and make adjustments at the line.

Wake up.

The difference was we played the jags and Texans.

To the credit of the defense, they kept us in this game. The offense can't do anything right, get first downs, interceptions deep on our own end or take points of the board.

Pretty amazing that the 32nd ranked defense is doing this to us.

They have? Last week checked the saints have 300 yards of offense and 20 points in a half. The has put them in some bad spots but they are getting carved up.

Costanzo has been fine. His QB makes him look awful because he doesn't reset his feet so instead of giving his LT a potential pocket he leaves his LT in a 2 lane road. But that's another conversation.

Hilton has always been average. We paid him I knew it was a mistake because this is what happens. He owns the Texans... and that's about it.

I don't think any aspect of this team has been fine.  To each his/her own. 

Give chud a shot at calling the plays. Take Luck's audible powers away. Something has to change

I wouldn't mind seeing that.  Pep calls a completely different game plan for MH than he does for Luck.  Granted I expect some differences, but how about more of the short routes and rollouts that were used when MH was at Qb.

Doesn't that 26 yard return take the endzone into consideration? That is, if he starts from 8 yards deep in his end zone and returns if for 26 yards, he ends up at the 18.

You're trying to compare what Castonzo has done for the Colts to what Whalen has done for the Colts. Anyone who knows anything about Colts football knows that's completely foolish.

Actually, I'm not. Im just trying to show you that your logic of 1 bad play being the ultimatum for Whalens career is silly. You had a kneejerk reaction. You blew it, mate.

Did you watch Manning in 2001? He was an interception machine as well. manning also had a dominant running game and great offensive line early in his career. Luck has had 1 100 yard rusher in his entire NFL career so far.....1!!!!! He's also been one of the most hit QBs in the league trough 4 years.

He has his flaws and he is an average QB at the moment for sure but they've basically expected him to carry this offense for 4 years and it looks like it's taken its toll on him.

We need a GM and staff that can build a real team where he doesn't have to feel like he has to carry it.

Peyton has one of the better TD INT ratios ever, so his turnover machine days didn't last but a year or two. I'm not giving up on Luck, just saying for anyone to think he was going to equal Peyton, one of the best football players of all time, was fantasy. The only instance I can think of this happening is Favre to Rodgers.

I think it has become apparent to lots of us that maybe the Colts would be better off trading Luck.  He is definitely not worth this contract price, and I bet if he was traded no team in the league would pay him anything even halfway close to his current contract.

Luck has a great arm and all that but, he has nearly zero ability to make good play calls or adjustments at the line.  He just does not have that 'game smarts' like Peyton does.

Frankly I think a more average skills QB with maybe not as great an arm as Luck, BUT who plays a much smarter game would bring many more wins over all.

Ohh for the love of......luck is sucking this year but atleast he's shown flashes of greatness. You want an average QB like Alex Smith? Good luck with that.