LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it has become apparent to lots of us that maybe the Colts would be better off trading Luck.  He is definitely not worth this contract price, and I bet if he was traded no team in the league would pay him anything even halfway close to his current contract.

Luck has a great arm and all that but, he has nearly zero ability to make good play calls or adjustments at the line.  He just does not have that 'game smarts' like Peyton does.

Frankly I think a more average skills QB with maybe not as great an arm as Luck, BUT who plays a much smarter game would bring many more wins over all.

people need to realize andrrew luck is the problem the saints have only scored 7 points off of non turnovers he makes the defensee look worse he is horrible this year worst qb in tlhe nfl 31 passer rating more ints then tds and 55 completion percentage

It takes a team effort to be as bad as the Colts are this year.  The team in general is complete garbage all across the board, including but not limited to QB play, coaching, WRs, OL, lack of pass rush, defensive backfield, special teams minus Pat and much much more.  There is not one aspect of this team that is consistently good. 

whalen was cut last year for poor play and replace by cribbs who get a lot of grief around here. Whalen has also been cut quite a few times and no other team has picked him up. If he is so great why has he spent so much time on the practice squad? He is here because he is familiar not because he is awesome.

He was moved to practice squad because we had so many offensive wraps and couldn't field him. When he did play, he played well.

You mean the OLine that is leading the league in holding calls?

Thornton is +6.4 in two game span even with holding penalties. He better not to hold defenders who are trying to kill his QB who is holding the football for 5 seconds.

It is official! This coaching staff have reduce Luck into oblivion. We don't see an Andrew Luck that came out of Stanford with pin point accuracy and perfect release anymore. That tough Big Ben, Peyton Manning, comparison is gone. This coaching staff have destroyed the QB skill sets over the past 4 years.

The poor O-line play, all the hits, Pep's play calling, Richardson, the lack of a running game, the pathetic defenses, constantly playing from behind... Through three years, they have done everything they could to ruin him.

As it stands, it's just a bad start to a season and still salvageable, but you've got to get him some different coaching.

People wanted to impute Manning's "student of the game" and cerebral acumen to Luck when the truth is there is no evidence of Luck containing any of these attributes.  I remember last year many were clamoring for Luck to call his own plays similar to how Peyton did.  I don't think he studies nearly as much as Manning did.  He doesn't put in the extra time with his receivers during the offseason either. He should have done that especially this year with the key new additions to the offense.  It's starting to show up this year.  Luck has to get on his grind more.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Yep, yup, yes.

Luck is smart, as in architecture and outside of football smart.  But he never has struck me as being exceptionally smart at QB.

I'm sure his SAT scores would blow away Manning's, but that's not really that important given Luck's chosen profession at the moment.

The poor O-line play, all the hits, Pep's play calling, Richardson, the lack of a running game, the pathetic defenses, constantly playing from behind... Through three years, they have done everything they could to ruin him.

As it stands, it's just a bad start to a season and still salvageable, but you've got to get him some different coaching.

David Carr syndrome.

Thornton is +6.4 in two game span even with holding penalties. He better not to hold defenders who are trying to kill his QB who is holding the football for 5 seconds.

One Luck is not holding the ball for 5 seconds, two, and most importantly, I couldn't care less about nerdboy PFF stats.

Umm no. 26 yard average kick return. Making up 'facts' again. Until you can get one sentence straight, I'll be ignoring you.

Doesn't that 26 yard return take the endzone into consideration?  That is, if he starts from 8 yards deep in his end zone and returns if for 26 yards, he ends up at the 18.

I'm actually just reiterating your own dumb fallacy. BTW,this is now. His past good play doesn't hold water in our whydfml league. Heck, Whalen has done fine in his role in the past too... just because he doesn't score prs doesn't make him a bad return man.

You're trying to compare what Castonzo has done for the Colts to what Whalen has done for the Colts.  Anyone who knows anything about Colts football knows that's completely foolish.

Peyton did not regress , he got better. The odds of any QB being as good as Peyton long term are virtually zero.

Did you watch Manning in 2001? He was an interception machine as well. manning also had a dominant running game and great offensive line early in his career. Luck has had 1 100 yard rusher in his entire NFL career so far.....1!!!!! He's also been one of the most hit QBs in the league trough 4 years.

He has his flaws and he is an average QB at the moment for sure but they've basically expected him to carry this offense for 4 years and it looks like it's taken its toll on him.

We need a GM and staff that can build a real team where he doesn't have to feel like he has to carry it.

Boy the Luck haters are out in force. Luck still is better in my mind than a qB that we draft. Luck get hit to much because the line can't protect him . Peyton had all sorts of protection when he was here. He hardly got hit. If we could protect Luck better things would be different. I still believe in Luck but i  have lost faith in Chuck and Pep

Pep needs fired. The short passing game worked fine, today he hasn't even touched it. A terrible game plan. You know you're garbage if Rob Ryan is owning you.

People need to wake up.

Here is what I heard so far this year:

a) When Luck plays its "pep is terrible, terrible game plan"

b) When Hassleback played, every week it was "pep had a great game plan today".

Guess what guys...the difference was not Pep, and the  different was not the game plan.  The difference was the QB smarts and the QB ability to read the D and call the right plays and right audibles and make adjustments at the line.   

Wake up.

Something is very wrong and it has to be primarily on Andrew Luck's shoulders.

As much as we want to blame the coaching staff and the play calling, there is no way we can add more talent to the offensive weapons we already had when we had one of the best offenses last year, and look like this now.

I honestly think something is still wrong with Luck's shoulder. You don't just regress to that level this quickly.. could just be a slump but its ridiculous. This is one of the worst defenses in the league with 2 corners out and we can't score a point.

Luck also looks tentative every time he steps back to throw. It looks like he is so scared to make another mistake that he second guesses every throw he wants to make down the field.

We better not avoid the run game in this second half.

I think it has become apparent to lots of us that maybe the Colts would be better off trading Luck.  He is definitely not worth this contract price, and I bet if he was traded no team in the league would pay him anything even halfway close to his current contract.

Luck has a great arm and all that but, he has nearly zero ability to make good play calls or adjustments at the line.  He just does not have that 'game smarts' like Peyton does.

Frankly I think a more average skills QB with maybe not as great an arm as Luck, BUT who plays a much smarter game would bring many more wins over all.

That would be  a bad idea.  PM after 4 years was not the PM that we really know.

Boy the Luck haters are out in force. Luck still is better in my mind than a qB that we draft. Luck get hit to much because the line can't protect him . Peyton had all sorts of protection when he was here. He hardly got hit. If we could protect Luck better things would be different. I still believe in Luck but i have lost faith in Chuck and Pep

at one point manning had a great line then he started masking the line with his pre snap ability and quick release

He was moved to practice squad because we had so many offensive wraps and couldn't field him. When he did play, he played well.

Like that return right there.  He may get 22 or 24 yards on a kickoff return, but if it means the offense is starting at the 17 or 18 yard line, it doesn't really help