Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Saints Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

I love all the Luck haters, where have you been the last years? It's obvious that there is something wrong with this team and it is not because the QB is overrated. It's time to seriously question our GM, HC, OC and DC! 

No, its the same team as past years.

Absent Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

vs. Jaguars.

– Did the offensive line really improve overnight (-16.9 pass block grade over the first three games compared to +5.7 on Sunday) or was it scheme and style that helped them look better? Probably the latter, starting with QB Matt Hasselbeck and his playing style compared to that of Andrew Luck. Hasselbeck is a steadfast decision-maker who gets rid of the ball much quicker than Luck (2.37 seconds in pocket was ninth-fastest in the NFL this week) as 72 percent of his passes were delivered in 2.5 seconds or less. Compare that to 2.6 seconds in the pocket for Luck and only 55 percent of his passes coming out in 2.5 seconds or less, and there’s a good indicator as to why Hasselbeck was pressured on only 10 of his 54 drop-backs.

Top Performers:

OG Jack Mewhort (+3.2)

OG Hugh Thornton (+3.2)

DE Kendall Langford (+3.0)

OT Anthony Castonzo (+2.9)

DE Henry Anderson (+3.3)

https://www.profootb...atop-afc-south/

vs. Texans.

– The Colts have learned some lessons from the Peyton Manning era; one of those is the value of a quality backup quarterback, as Matt Hasselbeck (+4.2) turned in his best game since the Seahawks’ wildcard victory over the Saints after the 2010 season. Pressured only four times (thanks in no small part to an average release time of 2.12 seconds), Hasselbeck was on the money all over the field, not least on the Colts’ aggressive 43-yard completion down the left sideline to see out the win with less than two minutes to go.

– With the Colts running left so much to stay away from J.J. Watt, they needed a strong game from their offensive linemen to the left—in Jack Mewhort (+5.5) and Khaled Holmes (+1.1) they got two such displays. Mewhort has settled back in at left guard after experimenting at right tackle to start the season, and has earned a positive grade as a run blocker in each start back on the inside.

Top performers:

LG Jack Mewhort (+5.5)

QB Matt Hasselbeck (+4.2)

WR Andre Johnson (+2.2)

DE Billy Winn (+2.0)

DE Henry Anderson (+1.1)

https://www.profootb...ds-indy-to-3-2/

vs. Patriots.

– After a solid rookie season, left guard Jack Mewhort (+3.3) has turned into the greatest success of this young season for the Colts after they called time on the experiment to play him at right tackle. Since Mewhort was moved back to guard in Week 3, only three guards (Marshal Yanda, Joel Bitonio, and Evan Mathis) have bettered Mewhort’s +9.8 overall grade, and none have bettered his +8.6 run block grade that he added to with his fourth straight grade of +1.0 or better last night.

Top performers:

LG Jack Mewhort (+3.3)

RG Hugh Thornton (+3.2)

RT Joe Reitz (+1.6)

HB Frank Gore (+1.3)

WR Donte Moncrief (+1.2)

https://www.profootb...ats-to-victory/

Stop blame OL.

You mean the OLine that is leading the league in holding calls?

He's no Peyton Manning, that's for damn sure. 

People wanted to impute Manning's "student of the game" and cerebral acumen to Luck when the truth is there is no evidence of Luck containing any of these attributes.  I remember last year many were clamoring for Luck to call his own plays similar to how Peyton did.  I don't think he studies nearly as much as Manning did.  He doesn't put in the extra time with his receivers during the offseason either. He should have done that especially this year with the key new additions to the offense.  It's starting to show up this year.  Luck has to get on his grind more.

It is official! This coaching staff have reduce Luck into oblivion. We don't see an Andrew Luck that came out of Stanford with pin point accuracy and perfect release anymore. That tough Big Ben, Peyton Manning, comparison is gone. This coaching staff have destroyed the QB skill sets over the past 4 years.  

Blow it up... Coach, management, defense, O-line. This is a bad team that, for three years, won with smoke and mirrors. Start over, get Luck a new head coach and OC. Try to get him right again. The current regime has done everything they could to ruin him

Yeah, Hilton sucks this year. I'll say it again, him and AC after getting paid are doing their best Roy Hibbert impersonation.

Costanzo has been fine. His QB makes him look awful because he doesn't reset his feet so instead of giving his LT a potential pocket he leaves his LT in a 2 lane road. But that's another conversation.

Hilton has always been average. We paid him I knew it was a mistake because this is what happens. He owns the Texans... and that's about it.

It is official! This coaching staff have reduce Luck into oblivion. We don't see an Andrew Luck that came out of Stanford with pin point accuracy and perfect release anymore. That tough Big Ben, Peyton Manning, comparison is gone. This coaching staff have destroyed the QB skill sets over the past 4 years.

How could have they changed his release and accuracy?

Does he still get the highest paid contract

I hope not.

If Luck gets more than 20 mil/year, it is laughable. You dont pay that much to a turnover machine. At least he also threw a lot of TDs last year when he was also a turnover machine. I'd be fine with paying him that amount then. Now he is just throwing pick and pick after pick. Paying him Aaron Rodgers money is a joke.

This is tough to watch. I have never seen Andrew play this badly in his career, College and Pro. Not sure what is going on! Jimmy Johnson just said we aren't picking up blitzes. He hasn't had much time to throw but he has also played badly. That last pass was made because he was throwing for the endzone and we had no Timeouts. Andrew looks like something is bothering him. He is usually jubilant and smiling but he looks like he is in outer space for some reason.

People wanted to impute Manning's "student of the game" and cerebral acumen to Luck when the truth is there is no evidence of Luck containing any of these attributes. I remember a while back many were asking for Luck to call his own plays similar to how Peyton did. I don't think he studies nearly as much as Manning did. He doesn't put in the extra time with his receivers during the offseason either. He should have done that especially this year with the key new additions to the offense. It's starting to show up this year. Luck has to get on his grind more.

It was unfair to begin with no one, I repeat no one will ever achieve what Manning did. He literally changed the game.

People wanted to impute Manning's "student of the game" and cerebral acumen to Luck when the truth is there is no evidence of Luck containing any of these attributes. I remember last year many were clamoring for Luck to call his own plays similar to how Peyton did. I don't think he studies nearly as much as Manning did. He doesn't put in the extra time with his receivers during the offseason either. He should have done that especially this year with the key new additions to the offense. It's starting to show up this year. Luck has to get on his grind more.

Those kind of expectations were unfair to start with.

I'm actually just reiterating your own dumb fallacy. BTW,this is now. His past good play doesn't hold water in our whydfml league. Heck, Whalen has done fine in his role in the past too... just because he doesn't score prs doesn't make him a bad return man.

whalen was cut last year for poor play and replace by cribbs who get a lot of grief around here. Whalen has also been cut quite a few times and no other team has picked him up. If he is so great why has he spent so much time on the practice squad? He is here because he is familiar not because he is awesome.

I hope not.

If Luck gets more than 20 mil/year, it is laughable. You dont pay that much to a turnover machine. At least he also threw a lot of TDs last year when he was also a turnover machine. I'd be fine with paying him that amount then. Now he is just throwing pick and pick after pick. Paying him Aaron Rodgers money is a joke.

Colts would be set back for years if he gets Rodgers money.