Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Saints Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

The play we've showed up for almost 3 entire quarters costs us the game. Inexcusable. Not every team is like Texans.

Tougher games ahead. I feel our season is gone. In my opinion everyone who wants changes needs to wait until Black Monday.

That's that...I'm disappointed and desperate, this teams performs far below its capacity.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a dumb decision. You're short on timeouts, your D had stopped everything they had been doing all quarter and the 2nd half. The only time the Saints scored was in good field position....you kick it deep and out it on your D to pin their ears back and get that ball back. At midfield they can't do that......given those circumstances, you don't go onside kick...not when they are gonna expect one...the coaches are *s.

The saints only needed one first down. We had 1 timeout. Good r the recovery on the kick. If you don't get it then it doesn't matter if the saints are at the 50 or the 20 all they need is one first down.

Maybe you shouldn't knock the coaches for this one. Other things sure but this one they got right.

Is it wrong to say it'd be a good thing.....Pags would be gone for good

Even though as I said it probably wouldn't matter earlier they probably won't screw with the team until the seasons done because this division is putrid.  They can probably win 6-7 games and win the division.

It was a dumb decision. You're short on timeouts, your D had stopped everything they had been doing all quarter and the 2nd half. The only time the Saints scored was in good field position....you kick it deep and out it on your D to pin their ears back and get that ball back. At midfield they can't do that......given those circumstances, you don't go onside kick...not when they are gonna expect one...the coaches are *s.

All they needed was a first down. Unlikely that the D would cause a 3 and out. So you increase your chances of winning by giving yourself the opportunity to get the ball back and score because you have to score a touchdown. Field position is irrelevant these circumstances. Great decision by Pagano. We almost had it too.

I still think we can go at least 8-8 if not 9-7. We have shown bursts at times and still should sweep the Division and beat the Bucs and possibly pick up another win or 2 along the way. Yeah we aren't that good right now but still capable of being at least .500. 8-8 will win our Division. The Giants won the SB at 9-7 beating NE of all teams. Still a lot of Football to go. What I loved today is we didn't quit like I thought we would down 27-0. I mean Andrew looked horrible but then came alive. I thought The Defense played motivated too in the 2nd Half and Pat is always great.

I still think we can go at least 8-8 if not 9-7. We have shown bursts at times and still should sweep the Division and beat the Bucs and possibly pick another win or 2 along the way. Yeah we aren't that good right now but still capable of being at least .500. 8-8 will win our Division. The Giants won the SB at 9-7 beating NE of all teams. Still a lot of Football to go. What I loved today is we didn't quit like I thought we would down 27-0. I mean Andrew looked horrible but then came alive. I thought The Defense played motivated too in the 2nd Half and Pat is always great.

They're probably going to beat a team or two they shouldn't beat, but then I could also see them losing a game or two they should win.  Going to Jacksonville for example, or losing against he Bucs but beating Denver, Carolina or Atlanta.  I do agree they should be able to get to .500 and win the division. 

All they needed was a first down. Unlikely that the D would cause a 3 and out. So you increase your chances of winning by giving yourself the opportunity to get the ball back and score because you have to score a touchdown. Field position is irrelevant these circumstances. Great decision by Pagano. We almost had it too.

Dumb decision. Your d had been forcing 3 and outs.....dumb dumb dumb

I had to go and run an errand and only caught the end of the 4th quarter of this game. 

I'm somewhat disappointed in how the Saints played the second half, but it don't bother me that much. I'm just thankful for the win. 

The Colts can improve. I sound crazy telling all you that while you're in meltdown mode, but I think this team could get better over time. The Colts appear to have the same issues from last year, and they get bested easily once someone can crack the mold defensively and bring pressure and limit their passing game. This worked all day today until later in the second half when the Saints got tired and began giving up big plays. 

It bothers me to see so many on here trashing Andrew Luck. He had a great second half, and without him, the Saints could have shut them out. Yes, he makes mistakes, but that don't mean he's terrible. He's going to get better over time. 

I'm not going to hang around and rub it in though like some trolls on here would do. It was an entertaining game, and I'm just thankful to finally have back to back wins with the Saints. 

Be thankful that Andrew Luck is your quarterback. To all of you that are bashing the guy, talking about how "average" he is, or how he'll never be Manning (sorry to say, but you sound spoiled rotten from those years), you would have probably got shut out today if it weren't for Luck's late game rally that turned this into a close game. Be thankful you got him, cause there's a lot of fans of other teams that are stuck with true average, or mediocre quarterbacks, that would absolutely love to get their hands on him. You have no idea how good you have it being blessed with one of the best young quarterbacks in the league. 

I had to go and run an errand and only caught the end of the 4th quarter of this game. 

I'm somewhat disappointed in how the Saints played the second half, but it don't bother me that much. I'm just thankful for the win. 

The Colts can improve. I sound crazy telling all you that while you're in meltdown mode, but I think this team could get better over time. The Colts appear to have the same issues from last year, and they get bested easily once someone can crack the mold defensively and bring pressure and limit their passing game. This worked all day today until later in the second half when the Saints got tired and began giving up big plays. 

It bothers me to see so many on here trashing Andrew Luck. He had a great second half, and without him, the Saints could have shut them out. Yes, he makes mistakes, but that don't mean he's terrible. He's going to get better over time. 

I'm not going to hang around and rub it in though like some trolls on here would do. It was an entertaining game, and I'm just thankful to finally have back to back wins with the Saints. 

Be thankful that Andrew Luck is your quarterback. To all of you that are bashing the guy, talking about how "average" he is, or how he'll never be Manning (sorry to say, but you sound spoiled rotten from those years), you would have probably got shut out today if it weren't for Luck's late game rally that turned this into a close game. Be thankful you got him, cause there's a lot of fans of other teams that are stuck with true average, or mediocre quarterbacks, that would absolutely love to get their hands on him. You have no idea how good you have it being blessed with one of the best young quarterbacks in the league. 

With Andrew I never really count us out but I even figured at 27-0 it was over. That was close at the end though haha

They're probably going to beat a team or two they shouldn't beat, but then I could also see them losing a game or two they should win.  Going to Jacksonville for example, or losing against he Bucs but beating Denver, Carolina or Atlanta.  I do agree they should be able to get to .500 and win the division. 

If we can somehow beat Carolina that would be a nice a momentum builder but man they are strong this year.

Good points Bogie.....we got a ways to go with this group.

Your team is showing a lot of heart picking themselves up after their rough start to the season, Bogie.

It was a good road win for them.

If we can somehow beat Carolina that would be a nice a momentum builder but man they are strong this year.

Yeah with the way the O plays in general it's going to be hard to move against their D.  Luck looks bad, WRs can't get separation and drop balls, and the OL kills 1 out of every 2-3 drives with holding calls.  The sad part is many of these things are correctable but due to a failed coaching staff that doesn't know how to correct things that have been happening for the last x amount of  years, I'm not expecting much. 

Yeah with the way the O plays in general it's going to be hard to move against their D.  Luck looks bad, WRs can't get separation and drop balls, and the OL kills 1 out of every 2-3 drives with holding calls.  The sad part is many of these things are correctable but due to a failed coaching staff that doesn't know how to correct things that have been happening for the last x amount of  years, I'm not expecting much. 

Yeah I guess at this point any win is a good one. Pretty sad. Go from SB bound to just hoping to get it together.

No...you're just blind

No, I see it now. The Colts squandered their chances to win because they opted for an onside kick and failed to recover...

They didn't give the Colts defense a chance to stop the Saints... Wait.. They did!

But the field position played a role in the Saints converting their first down to run the clock out... Wait... The field position was irrelevant...

The Colts loss because they, offensively, squandered a whole three and a half quarters of football...

Too little too late.

If they recover the ball and they score... Game over.

Yeah I guess at this point any win is a good one. Pretty sad. Go from SB bound to just hoping to get it together.

Indeed it is my friend, but I'll also say this again there is room for improvement, and plenty of games left for the Colts to continue looking poor or get better.  I thought they were going to come out fired up after that Patriots loss, but boy was I wrong. 

I can't wait to hear what Pagano has to say.  I'm sure he will say something to the extent that, "It's so hard to win in the NFL.  The Saints played great ball and we just have to improve."

:scorebad: