Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looks like the trade for Billy Winn has worked out so far ..

RockThatBlue

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the play when he grabbed Blount, didn't let go and just tossed him backwards lol. He hit Brady I believe a time or two as well. Its still early but it looks like Grigs won this trade so far. I like what I've seen from Winn.

Thank you for a positive thread and comment.

I think Grigs did well with Winn and Mcgill. I saw Mcgill penetrate a time or two out there as well.

I don't recall if Kerr played. Not sure if they are phasing him out or what.

I think Kerr was inactive. Kerr got destroyed pretty bad both games against the pats last year, maybe they wanted to see if McGill would do better.

I think Kerr was inactive. Kerr got destroyed pretty bad both games against the pats last year, maybe they wanted to see if McGill would do better.

Kerr was inactive. If Freeman doesn't ovrr run the play that Blount went 36 yards for the touchdown NE didn't run the ball on us very well.

We had more rushing yards despite the fact we still seem to think there's a rule against running the ball in the 2nd half

Kerr was inactive. If Freeman doesn't ovrr run the play that Blount went 36 yards for the touchdown NE didn't run the ball on us very well.

We had more rushing yards despite the fact we still seem to think there's a rule against running the ball in the 2nd half

freemen is the weak link he should've had to earn those starting reps back being that his replacements were doing better than him

I think Grigson did pretty well to replace that whole defensive line with 2 rookies and 3 free agents. 2 of them coming at the last minute in Winn and Mcgill. I still maintain that Grigs is a pretty good GM when it comes to personnel. I just don't think you build an elite roster in 3 and a quarter seasons. First couple years when the cupboard was bare you kind of have to live off free agents. Some will be hits and many wont work out. The Richardson deal was the worst but at least he has learned from it. That's how it is on many teams. Now we are getting to the phase where you have to shed some of those FA with draft picks and I think he did a real good job with the 2015 draft. In 2016 if Irsay isn't silly enough to fire him we can focus almost the entire draft on defense and some OL. Roster should be stacked next year in my mind.

I think Grigson did pretty well to replace that whole defensive line with 2 rookies and 3 free agents. 2 of them coming at the last minute in Winn and Mcgill. I still maintain that Grigs is a pretty good GM when it comes to personnel. I just don't think you build an elite roster in 3 and a quarter seasons. First couple years when the cupboard was bare you kind of have to live off free agents. Some will be hits and many wont work out. The Richardson deal was the worst but at least he has learned from it. That's how it is on many teams. Now we are getting to the phase where you have to shed some of those FA with draft picks and I think he did a real good job with the 2015 draft. In 2016 if Irsay isn't silly enough to fire him we can focus almost the entire draft on defense and some OL. Roster should be stacked next year in my mind.

Which is why I believe aside from the Dorsett pick, this draft & FA class may have saved Grigson's job

The draft should go:

1. T

2. LB

3. G

4. LB

5.  Another G or T

6,7,8 ...

lol kind of joking but I think if we sure up the OL and LB positions, we will have an extremely talented roster!

DQ over ran the play.  Freeman couldn't shed the man blocking him at point of attack.

The draft should go:

1. T

2. LB

3. G

4. LB

5. Another G or T

6,7,8 ...

lol kind of joking but I think if we sure up the OL and LB positions, we will have an extremely talented roster!

No! No more first round picks for Grigson

Trade back and collect more picks

He stinks with First rounders

Which is why I believe aside from the Dorsett pick, this draft & FA class may have saved Grigson's job

Had no problems with the Dorsett pick after I made myself think about it a couple hours after he was drafted.  I think the main issue is we really haven't had the chance to focus the draft on defense like we do now because we had to build the offense.  Took some setbacks with guys like Chapman, Hughes and I have to say Bjoern Werner at this point, and then you have guys like Boyett who no one knew had a HUGE alcohol problem.  I don't get that riled up in this area because I've seen whole Patriots drafts under Bellichick that never panned out outside of maybe one player.  

As a matter of fact from the guys Bellichick drafted this year I didn't see any of them that made an impact on our game Sunday.  I didn't hear any of their names mentioned, and this is not to say they are bad, but I'm just saying drafting an average to bad player isn't a Grigson phenomenon. The draft is a crap shoot for many teams.  And then other times you have injuries or the fans/media are not patient enough to understand when you have some young guys who just haven't gotten a chance to play very many snaps together in the case of Holmes, Mewhort, and Thornton.  They just say "Okay it's year 2 and these guys you drafted are not Pro Bowl material so let's round em up and throw them to the scrap heap!"

Outside of some admitted misses I think the main issue personnel wise on defense we just haven't had the opportunity until 2015 to really focus an entire draft on defense.  We should have plenty opportunity to do so going forward.  If we stink from there then I'll let the sharks on this forum have at him.

krunk, i always enjoy your comments. possibly due to us sharing strikingly similar beliefs and views on the game/Colts (often why on posts i would comment i do not, as youve normally said almost exactly what I would have typed)....but you are, again, on the money my friend, imo.

This is NOT tho the fault of "Spoiled Colts Fans being unrealistic"....this is society as a whole...instant gratification...

if we could all remember that old phrase, "Rome wasnt built in a day."....but 33-15 in 3 years...36-18 to date (obviously excluding post season records)...

lol...doom and gloom is SOOO fun tho...or funny....one of those two lol

Had no problems with the Dorsett pick after I made myself think about it a couple hours after he was drafted. I think the main issue is we really haven't had the chance to focus the draft on defense like we do now because we had to build the offense. Took some setbacks with guys like Chapman, Hughes and I have to say Bjoern Werner at this point, and then you have guys like Boyett who no one knew had a HUGE alcohol problem. I don't get that riled up in this area because I've seen whole Patriots drafts under Bellichick that never panned out outside of maybe one player.

As a matter of fact from the guys Bellichick drafted this year I didn't see any of them that made an impact on our game Sunday. I didn't hear any of their names mentioned, and this is not to say they are bad, but I'm just saying drafting an average to bad player isn't a Grigson phenomenon. The draft is a crap shoot for many teams. And then other times you have injuries or the fans/media are not patient enough to understand when you have some young guys who just haven't gotten a chance to play very many snaps together in the case of Holmes, Mewhort, and Thornton. They just say "Okay it's year 2 and these guys you drafted are not Pro Bowl material so let's round em up and throw them to the scrap heap!"

Outside of some admitted misses I think the main issue personnel wise on defense we just haven't had the opportunity until 2015 to really focus an entire draft on defense. We should have plenty opportunity to do so going forward. If we stink from there then I'll let the sharks on this forum have at him.

Solid Post

I just still think Landon Collins would've been the better pick but the way Adams, Geathers, & Lowery are playing..... forget Collins lol

Grigson kills in the late rounds, he should've just traded back. I feel like the Dorsett pick was a panic pick. Could've gotten Greene from FSU late or anyone else. It was a deep WR class again this draft

I loved the play when he grabbed Blount, didn't let go and just tossed him backwards lol. He hit Brady I believe a time or two as well. Its still early but it looks like Grigs won this trade so far. I like what I've seen from Winn.

Loved that play. After the play, a friend of mine (Dolphins fan) asked me who #99 is, and I told him we traded Cleveland for him. He asked what we gave for him and I said a conditional late round pick in 2017. He said we stole that dude. :)

The draft should go:

1. T

2. LB

3. G

4. LB

5.  Another G or T

6,7,8 ...

lol kind of joking but I think if we sure up the OL and LB positions, we will have an extremely talented roster!

Not sure if he'll take a tackle in the 1st round, and I think our starting guards may be set. I'd be cool with taking some mid round guards for depth.  In regards to the tackle position Grigson in my opinion tends to like mid/late round guys and develop them on the practice squad for about a year or two.  Or keep them on the regular roster and they just don't play much, while practicing and learning every week.  If I am correct in my assumption I am figuring we may see Denzelle Good starting at right tackle or another year of Reitz with Good as the back up.  Plus you have to figure in Ulrick John who should have taken another step by that point so it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't draft a tackle in the first round again.  Unless that tackle was BPA and just too good of a prospect to pass up.   I honestly think we need to find some quality pass rushers in the 2016 draft.

I think some focus needs to be paid to the corner back position, but it looks like Grigson knows this and so we have Djoun Smith, plus that 6th round corner Tevin Mitchell we stole from the Redskins who is currently on IR but should fit into the future plans.  I don't know if this guy will stick around, or not but there is another interesting young corner I see we picked up a couple weeks ago from Green Bay and put on our PS. Kid named Deontay Glover Wright who's got some nice size at 6'0" and runs a 4.3 forty.  This is another developmental press man cover corner that we could possibly turn into something.   With all this being said I think Grigson will still take another corner in the 2016 draft.

I think in whatever order we'll do good to come out of that draft with  Pass Rusher(s), Guards,  Cornerback(s).  I'm not certain about ILB so much when you have guys like Nate Irving and Sio Moore, plus young guys who could back them up like Herrera and Sylvestre.  We could also do good to draft some more talent along the DL to go along with Parry, Anderson, and Langford.

So I'm thinking Pass Rusher(s), Guard(s), Cornerback(s), DL.  We may even need to look at another RB somewhere in there to go along with Gore because I'm not quite confident if Robinson is ready to be the main guy. We'll see I guess!

Solid Post

I just still think Landon Collins would've been the better pick but the way Adams, Geathers, & Lowery are playing..... forget Collins lol

Grigson kills in the late rounds, he should've just traded back. I feel like the Dorsett pick was a panic pick. Could've gotten Greene from FSU late or anyone else. It was a deep WR class again this draft

Yeah everybody has their own view of the draft so I won't give you much argument.  I'll just say I don't see too many players that were drafted in that first round that are just killing it right now.  The only rookie receiver I see right now and I could be wrong because I'm not just hovering over everyones stats but I must admit Tyler Lockett is a pretty good little player.  Whenever our coaches decide to get Dorsett the ball more we'll see more of his worth.  Plus I think our offense has way more responsibility than Seattle.  In terms of special teams, Lockett has shown to be superior to Dorsett I have to admit.

Yeah everybody has their own view of the draft so I won't give you much argument. I'll just say I don't see too many players that were drafted in that first round that are just killing it right now. The only rookie receiver I see right now and I could be wrong because I'm not just hovering over everyones stats but I must admit Tyler Lockett is a pretty good little player. Whenever our coaches decide to get Dorsett the ball more we'll see more of his worth. Plus I think our offense has way more responsibility than Seattle. In terms of special teams, Lockett has shown to be superior to Dorsett I have to admit.

Amari Cooper & Marcus Peters are having solid seasons

Brandon Sherff out Washington DC having a solid year. I'll see him Sunday live from FedEx. Just look for the only person at FedEx field in :colts: apparel haha

But yeah for the most part the 1st rounders haven't exactly lit up the NFL thus far

Not sure if he'll take a tackle in the 1st round, and I think our starting guards may be set. I'd be cool with taking some mid round guards for depth.  In regards to the tackle position Grigson in my opinion tends to like mid/late round guys and develop them on the practice squad for about a year or two.  Or keep them on the regular roster and they just don't play much, while practicing and learning every week.  If I am correct in my assumption I am figuring we may see Denzelle Good starting at right tackle or another year of Reitz with Good as the back up.  Plus you have to figure in Ulrick John who should have taken another step by that point so it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't draft a tackle in the first round again.  Unless that tackle was BPA and just too good of a prospect to pass up.   I honestly think we need to find some quality pass rushers in the 2016 draft.

I think some focus needs to be paid to the corner back position, but it looks like Grigson knows this and so we have Djoun Smith, plus that 6th round corner Tevin Mitchell we stole from the Redskins who is currently on IR but should fit into the future plans.  I don't know if this guy will stick around, or not but there is another interesting young corner I see we picked up a couple weeks ago from Green Bay and put on our PS. Kid named Deontay Glover Wright who's got some nice size at 6'0" and runs a 4.3 forty.  This is another developmental press man cover corner that we could possibly turn into something.   With all this being said I think Grigson will still take another corner in the 2016 draft.

I think in whatever order we'll do good to come out of that draft with  Pass Rusher(s), Guards,  Cornerback(s).  I'm not certain about ILB so much when you have guys like Nate Irving and Sio Moore, plus young guys who could back them up like Herrera and Sylvestre.  We could also do good to draft some more talent along the DL to go along with Parry, Anderson, and Langford.

So I'm thinking Pass Rusher(s), Guard(s), Cornerback(s), DL.  We may even need to look at another RB somewhere in there to go along with Gore because I'm not quite confident if Robinson is ready to be the main guy. We'll see I guess!

That's a pretty good explanation!  I was over exaggerating because of years past.  I do think we need a T early and a G though.  Reason being, Thornton has had way too many opportunities, and he isn't as good as I'd wish.  He is good run blocker, but not good enough at pass blocking IMO.  He is inconsistent and also gets injured a lot.  Good and John are late round camp guys IMO.  I think most of the late round guys are WIP that rarely comes around or camp guys.  They aren't usually long term solutions.

I do agree we need pass rushers and perhaps CB's if we want to get rid of Toler.  Personally I think he is okay, but we could do alittle better.  It will be interesting to see if Smith can mature and fill that role.  Gore isn't going to last forever, and Robinson doesn't seem to me a primary back.  Plus Colts like the 2 back system.  I look for Robinson to be a change of pace or 3rd down back, and Colts to perhaps try to nab a primary back in the draft next year, or the following.

Yeah everybody has their own view of the draft so I won't give you much argument.  I'll just say I don't see too many players that were drafted in that first round that are just killing it right now.  The only rookie receiver I see right now and I could be wrong because I'm not just hovering over everyones stats but I must admit Tyler Lockett is a pretty good little player.  Whenever our coaches decide to get Dorsett the ball more we'll see more of his worth.  Plus I think our offense has way more responsibility than Seattle.  In terms of special teams, Lockett has shown to be superior to Dorsett I have to admit.

this is sooo true....just look at Seattle's record when their D doesn't hold up.

I agree. Grigs is still a very young, raw GM. I have certainly voiced my criticism, but I'm not quite ready to overrun the 56th st complex with torch and pitchfork.

He has managed the cap quite well. Another influx of free agents and draft picks next year and we could be a true juggernaut.

With that being said, I dare say, we can still make some noise this season!