Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts MVP

Yeah its Moncrief on offense. And DQ on D. a lot of people don't realize how big of a year DQ is having. He could be a legit pro bowler this year lol. And Moncrief....Man. The kid's turning into a true number 1 wide out. We finally have that big 6'3 number 1 and I love it.

Gotta give my vote to Matt Hasselback

So far, yes. He was instrumental in two of our three wins.

It should be Luck or Gore, but Luck has been a little sloppy and hurt, and Gore has the costly fumbles and we haven't let him really bring us home. Obviously, six games is too soon.

gotta give it to the rookie DL. parry and anderson are gonna be cornerstones of our defense for years to come

2 darn good picks CR91, but your post made me wonder how we are evaluating MVPs: Either seasoned vets like Adams who picked off Brady or young studs in Parry & Anderson who haven't hit their prime yet. 

Or do we put a prime on Dwayne Allen with his good blocking that gives Frank Gore the freedom to hit the hole & fly for huge chunks of yardage? 

Anderson and Parry both have been impressive. Grigson's draft wasn't that bad overall. He just didn't address the O.Line so he gets blasted a lot. I still like the Dorsett pick too, Dorsett will be good in the future. It took Moncrief a year to get settled in and Luck seems comfortable throwing to him now.

Wasn't that bad after all? Most have said this is his best draft since 12. Sure no one likes his first round but then he drafted smith-cb anderson,Parry, geathers- S, robinson, herrea, and good- T. He really addressed alot in this draft and so far atleast 3 of those have made a impact so far. That's a pretty good draft no matter who you are.

Wasn't that bad after all? Most have said this is his best draft since 12. Sure no one likes his first round but then he drafted smith-cb anderson,Parry, geathers- S, robinson, herrea, and good- T. He really addressed alot in this draft and so far atleast 3 of those have made a impact so far. That's a pretty good draft no matter who you are.

I thought his draft was good if I had to rank it. I would've liked to seen maybe an O.Lineman taken earlier but Anderson, Parry, and Dorsett were all good picks.

I find it strange that so many people put Donte Moncrief on their list when say Anthony Castonzo on our line is much more important than any WR we have. The trenches take precedence on either line IMO.

LT is probably the second or third most important position after QB and maybe pass rusher, but AC hasn't had the best season.

I find it strange that so many people put Donte Moncrief on their list when say Anthony Castonzo on our line is much more important than any WR we have. The trenches take precedence on either line IMO. 

You aren't wrong, but it's much more difficult for people to both qualify and quantify that...most people aren't watching the line until something goes wrong. Most things that an O-lineman does is "negative" because they aren't noticed when they're doing their job well (like referees...)

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but OL has no official stats (still?) and you know how much people guzzle down stats...

Not that WRs have a history of winning MVPs (however faux this one is...Jerry Rice never won one, 'nuff said)...but I'd probably give a strong look to Moncrief who has easily been our most competitive WR this year and then versus the weight of expectations, he has surpassed them while Luck, T.Y., A.J. and the tight ends have all underwhelmed...

Yeah its Moncrief on offense. And DQ on D. a lot of people don't realize how big of a year DQ is having. He could be a legit pro bowler this year lol. And Moncrief....Man. The kid's turning into a true number 1 wide out. We finally have that big 6'3 number 1 and I love it.

I'm not taking anything away from Donte, because he is breaking out this season, but he is a #3 WR on the depth chart.  Do you think he would be putting up similar numbers if he was facing the same coverage as TY?

Mcafee is the best punter in the league, and if it wasn't so hard for punters to get in, I'd say he's putting together a hall of fame career. He's def the first person that came to mind when I read the topic title. He's been outstanding every week.

Right behind him is a tie between Moncrief, Anderson, and Parry. MH is an honerable mention.

MVP isn't solely based on performance, it's the one person who has had the most positive impact on your team winning. So as much as I love McAfee, and am delighted with Anderson and Parry, they cannot be considered MVP candidates.

Realistically, come the end of the year, it will be Andrew Luck, even if he does not play as well as we expected.

Im going to do a shared MVP between Parry and Henry Anderson (Langford to an extent).....they have really turned the D line from serviceable to a team strength.

That is where my vote would be. After years and years of terrible defensive line play it looks like they are not being manhandled anymore.

Tackles is a terrible way to judge LB play, or any position, really. Maybe a punt/kick coverage player.

It may not be the best measuring stick, but there's no denying he is doing okay with leading the league in tackles through week 6.  Im sure not going to complain...  I wasn't a big DQ fan before, nor am I still, but you must give the man credit where credit is due!  Granted there is more to being a LB but in the scheme the Colts run tackling is a big part of it!

So far, yes. He was instrumental in two of our three wins.

It should be Luck or Gore, but Luck has been a little sloppy and hurt, and Gore has the costly fumbles and we haven't let him really bring us home. Obviously, six games is too soon.

This team should be leaning on Gore more than they have. They showed some propensity for doing it in the last couple of weeks but the holding penalties make it tough to run the ball on 1st and 20 or 2nd and 15. So, clean up the holding(which has mostly been hogwash/phantom calls)and let Gore run the ball.

OK, maybe he isn't the MVP but I think by far the best performance with the most meaning in a game this year was Dwight Lowery in the Titans game. He could have saved our season in that game. If you consider that we didn't have our starting QB the next 2 games it could have gone downhill real fast.