Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats Oc O'brien Interviews With Penn State; Deal Possible Soon

bap1331

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825b828c/article/pats-oc-obrien-interviews-with-penn-state-deal-possible-soon?module=HP11_headline_stack

Why? Why? Why???????

Why would you downgrade or demote yourself in your own job? You have one of the most high powered offenses in the league! Or maybe you can interview for the Colts head coach position!

Not to mention...why is he interviewing during playoff time?! No need to bring any interferences for the Patriots at this time...

There is some sort of pattern of offensive coordinators leaving the Pats.. first Charlie Weis, then Josh McDaniels, and now possibly Bill O'Brien. I guess none of them like working with Bill Belichek (I dont blame them)

There is some sort of pattern of offensive coordinators leaving the Pats.. first Charlie Weis, then Josh McDaniels, and now possibly Bill O'Brien. I guess none of them like working with Bill Belichek (I dont blame them)

haha! Yea and they all left to other NFL Positions...not college. It is understandable that if you fail in the NFL like as head coach or coordinator, then you go to college football. Just like the Dolphins coach did years back when he almost went 0-16. But when you are having success? Why would you do that?

This is a ridiculous, stupid post. Yes, stupid.

Gee, do you THINK there's a reason for the pattern of coordinators getting HC positions after working with BB? In other words, they're getting the experience and training that HCs should have, and therefore other teams want them.

BB was actually against both McDaniels and Mangini getting HC jobs because he felt that they weren't read.

Gee, was he right or what?

This is a ridiculous, stupid post. Yes, stupid.

Gee, do you THINK there's a reason for the pattern of coordinators getting HC positions after working with BB? In other words, they're getting the experience and training that HCs should have, and therefore other teams want them.

BB was actually against both McDaniels and Mangini getting HC jobs because he felt that they weren't read.

Gee, was he right or what?

What I said about the offensive coordinators not wanting to work for Belichek was just a joke.. obviously they would make good head coaches.

A lot of these guys have left BB's coaching staff and failed as head coaches. Look at McDaniels, Crennel (who didn't do well in Cleveland, but seems like he has a chance in KC), Mangini, none of these guys have even come close to having the success Belichick had.

How do Pats fans feel about this move? Will it hurt the offense? You've had guys like Weis and McDaniels leave and the offense has been fine in the hands of Brady. Does this move worry you at all?

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

Why? Why? Why???????

Why would you downgrade or demote yourself in your own job? You have one of the most high powered offenses in the league! Or maybe you can interview for the Colts head coach position!

Not to mention...why is he interviewing during playoff time?! No need to bring any interferences for the Patriots at this time...

why? Well first its not a demotion. Its a promotion going from pro OC to college coach. They make more money in college.. and its Penn State.

A lot of these guys have left BB's coaching staff and failed as head coaches. Look at McDaniels, Crennel (who didn't do well in Cleveland, but seems like he has a chance in KC), Mangini, none of these guys have even come close to having the success Belichick had.

How do Pats fans feel about this move? Will it hurt the offense? You've had guys like Weis and McDaniels leave and the offense has been fine in the hands of Brady. Does this move worry you at all?

I don't think it worries us as much as maybe years ago. Brady has progressed pretty good as a Manning OC;)

Heard rumors McDaniels might be back here too....

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

Why? Why? Why???????

definitely not a demotion. the pay increase is huge jump. some coaches prefer the college game. this week during the buy is the time to be interviewing. It's how the Pats/Weis/Notre Dame handled it back in 04. the Pats went to win the SB that year as Weis had already accepted the ND job. as long as it's handled correctly there's no issue