Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hoodie and the Colts

B~Town

Amusing, since Indy didn't even get a team till '84.

Patriot fans have been around since the '60's.

But since you came to football so much later, it's unsurprising that you didn't know that.

cant blame those that dont know the history of the league

But since you came to football so much later, it's unsurprising that you didn't know that.

My family is from Baltimore actually before we moved to New England. Stuck with the Colts. Unlike all the Giants fans in New England that switched to the Pats AFTER the year 2000.

The Colts have been around since 1953 and moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis in 1984....BB was a coach for the Colts in 1975. Just because the franchise moved in 1984 doesn't mean it didn't exist prior to the move? 

The Colts have been around since 1953 and moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis in 1984....BB was a coach for the Colts in 1975. Just because the franchise moved in 1984 doesn't mean it didn't exist prior to the move?

Don't try, they aren't that bright. They still think a guy nicknamed the Deflator was trying to lose weight.

Where did I say that?

Oh, wait, I didn't.

All I said that there was no team in Indy before '84.

Fact.

Where did I say that?

Oh, wait, I didn't.

All I said that there was no team in Indy before '84.

Fact.

You wrote the following:

"Amusing, since Indy didn't even get a team till '84.

But since you came to football so much later, it's unsurprising that you didn't know that."

You are stating that Colts fans haven't been around as long as New England fans since they didn't have team in Indianapolis until 1984? How absolutely ignorant and uniformed that is.....many of us that were fans from the Baltimore days still followed our team despite the move. FACT

My family is from Baltimore actually before we moved to New England. Stuck with the Colts. Unlike all the Giants fans in New England that switched to the Pats AFTER the year 2000.

We live in New Hampshire.  My parents were both from Massachusetts.  My father was a Patriots fan in the 60s.  He told me that he (and everyone else) was a Giants fan before Boston got a team (they were the Boston Patriots first).  In my entire life, I have only ever known one Giants fan from Northern New England, but there are a lot of Giants fans in Connecticut.  That makes sense to me since, it's about the same difficulty to watch either team in person or on television and, until this century, the Giants were a more entertaining team.

Where do you live and work in New England?

How do you know he came to football in 84? There are plenty of Colts fans who were on board since the Baltimore days. Not everyone is an Indy only fan.

I might assume you only came to like the Pats during the 2000's. Since this current run is the only era where the Pats have ever really been relevant. That would be equally as stupid.

We live in New Hampshire. My parents were both from Massachusetts. My father was a Patriots fan in the 60s. He told me that he (and everyone else) was a Giants fan before Boston got a team (they were the Boston Patriots first). In my entire life, I have only ever known one Giants fan from Northern New England, but there are a lot of Giants fans in Connecticut. That makes sense to me since, it's about the same difficulty to watch either team in person or on television and, until this century, the Giants were a more entertaining team.

Where do you live and work in New England?

Yea I know a ton of people on the younger side who didn't watch the pats until after they started winning and most of their parents are NYG/NYJ fans. I'm from CT, went to college in RI where the pats used to practice, moved back to CT after and am a CPA at a public firm. Being from NE and going to school there most people I know are NE fans. Although living in the Greenwich area it's many more NYG fans. Yourself?

You wrote the following:

"Amusing, since Indy didn't even get a team till '84.

But since you came to football so much later, it's unsurprising that you didn't know that."

You are stating that Colts fans haven't been around as long as New England fans since they didn't have team in Indianapolis until 1984? How absolutely ignorant and uniformed that is.....many of us that were fans from the Baltimore days still followed our team despite the move. FACT

I have been a Colt fan since the Bert Jones days. I became a Colt and Orioles fan from the days I played Little League baseball. I just happen to work in a building that was at South and Senate St. in Indy when the city started building the RCA dome. I watched the RCA dome go up piece by piece everyday. Little did I know it would be the new home of the Colts. At first I thought it was going to be the home of the Cardinals. When it was announced that the Colts were on their way I was floored and very happy. A year later the city bought the property where I was working and we relocated out by the airport and that property became more parking lot room for the dome.

I have been a Colt fan since the Bert Jones days. I became a Colt and Orioles fan from the days I played Little League baseball. I just happen to work in a building that was at South and Senate St. in Indy when the city started building the RCA dome. I watched the RCA dome go up piece by piece everyday. Little did I know it would be the new home of the Colts. At first I thought it was going to be the home of the Cardinals. When it was announced that the Colts were on their way I was floored and very happy. A year later the city bought the property where I was working and we relocated out by the airport and that property became more parking lot room for the dome.

Nice story! My Father had me watching the Colts/Jets and Colts/Cowboys Superbowls in my diapers back in the day  :thmup:

Look, I'm not going to slam Bill Belichick who's playoff appearances, division wins, AFC title games, & SB trophies prove he knows what the hades he's been doing since he arrived in Massachusetts in 2000. 

I don't hate Bill just like I don't hate Brady. The guy is smart, his team is almost always prepared, & he knows how to reshuffle his roster every year & still win. 

"He really knows how to take away your strengths and knows how to maximize talent." --Jim Irsay. Jimmy is exactly right. 

The trip down Colts history lane is nice & all, but let's just concentrate on winning the AFC South, cleaning up our penalties, & just going with the flow preparing for the Saints another well coached team under Sean Payton. 

At this point, I don't care about broken cell phone cookies, PSI air pressure, or deflated football hats in the stands...Just let it go, turn the page, & just secure a playoffs spot. 

Hate only brings down the team that holds onto to the venom. The Hoodie, Mr. Uggs, & Mr. Kraft just continue to win games & so should we. We lost. So what? Just keep moving forward. No matter what. 

Yea I know a ton of people on the younger side who didn't watch the pats until after they started winning and most of their parents are NYG/NYJ fans. I'm from CT, went to college in RI where the pats used to practice, moved back to CT after and am a CPA at a public firm. Being from NE and going to school there most people I know are NE fans. Although living in the Greenwich area it's many more NYG fans. Yourself?

Born and raised in New Hampshire.  I was born in 1962, so the Pats have always been part of my Sundays.  We spent many a winter weekend on the benches in Schaefer Stadium.  When the pats were bad, we used to point our antenna to a Maine or New York station due to blackouts.  My father passed away without ever seeing the Pats win a Superbowl or the Red Sox win a World Series.  They won on his birthday in 2004.

Welcome home!

Fun Fact: Bill Belichick also called Bert Jones the most talented QB he ever worked with. Which funny enough he said this in the press week before the Super Bowl in 07-08.

Here is another fun fact. Belichick went 36-44 his first four years as a head coach. So some want to compare what he would do over what Pagano would do can easily omit things like that. Look at what both coaches did in their start and you will see that Pagano has a better start as a head coach. I guess I will get some heat for that but facts are facts.

Born and raised in New Hampshire.  I was born in 1962, so the Pats have always been part of my Sundays.  We spent many a winter weekend on the benches in Schaefer Stadium.  When the pats were bad, we used to point our antenna to a Maine or New York station due to blackouts.  My father passed away without ever seeing the Pats win a Superbowl or the Red Sox win a World Series.  They won on his birthday in 2004.

Welcome home!

Thank you, so sad he never got to see the success you guys have had in all four sports over the last 15 years but it would make him happy to know you got to see all that. The way the Red Sox won that first one is such an incredible way to break the curse, the same way I picture us beating NE in the 06 AFC championship was one of the best days of my life because it's finally winning it all AND beating your biggest tormentor (Yankees for you, Pats for me). Check out the song Angels of Fenway by James Taylor, it came out this past summer.