Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cjrulli

Mathis Breakout? - Nate Solder to IR

Pats starting LT Nate Solder has a torn bicep and is out for year. 

Could this be a good day for Mathis? Seeing how Dallas feasted, maybe we could create similar success? 

It makes more sense that a good LT like Solder was struggling with injury that lead to the 5 sacks rather then uncharacteristic poor play.  When he was replaced the sacks went away, still it's an overall talent downgrade at that position unless they do something like move Vollmer over to that spot.

No PEDs, no sacks

Come on... That is not right. Football players are tested multiple times every year. He's averaging 10 sacks per year roughly.

I hope he can get the motor going for this game. If anyone on this team knows what these games against the Pats means, it Mathis because of his longevity with the Colts.

Come on... That is not right. Football players are tested multiple times every year. He's averaging 10 sacks per year roughly.

hes also had one this year. He got one in the Titans game.

Well it depends if Mathis gets more snaps.  I also believe who ever the Pats have as their backup will step in and do fine.  Hopefully Mathis as well as a few others can get to Brady this Sunday night.  I am hoping for it but our pass rush has been less than impressive so far.

They have been rotating like 9 lineman on offense based on the package...so I think they'll be ok. But Solder was a mainstay. Probably won't make much difference bc they'll go up tempo and quick routes

How about Trent Cole breaking out? Mathis has had quite a few pressures and has looked better in pass rushing situations than Cole has as a starter this year.

It makes more sense that a good LT like Solder was struggling with injury that lead to the 5 sacks rather then uncharacteristic poor play.  When he was replaced the sacks went away, still it's an overall talent downgrade at that position unless they do something like move Vollmer over to that spot.

Yeah. I would think Vollmer over to LT and Cannon to the right side. He is better there.

Mathis has been getting close lately. However, we're playing the Patriots and Tom Brady will not hold the ball longer than 2.5 seconds.

Bill Belichick has back-ups for his back-ups lol. Losing Solder will hurt but Brady is known for his quick release.

I'm sure whoever the Pats stick at LT will gain magical powers to protect Brady for hours on end.

Magical powers is code for skirting the rules....... Again ?

No PEDs, no sacks

for real? it wasn't even a real PED it was a fertility drug PRESCRIBED by a doctor to get his wife pregnant. (and she conceived)

and it was in the freakin offseason and the surgeries and the snap count like for real???

Solder hadn't been good. Maybe he was hurt already, but the Pats protection got better last week when he went out. I didn't see him get hurt and then he was back for a couple snaps, and then gone again. I thought he got benched.

Too bad Solder is out for the year, but injuries happen.  We have lost some depth now on the OL.  Be good to get Stork back in the lineup.

Its not the end of the world as we will figure out something, but its still a bummer when one looses a starter.

No PEDs, no sacks

Then what are we waiting!? Let's make him... BI-GGER... BE-TTER... ST-RONGER... FA-STEEER!!!

One Of the only things the ladies don't like about him. ;)

That and deflated balls