Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathis Breakout? - Nate Solder to IR

cjrulli

It makes more sense that a good LT like Solder was struggling with injury that lead to the 5 sacks rather then uncharacteristic poor play.  When he was replaced the sacks went away, still it's an overall talent downgrade at that position unless they do something like move Vollmer over to that spot.

Well it depends if Mathis gets more snaps.  I also believe who ever the Pats have as their backup will step in and do fine.  Hopefully Mathis as well as a few others can get to Brady this Sunday night.  I am hoping for it but our pass rush has been less than impressive so far.

It makes more sense that a good LT like Solder was struggling with injury that lead to the 5 sacks rather then uncharacteristic poor play.  When he was replaced the sacks went away, still it's an overall talent downgrade at that position unless they do something like move Vollmer over to that spot.

Yeah. I would think Vollmer over to LT and Cannon to the right side. He is better there.

Solder hadn't been good. Maybe he was hurt already, but the Pats protection got better last week when he went out. I didn't see him get hurt and then he was back for a couple snaps, and then gone again. I thought he got benched.

Too bad Solder is out for the year, but injuries happen.  We have lost some depth now on the OL.  Be good to get Stork back in the lineup.

Its not the end of the world as we will figure out something, but its still a bummer when one looses a starter.

Archived