Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Disrespectful press coverage of Colts/Patriots game.

bleevit

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's disrespectful for people to give Colts no chance or to forecast yet another rout. If you were a gambler would risk betting on the Colts based on what happened in the immediate past? Obviously not.

However, I do get saddened by the hate and disdain our Colts receive from the majority of people that comment on articles published by national media such as ESPN or pro football talk.

And this is actually the most surprising because up until recently I thought the Patriots are one of the most hated franchises, in part based on envy but also because of cheating scandals, by people other than their fan base. When did our Colts become so hated?

2 things people love to do;

1. Tear someone/something down that is sitting on top (Patriots)

2. Have disdain for someone or something they consider a rat. (Colts)

Wether fair or not IMO those are two constants for so many people.

Who cares? The media is loaded with old pats players and sucks donkey doo.

Lol you do realize ESPN been after the Pats for ages, even quoting FALSE and RETRACTED articles from years past to do so in PRIME TIME. Then doing the apology and retraction at 1 am sports center

Who has done this?

Or should we think that all Colt fans are like Gregg Doyel?

First, is this a joke? Patriots fans aren't proud of themselves and for the sake of staying on target "disrespectful" of the Colts, the owner, the city, the fans, hell the state? The internet is bigger than this forum. For instance go look at PatriotFootballTalk's comments. It's hard to suggest that there's respect here generally. 

As far as Doyal goes or what you think about Colts fans. Whatever. Don't really care.

I have been doing my normal fantasy prep and keep running across these articles giving the Colts absolutely no chance.  Have my over 50 years of watching the NFL been wasted, or do the Colts have a few NFL capable players.  I would anticipate the Colts absolute best effort in this game and for one do not think that Tom Brady, with his self-righteous fire, is unbeatable.  Sure they're a great team, but so are our Colts.  I am sick of these articles.  Look out Patriots.

1) In this current Colts regime the Pats have been, on average, 29 points better than Indy.  4 freaking touchdowns better per game.  Plus the Pats have looked great and Indy not so much to start the year, which begs the question - why would the press give Indy any sort of "respect?"

2) How cares what the press says?  The game will be decided on the field where they will have their chance to earn respect.

First, is this a joke? Patriots fans aren't proud of themselves and for the sake of staying on target "disrespectful" of the Colts, the owner, the city, the fans, hell the state? The internet is bigger than this forum. For instance go look at PatriotFootballTalk's comments. It's hard to suggest that there's respect here generally. 

As far as Doyal goes or what you think about Colts fans. Whatever. Don't really care.

I would not take comments posted on Florio's articles as representative of a region of fans.

Honest question here...and I know it won't gain me any friends with this crew but it's worth asking,

Why would Patriots fans respect these Colts?

This isn't the Colts of the rivalry years, where there was a healthy respect that evolved from the hate and slowly evolved into mutual admiration while we all watched Brady and Manning battle each other...but the last few years, I mean, seriously, what exactly are you thinking we should respect about this current team and the way they've played?

Look, the Colts may show up Sunday and punch us in the mouth, but is there really any reason for anyone to realistically expect that to happen? Is it an impossibility that the Colts could pull this one out? Of course not, but is there actually anything you've seen with the way the Colts have played so far that leads you to believe they can compete with the best teams in the league?

It's a long season as we all know and things can change in an instant, but honestly, right now the Colts shouldn't get any respect. Not from Patriots fans, not from the media, not from anyone. They haven't shown that they deserve it, they haven't done anything to earn it. Beat us and we'll respect you. Heck, lose by less than 20 and we'll respect you. But until then, stop being so surprised when you don't get the national media fawning over your inability to look like a formidable football team.

Disrespectful?

Patriots have been money, while we haven't beat anyone worth a darn. Bortles and Hoyer aren't comparable to Brady and the Patriots.

I'm sorry... that's just the Cold, Hard, Facts.

The Pats have not beat any great teams either.... Although I know what you're saying.

How are we a 'great' team? Seriously. People need to stop throwing around these words. We are an okay team, but we are not great. We haven't achieved greatness in a long time, so it's silly to call us that. Maybe we will be, but so far we haven't won anything.

This is more a case of you not realizing or accepting just how great the Patriots are. Because they are great. They are the defending Super Bowl champions, they are led by a 4 time Super Bowl winning HOF QB, HOF coach, a TE that in my opinion will go down as the greatest TE ever (if he avoid any serious injuries). That system and those players/coaches have been succesful for over 10+ years, and even though they have been bending the rules (other teams do too, but whatever), I can't stop feeling envy. Playing wise they are everything the Colts should aspire to be.

And most importantly, they have not slowed down. They continue to dominate this season. Combine that with the fact they have destroyed us in the Luck era (also beat us a lot during Peyton's years) and our disappointing start (nope sorry, not impressed by narrowly beating the Titans, Jags and a putrid Texans team), and that's why fans/media dont believe in us. Very logical. You have no reason to feel disrepected.

I totally agree the Pats are better coached much much better then we could ever dream to be. In my opinion there's Belichek and Brady then there's everybody else by a wide margin. And I'm a hugh Colts fan. I just being realistic. I don't have Blind Faith in this Colts team.

It's not disrepectful, the Colts have no chance. This week the Colts have a QB coming back from injury, so he's going to be rusty, an old RB that just ran for nearly 100 yards so he probably will take a practice day for "rest", A line that can't block the blitz and WRs and TE that cannot get separation. They also field a D that can't hold the worst QBs in the league to under a 70% completion percentage.

So with all that they are playing the best team in the history of the NFL. They have a QB that can throw TDs with balls inflated from 5 psi to 15 psi, a line that allowes him 6 seconds to throw on every play and a defense that, I don't think has allowed a true yard all season. The patriots are so good their weakest spot is stronger than any other teams strongest position.

Why should the media offer respectful analysis of the game. The Colts have no chance.

I got three names for you. Brady, Gronk, and Edelman enough said.

Honest question here...and I know it won't gain me any friends with this crew but it's worth asking,

This isn't the Colts of the rivalry years, where there was a healthy respect that evolved from the hate and slowly evolved into mutual admiration while we all watched Brady and Manning battle each other...but the last few years, I mean, seriously, what exactly are you thinking we should respect about this current team and the way they've played?

Look, the Colts may show up Sunday and punch us in the mouth, but is there really any reason for anyone to realistically expect that to happen? Is it an impossibility that the Colts could pull this one out? Of course not, but is there actually anything you've seen with the way the Colts have played so far that leads you to believe they can compete with the best teams in the league?

It's a long season as we all know and things can change in an instant, but honestly, right now the Colts shouldn't get any respect. Not from Patriots fans, not from the media, not from anyone. They haven't shown that they deserve it, they haven't done anything to earn it. Beat us and we'll respect you. Heck, lose by less than 20 and we'll respect you. But until then, stop being so surprised when you don't get the national media fawning over your inability to look like a formidable football team.

It seems the word respect is getting used to fit individual definitions. In reality I think the issue/division is more akin to abject hate. 

But, this post is a good example of the frustration I get. You're saying a team that just accomplished a historic feat winning 17 in a row in division is garbage and there's no questioning it. 

Some of you all I swear, The NFL has not been renamed the CBL (Cry Baby League). They are grown men, A very smart ILB once said RESPECT IS EARNED......On the football field this is even more true. If the Colts want that respect then they are going to have to TAKE IT...Not only at Lucas Oil but Foxborough, They took it from Denver in Denver and they will have to do it at Gillette, They have not earned that respect

We've played terribly and have barely beaten some horrible teams. New England is playing fantastic ball and ...... well they're the reigning champs like it or not. Besides, they've owned our rears going back some 5 years plus now. 

Telling the truth about this lop-sided match up will not be pleasing to Colts fans.

We've played terribly and have barely beaten some horrible teams. New England is playing fantastic ball and ...... well they're the reigning champs like it or not. Besides, they've owned our rears going back some 5 years plus now. 

Telling the truth about this lop-sided match up will not be pleasing to Colts fans.

Have you enjoyed the loud chorus of "the Patroits are going to win 70-3"? Or the other good one "can he stop the run". Not to mention the Irsay jokes, not that those aren't expected to some extent, but almost everything is a pill popping joke. 

I haven't. The nub of this is that I'm annoyed by the taunting. 

Have you enjoyed the loud chorus of "the Patroits are going to win 70-3"? Or the other good one "can he stop the run". Not to mention the Irsay jokes, not that those aren't expected to some extent, but almost everything is a pill popping joke

I haven't. The nub of this is that I'm annoyed by the taunting. 

It was bound to happen.      

All the more reason to dislike Pats fans.

Some of you all I swear, The NFL has not been renamed the CBL (Cry Baby League). They are grown men, A very smart ILB once said RESPECT IS EARNED......On the football field this is even more true. If the Colts want that respect then they are going to have to TAKE IT...Not only at Lucas Oil but Foxborough, They took it from Denver in Denver and they will have to do it at Gillette, They have not earned that respect

Anybody who watched the 68 Colts play the entire season, knows the Colts were overwhelmingly strong at every position group, by far the best team in football, but just like the Pats losing to the Giants in the Super Bowl, the Colts lost to the Jets in Super Bowl III. Pats fans don't have to go so far back in their memories so they shouldn't be so overconfident but I never forget the lesson of having to go to school January 13, 1969 the day after Super Bowl III. I can't identify with Pats fans and their media that think they can't lose. I look forward to the game.

Well the media is the media and if you don't take it with a grain of salt then that's on you. Of course they're not respecting the colts due to the recent history.

Now OTOH if you're a true football fan you would respect the colts. I've read some pats posts that the colts could possibly win. Why- because they know execution or lack of by one side is always possible or even a couple bounces of the ball. So by that logic you would respect the Colts. The odds may not be in their favor and of course Vegas will reflect that but its hardly zero chance.

I guess, technically this is true as an adult. As a fan, not so much.

This is the first thing said in this craptacular piece. 

"When the New England Patriots are through with their latest rout of the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday night, the reversal will be nearly complete.

Yes, that’s a when, not an if, sure as Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the Krafts will relish every second of another nationally-televised laugher at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/10/13/deflategate-andrew-luck-chuck-pagano-ryan-grigson/73892286/

I wouldn't call that respect.

Respect is earned

Wth?! You've got some nerve.

Pats fan talking about respect. LOL. That's a good one.