Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Disrespectful press coverage of Colts/Patriots game.

bleevit

I have been doing my normal fantasy prep and keep running across these articles giving the Colts absolutely no chance.  Have my over 50 years of watching the NFL been wasted, or do the Colts have a few NFL capable players.  I would anticipate the Colts absolute best effort in this game and for one do not think that Tom Brady, with his self-righteous fire, is unbeatable.  Sure they're a great team, but so are our Colts.  I am sick of these articles.  Look out Patriots.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been doing my normal fantasy prep and keep running across these articles giving the Colts absolutely no chance.  Have my over 50 years of watching the NFL been wasted, or do the Colts have a few NFL capable players.  I would anticipate the Colts absolute best effort in this game and for one do not think that Tom Brady, with his self-righteous fire, is unbeatable.  Sure they're a great team, but so are our Colts.  I am sick of these articles.  Look out Patriots.

it goes like this brother. ANY GIVEN SUNDAY anybody can be beaten.

why is it disrespectful when the average margin of victory for the Pats over the last 4 meetings has been close to 40. add in that the Colts have struggled so far this year while the Pats are cruising.

I agree with any given sunday, but its not disrespectful to assume a trend will continue

I understand your frusterations but until the Colts beat the Pats, this is always going to be the case.  The Colts have to prove everyone wrong in order to gain some respect.

I don't care as long as tehy go out and punch the Patriots in the mouth.  It's games like this where I wish we had a James Harrison or Terrell Suggs in the lineup. 

why is it disrespectful when the average margin of victory for the Pats over the last 4 meetings has been close to 40. add in that the Colts have struggled so far this year while the Pats are cruising.

I agree with any given sunday, but its not disrespectful to assume a trend will continue

Of course it is disrespectful.  They've never even played this version of the Colts.  If they made no changes, then one might assume a trend.  I for one think the defense is much improved.  If the offense can find itself they will do well against these Patriot corners.  The team overall is an upgrade from last year. 

How are we a 'great' team? Seriously. People need to stop throwing around these words. We are an okay team, but we are not great. We haven't achieved greatness in a long time, so it's silly to call us that. Maybe we will be, but so far we haven't won anything.

This is more a case of you not realizing or accepting just how great the Patriots are. Because they are great. They are the defending Super Bowl champions, they are led by a 4 time Super Bowl winning HOF QB, HOF coach, a TE that in my opinion will go down as the greatest TE ever (if he avoid any serious injuries). That system and those players/coaches have been succesful for over 10+ years, and even though they have been bending the rules (other teams do too, but whatever), I can't stop feeling envy. Playing wise they are everything the Colts should aspire to be.

And most importantly, they have not slowed down. They continue to dominate this season. Combine that with the fact they have destroyed us in the Luck era (also beat us a lot during Peyton's years) and our disappointing start (nope sorry, not impressed by narrowly beating the Titans, Jags and a putrid Texans team), and that's why fans/media dont believe in us. Very logical. You have no reason to feel disrepected.

It's not disrepectful, the Colts have no chance.  This week the Colts have a QB coming back from injury, so he's going to be rusty, an old RB that just ran for nearly 100 yards so he probably will take a practice day for "rest",  A line that can't block the blitz and WRs and TE that cannot get separation.  They also field a D that can't hold the worst QBs in the league to under a 70% completion percentage.

So with all that they are playing the best team in the history of the NFL.  They have a QB that can throw TDs with balls inflated from 5 psi to 15 psi, a line that allowes him 6 seconds to throw on every play and a defense that, I don't think has allowed a true yard all season.  The patriots are so good their weakest spot is stronger than any other teams strongest position.

Why should the media offer respectful analysis of the game.  The Colts have no chance.

How are we a 'great' team? Seriously. People need to stop throwing around these words. We are an okay team, but we are not great. We haven't achieved greatness in a long time, so it's silly to call us that. Maybe we will be, but so far we haven't won anything.

This is more a case of you not realizing or accepting just how great the Patriots are. Because they are great. They are the defending Super Bowl champions, they are led by a 4 time Super Bowl winning HOF QB, HOF coach, a TE that in my opinion will go down as the greatest TE ever (if he avoid any serious injuries). That system and those players/coaches have been succesful for over 10+ years, and even though they have been bending the rules (other teams do too, but whatever), I can't stop feeling envy. Playing wise they are everything the Colts should aspire to be.

And most importantly, they have not slowed down. They continue to dominate this season. Combine that with the fact they have destroyed us in the Luck era (also beat us a lot during Peyton's years) and our disappointing start (nope sorry, not impressed by narrowly beating the Titans, Jags and a putrid Texans team), and that's why fans/media dont believe in us. Very logical. You have no reason to feel disrepected.

We even get disrespected by our own bloggers.  I am not throwing around the words "great team" lightly.  As my avatar indicates, I have been watching the great teams since Johnny U was a great quarterback.  Dolphins, Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders et all.  This team has players capable of greatness.  I have seen it before.

You have no reason to feel disrepected.

I guess, technically this is true as an adult. As a fan, not so much.

This is the first thing said in this craptacular piece. 

"When the New England Patriots are through with their latest rout of the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday night, the reversal will be nearly complete.

Yes, that’s a when, not an if, sure as Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the Krafts will relish every second of another nationally-televised laugher at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/10/13/deflategate-andrew-luck-chuck-pagano-ryan-grigson/73892286/

I wouldn't call that respect.

Until the Colts pull a win against the Patriots, it will always be the same media about the Colts. We are a good team with many flaws. Doing better with the draft and having better technique on both sides of the ball can put us forward. Until then.... get used to it, unfortunately. We are the cute team under Andrew Luck, not exactly the monster that Pagano had envisioned. Not totally Pagano's fault since he's pretty limited in what personnel changes and moves with Grigson above him. I'll be rooting for the Colts like all of us but this isn't our week. 3-3 after this weekend. Hopefully we make a good game out of it.

It's not disrepectful, the Colts have no chance.  This week the Colts have a QB coming back from injury, so he's going to be rusty, an old RB that just ran for nearly 100 yards so he probably will take a practice day for "rest",  A line that can't block the blitz and WRs and TE that cannot get separation.  They also field a D that can't hold the worst QBs in the league to under a 70% completion percentage.

So with all that they are playing the best team in the history of the NFL.  They have a QB that can throw TDs with balls inflated from 5 psi to 15 psi, a line that allowes him 6 seconds to throw on every play and a defense that, I don't think has allowed a true yard all season.  The patriots are so good their weakest spot is stronger than any other teams strongest position.

Why should the media offer respectful analysis of the game.  The Colts have no chance.

This Patriots team is hardly the best team in the history of the NFL. The Colts have a chance, to think they don't is silly. Anything and everything can happen in a game. The Patriots have lost before and will lose again, maybe not Sunday but their day will come.

I'm sick of the Pats fans patting themselves on the back (like they did anything) and calling our squad excrement. This game really is about the only opportunity the Colts have to gain some respect this regular season. They'd better be ready.

I am with you 100%. If this season is a failure and we go out in a wildcard game, i atleast want to say we beat the Pats.

This Patriots team is hardly the best team in the history of the NFL. The Colts have a chance, to think they don't is silly. Anything and everything can happen in a game. The Patriots have lost before and will lose again, maybe not Sunday but their day will come.

I guess your sarcasm detector is turned off.

Have you watched the Colts this season?  I'm not saying there's no chance... but... well... There's no chance they win this game.  They BARELY got by the AFC south teams! 

Just saying man... I really hope I am wrong but I just don't see it happening.

Are you guys kidding me?

Until this Luck Era team does something to earn some respect in a game with the Pats, forget about it!

0-4, over 100 point differential, generally playing badly...

This team deserves no respect regarding the Patriots!

Let's hope that changes this week.

GO COLTS!

I guess your sarcasm detector is turned off.

Meh maybe, I'm as sarcastic as anyone on here I didn't see sarcasm. Seemed par for the course for some posters, not necessarily this poster but in general. We will go with I'm tired. Yeah, lets stick with that.

What have the Colts done in the Luck era vs. New England to warrant any respect? They have been beaten down.... repeatedly. Should that warrant respect?

Respect is earned and the Colts have not earned an ounce of respect Vs. New England. 

The best team in the history of the NFL? You can't be serious. When the Patriots catch up to the Browns when led by Otto Graham go to 10 straight championship games and win seven of them then we can add them to the greatest ever. Just for kicks I must add that Graham also won a NBA title before playing football.

I don't care as long as tehy go out and punch the Patriots in the mouth.  It's games like this where I wish we had a James Harrison or Terrell Suggs in the lineup. 

It's games like "every week" I wish the Colts would've drafted a  guy like James Harrison or Terrell Suggs!  That is one thing the defense has lacked for YEARS.  A hard nosed, in your face, put up or shut up type of LB!  Sure we have leaders and captains on defense, but nothing like what those guys bring to the table.  Robert Mathis does a decent job being that guy, but he is missing the in your face, put up or shut up part.  He is just a talented athlete.  I just don't see him calling guys out, and holding others accountable!  Walden kind of does it also, but not nearly enough.  He doesn't let anybody bully our team

I'm sick of the Pats fans patting themselves on the back (like they did anything) and calling our squad excrement. This game really is about the only opportunity the Colts have to gain some respect this regular season. They'd better be ready.

Who has done this?

Or should we think that all Colt fans are like Gregg Doyel?

The eye test says it will be a laugher but I'm hoping this team will show some pride and put the golden boy on his back ALL game long!!! Manhandle the smallish receivers off the line, double down on Gronk and play like a bunch of crazed dogs!! Come out AGGRESSIVE on both sides of the ball!!! With that being said I have little faith under this regime because the beatings have been getting WORSE with no solution in sight. The Patriots will try to completely embarrass the Colts and until they prove that they can even make it a game respect from the media is the least of their concerns!

Here's my question...if the Colts are such a terrible franchise and joke of a team, then why is it worth the ink in the printer or the oxygen in your lungs to even talk about the game? No disrespect to the Division II schools of the world but do you think Alabama or Ohio State cares when they beat or are getting ready to play Indiana State? To hear the average Patriots fan tell it, or an unbiased media talking head the Colts have already lost the game so honestly I'm not sure why it's being played especially in primetime. Also if you really think the Colts are the reason the Patriots were caught and this game is about revenge you're beyond help. The Patriots got the Lombardi and public perception doesn't change that, it's not like slaughtering the Colts will trigger nationwide amnesia.

Disrespectful?

Patriots have been money, while we haven't beat anyone worth a darn. Bortles and Hoyer aren't comparable to Brady and the Patriots.

I'm sorry... that's just the Cold, Hard, Facts.

I think Colts can put up a respectful effort and game in limiting the run......  that said I expect Brady to fully unleash his frustrations and anger on the Colts and throw for over 500 yds.  with a big smile and wave to the crowd as he leaves...Belichick will leave Brady in the whole game and he will throw for a TD in last 2 minutes, to run up the score....

We even get disrespected by our own bloggers. I am not throwing around the words "great team" lightly. As my avatar indicates, I have been watching the great teams since Johnny U was a great quarterback. Dolphins, Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders et all. This team has players capable of greatness. I have seen it before.

He never stated that the Colts don't have players capable of being great. But basically none have proven to be great... YET. And overall our team has in no way shown it is even close to great. What he says is very much true if you step back and think about it. We've no shown well at all our last 4 match ups against the Pats, we've been utterly embarrassed to say the least. So why would you expect the media to give us a chance?

I give the colts a chance to win just like ANY NFL team but why are the "experts" all saying it isn't going to happen. Well lets first look at who each team has beaten:

PAts: Dallas (2-3), Pitt (3-2), Buffalo (3-2), Jags (1-4) total 9-9 rec

Colts: TItans (1-3), Jags (1-4), Texans (1-4) so total of 3-12

While the comman team is Buffalo which NE scored 40 on and trounced most of the game. the Colts lost and scored or even 20.

So the experts do have evidence to support their case, but this and $2 get me a nice coffee for what it is worth.

I don't think it's disrespectful for people to give Colts no chance or to forecast yet another rout. If you were a gambler would risk betting on the Colts based on what happened in the immediate past? Obviously not.

However, I do get saddened by the hate and disdain our Colts receive from the majority of people that comment on articles published by national media such as ESPN or pro football talk.

And this is actually the most surprising because up until recently I thought the Patriots are one of the most hated franchises, in part based on envy but also because of cheating scandals, by people other than their fan base. When did our Colts become so hated?