Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are All These "experts" Who Say Andrew Luck Is The Next Great Thing The Same Guys Who Said Cam Newton Would Be A Complete Bust?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who should the Colts take since you seem to not be convinced it's Luck?

Kalil, as I have repeatedly said. Rebuild the team from the inside out by continuing the long overdue work that was done this year on the lines. Develop a running game and try for another playoff run with Manning. Finally we could build a line with the best prospects available rather than a bunch of leftovers.

Just curious

those guys had good reason to doubt cam becasue he only had one year of college football starting in auburn, there were questions about his mechanics and footwork and rather he had the work ethic and intelligence to play against nfl defenses.

Kalil, as I have repeatedly said. Rebuild the team from the inside out by continuing the long overdue work that was done this year on the lines. Develop a running game and try for another playoff run with Manning. Finally we could build a line with the best available rather than a bunch of leftovers.

you do know we drafted two o-linemen last year we dont need a third

Why does everyone and their moms think Andrew Luck is the only available quarterback and that free agent backups are excluded?

name me one backup that worth picking up? you think other teams wont try to out bid us for matt flynn? you think RG3 is worth taking number 1 overall over andrew luck or taking another qb in the later rounds will be better then luck?

Kalil, as I have repeatedly said. Rebuild the team from the inside out by continuing the long overdue work that was done this year on the lines. Develop a running game and try for another playoff run with Manning. Finally we could build a line with the best prospects available rather than a bunch of leftovers.

Sorry but I don't follow your posts that close to know or care who you have repeatedly said.

Somehow I doubt Kalil will be seriously considered given they drafted 2 tackles last year.

Sorry but I don't follow your posts that close to know or care who you have repeatedly said.

Somehow I doubt Kalil will be seriously considered given they drafted 2 tackles last year.

i think my heart stopped. jskinnz didnt disagree with me

Oh that's a shame.. They are real page turners if I do say so myself. ;)

I would move one of those two tackles to guard and dump Linkenbach.

To the OP yes, as I wrote this in another thread a few days ago! I like Kalil if he was available after a trade down, Ijalana could play Guard, I have been saying this and get a lot of crap for it! Guess what everyone Polian is gone, a new GM may determine the Colts can't pass on a LT like Kalil, of course if he is sitting there after a trade down!

To the OP yes, as I wrote this in another thread a few days ago! I like Kalil if he was available after a trade down, Ijalana could play Guard, I have been saying this and get a lot of crap for it! Guess what everyone Polian is gone, a new GM may determine the Colts can't pass on a LT like Kalil, of course if he is sitting there after a trade down!

We could even trade back (Cleveland scenario again...), and possibly get Jonathan Martin at 4 and David DeCastro with Falcons pick.

Line would be:

Martin, DeCastro, Pollack, Ijalana, Castonzo

(assuming Saturday and Diem retire)

We could even trade back (Cleveland scenario again...), and possibly get Jonathan Martin at 4 and David DeCastro with Falcons pick.

Line would be:

I can certainly understand the logic behind that... but I wouldn't go Martin DeCastro... I think quality O linemen can be had later in the draft and would only take Kalil with the #4 pick!

Why do you the exclamation point? Are your thoughts on a given topic that exciting?

I think what any GM will likely do is see they have a chance to take the best QB prospect since 1983 and realize they would be a fool to pass that guy up.

Why do you the exclamation point? Are your thoughts on a given topic that exciting?

I think what any GM will likely do is see they have a chance to take the best QB prospect since 1983 and realize they would be a fool to pass that guy up.

Why do you often attack people's posts? Are you more intelligent than everyone on the forum? Bill is that you.......?

I can certainly understand the logic behind that... but I wouldn't go Martin DeCastro... I think quality O linemen can be had later in the draft and would only take Kalil with the #4 pick!

Yes, but Kalil will probably not last to #4. The only possibility I see for that would be us trading to Cleveland:

Cleveland - Luck

Rams - Blackmon

Miami or Washington (traded from Vikings) - RGIII

Colts - Kalil

Line would be:

Round One (4)- Justin Blackmon WR

Round One (25)- Mark Barron SS

Round Two (33)- Whitney Mercilus DE

Round Two (38)- Brandon Thompson NT

Round Three- Best Available WLB (Zach Brown, Lavonte David, Sean Spence)

Round Four- Amini Silatolu G

Round Five- Leonard Johnson CB

Round Five (Compensatory)- Joe Adams WR

Round Six- Marcus Zusevkis G/T

Round Seven- Case Keenum QB

Why do you often attack people's posts? Are you more intelligent than everyone on the forum? Bill is that you.......?

I asked about your use of the exclamation point and told what I think the new GM will do. If you find that offensive, you are in dire need of some thicker skin?

Yes, but Kalil will probably not last to #4. The only possibility I see for that would be us trading to Cleveland:

Cleveland - Luck

Rams - Blackmon

Miami or Washington (traded from Vikings) - RGIII

Colts - Kalil

I can dig it..

Round One (4)- Matt Kalil LT

Round One (25)- Mark Barron SS

Round Two (33)- Whitney Mercilus DE

Round Two (38)- Brandon Thompson NT

Round Three- Best Available WLB

Round Four- Leonard Johnson

Round Five- Michael Brewster C

Round Five (Compensatory)- Joe Adams WR

Round Six- Marcus Zusevkis G/T

Round Seven- Case Keenum QB

It just strikes me as funny.

The Colts should draft Ryan Kalil! They should not take Luck!

Maybe decaf will help.

It was more of I doubt he will be there after a trade down exclamation point. I don't drink coffee, I will work really hard to be as mellow and articulate, and great as you..ok Bill?

It was more of I doubt he will be there after a trade down exclamation point. I don't drink coffee, I will work really hard to be as mellow and articulate, and great as you..ok Bill?

Try? Sure, many anyone can try.

But to truly be as great as me??

That is a God-given thing. You have it or you don't.

There should be quality o-linemen in the 2nd round if we want to go that direction. Plus, we have two developing o-linemen from early in the last draft.

Have you seen Andrew Luck play? He's nothing like Cam Newton was in college - Luck is the whole package. Nothing in life is guaranteed, but there is such a thing as playing the odds, and Luck is the best choice on the board. Now whether you want to bring trade arguments into the equation is fine, but as far as pound-for-pound talent, you have to roll the dice on Luck.

There should be quality o-linemen in the 2nd round if we want to go that direction. Plus, we have two developing o-linemen from early in the last draft.

Have you seen Andrew Luck play? He's nothing like Cam Newton was in college - Luck is the whole package. Nothing in life is guaranteed, but there is such a thing as playing the odds, and Luck is the best choice on the board. Now whether you want to bring trade arguments into the equation is fine, but as far as pound-for-pound talent, you have to roll the dice on Luck.

Have you seen Decastro play? He will be the best guard in the nfl in 2 years. Luck wont even see the field for 3-4.

why does everyone and there moms think we have only one pick? or that FA is excluded from us.

Exactly What people don't realize is we pretty much have two first rounds picks. For years we have been drafting in the last 5 now we get #1 and #33. #33 is like a normal draft pick for us and our 3rd rd pick will be a good pick as well. We will get good talent in this draft not just 1st

Exactly What people don't realize is we pretty much have two first rounds picks. For years we have been drafting in the last 5 now we get #1 and #33. #33 is like a normal draft pick for us and our 3rd rd pick will be a good pick as well. We will get good talent in this draft not just 1st

It's the 34th pick. Not trying to be a :censored: or anything. We have the 34th because we alternate picks with St Louis because we finished with the same record.

It just strikes me as funny.

The Colts should draft Ryan Kalil! They should not take Luck!

Maybe decaf will help.

Not to burst your bubble, but there is no "Ryan Kalil" in this draft...and if you dont even know the correct name of the player you want us to take, have you honestly given much time to watching him play? lol

Not to burst your bubble, but there is no "Ryan Kalil" in this draft...and if you dont even know the correct name of the player you want us to take, have you honestly given much time to watching him play? lol

Go LOL yourself.

If you paid attention to the thread, I want nothing to do with Matt Kalil.

You feel better now?

Go LOL yourself.

If you paid attention to the thread, I want nothing to do with Matt Kalil.

You feel better now?

Ur not allowed to make mistakes or have typos on this forum. It means u don't know what your talking about

:sarcasm: