Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff Seeding

I'ts early days yet, but it's not looking too great playoff seeds wise... I know we haven't played so well either, raising many questions as to whether we would even deserve decent playoff seeding, but if we can start turning it around (starting this weekend) this whole season will suddenly start looking much, much brighter.

All of the other division leaders in the AFC are undefeated at the moment. With games against NE and Denver coming up, if we can somehow pull those out of the bag it would bode very well for our chances of a 1st round bye.

Call me crazy, but I think this team is starting to find it's groove. The secondary is getting healthy (Toler will need all the practice reps he can get!!!), the rush D is already so much better. If we can just find a pass rush - this D is legit.

The offense needs to continue with the game planning as if Hasselbeck were the QB when Luck returns. I sincerely hope Andrew has been taking notes while he's been on the sidelines. This team really isnt as far away from hitting on all cylinders as people may think.

Playoffs?!?! Playoffs?!?! You want to talk about playoffs?!?!

Lol i get what you're saying with the poor performances so far, but in this division.... Yeah we are making the playoffs as the 4th seed... no doubt about that.

Lol i get what you're saying with the poor performances so far, but in this division.... Yeah we are making the playoffs as the 4th seed... no doubt about that.

We need a repeat performance from the defense from last year.  Giovani Bernard still feel the hits Vontae hit him with last year.  The bad news is....AJ Green was not playing.

We need a repeat performance from the defense from last year.  Giovani Bernard still feel the hits Vontae hit him with last year.  The bad news is....AJ Green was not playing.

The good news is we don't play Cincy this year ;)

I don't think we are as bad a team as everyone here is saying. Jags are up and coming, Jets are 3-1, Bills are 3-1. 

CIN looked very human to an offence that IMO is nowhere near the talent of ours. DEN looked incredibly human as well. Their offense is struggling severely. 

Then you have NE...Well they are just NE, hate em, but they are good. It was nice to see Brady take several sacks though. Could be a vulnerability there. 

One game at a time...

way too early to talk about this.  i really dont like looking at the schedule and predicting wins or losses weeks in advance.

it is incredibly hard to predict future outcomes with this team.    they lose, or play a very close game when they are favored by more than a TD, and they win when they are the underdog (texans were favored by 4)

Surprisingly we have a shot to be not as terrible as I thought. The Broncos offense is beyond terrible; they struggled against the Raiders of all teams. May have a shot to beat them in our game but we still look like a 9-7 team. Panthers and Patriots are a tough match. Who knows how Miami will look, even with the coaching drama. And the Saints and Bucs could surprise us.

We're looking at a 4th seed no matter what IMO. Both wildcard teams will be 8-8 is my guess. It'll look like

1. Patriots

2. Bengals

3.Broncos

4. Colts

WC

Jets

Bills

We havent hit our stride

If we are lucky with injury, and can win the games we should, we can come in to the playoffs ok.

If the cylinders are all runiing, we can beat everyone in the AFC.

The only exception..... the Patriots

Hate them, want to see them stepped on like a bug, wish Brady the worst luck........

But

They are in a whole different class.  

All cheating aside...... there isnt a better coach in the NFL than Bill B. 

Brady is looking amazing (I just threw up in my mouth...) But its true

We dont seem to have the answer

We COULD beat anyone in the NFL, if Luck is on his game........ and we are injury free

I just dont see us going by the Pats..... not this year

Honestly, this game against the Patriots and the one against the Broncos will likely decide playoff seeding. This was the case last year. Colts lost the Steelers, Broncos and Patriots games and that was the difference in playoff seeding. Expect it to be the same this year.

Doesn't really matter. Just win the division and be playing your best football in December. That said, I'd love a favorable wild card round matchup, folliwed by a visit to see Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton in January. This isn't the first time the Bengals were all the hype the first month of the season.

No need to toss out an insult, sir.  The OP may be unrealistic/highly optimistic, but calling a fellow Colts fan crazy?  Unacceptable.

You Are Crazy. We've played awful teams and still given up almost 1000 yards in the last two games. We have no pass rush, no pass defense and any top team would bend us over the table, at the moment.

I don't think we are as bad a team as everyone here is saying. Jags are up and coming, Jets are 3-1, Bills are 3-1. 

CIN looked very human to an offence that IMO is nowhere near the talent of ours. DEN looked incredibly human as well. Their offense is struggling severely. 

Then you have NE...Well they are just NE, hate em, but they are good. It was nice to see Brady take several sacks though. Could be a vulnerability there. 

One game at a time...

Dungy was always fond of saying, "You're never as good as you look when you win and you're never as bad as you look when you lose."  And I think that applies to the Colts this year, in particular.

I'ts early days yet, but it's not looking too great playoff seeds wise... I know we haven't played so well either, raising many questions as to whether we would even deserve decent playoff seeding, but if we can start turning it around (starting this weekend) this whole season will suddenly start looking much, much brighter.

All of the other division leaders in the AFC are undefeated at the moment. With games against NE and Denver coming up, if we can somehow pull those out of the bag it would bode very well for our chances of a 1st round bye.

Call me crazy, but I think this team is starting to find it's groove. The secondary is getting healthy (Toler will need all the practice reps he can get!!!), the rush D is already so much better. If we can just find a pass rush - this D is legit.

The offense needs to continue with the game planning as if Hasselbeck were the QB when Luck returns. I sincerely hope Andrew has been taking notes while he's been on the sidelines. This team really isnt as far away from hitting on all cylinders as people may think.

I love when people say "call me crazy" and then say something totally crazy.  But gotta love your optimism.  I'm a Patriots fan (full disclosure) and I gotta say, I go to a lot of opponents boards the week before to see what is posted and yours is by far the best.  Respectful and for the most part realistic.  Not like Dallas.  They're nuts.