Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do the Colts Practice Today?

cjwhiskers

When the team plays on Sunday,  normally Monday and Tuesday are off days.

But since we played last Thursday, I think everyone will be at the facility today and tomorrow.

That said,   I don't think we're in pads and I don't think we're hitting.

That is saved for Wed-Fri.

Today and tomorrow are likely film study,  weight work,  possible walk-thru.     That type of thing.    But no contact.

I think that's the way this plays out.

When the team plays on Sunday,  normally Monday and Tuesday are off days.

But since we played last Thursday, I think everyone will be at the facility today and tomorrow.

That said,   I don't think we're in pads and I don't think we're hitting.

That is saved for Wed-Fri.

Today and tomorrow are likely film study,  weight work,  possible walk-thru.     That type of thing.    But no contact.

I think that's the way this plays out.

I thought they come in for study on Monday normally and Tuesday is their regular day off?  I know Dungy used to give them Monday off after win from November on.

I thought they come in for study on Monday normally and Tuesday is their regular day off?  I know Dungy used to give them Monday off after win from November on.

Monday is a short day....   you come in and watch the game tape from game the day before.

Anything else you do that day is "strictly voluntary"...    but I think technically speaking,  the rest of the day is a day off for the players to do whatever they want.     But what they want to do is soak in a cold tub and a hot tub...  and lift weights and maybe watch some film on the upcoming opponent.     But I think that much more voluntary than mandatory.

At least that's how it was when I covered the Rams and Raiders in the 80's and 90's.

Monday is a short day....   you come in and watch the game tape from game the day before.

Anything else you do that day is "strictly voluntary"...    but I think technically speaking,  the rest of the day is a day off for the players to do whatever they want.     But what they want to do is soak in a cold tub and a hot tub...  and lift weights and maybe watch some film on the upcoming opponent.     But I think that much more voluntary than mandatory.

At least that's how it was when I covered the Rams and Raiders in the 80's and 90's.

Makes sense.  Me, I think I'd be playing golf!  Yes, I'd never make all pro.   haha