Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Case Kenum?

It's harder for the short QB to win the Super Bowl. Everybody is taller these days...so Kenum has his work cut out for him.

Average height of Super Bowl winning QB's by decade:

1960's: 6'1

1970's: 6'2 1/2

1980's: 6'2 1/2

1990's: 6'3

2000's: 6'4 1/2

The league as a whole is getting taller. I think the point with QB is the vision, it's pretty tough to see over the lineman and up field if everyone is taller than you.

System qb for Keenum. You do know when he missed almost the whole season prior to this one they were like 5 and 7. This year lost one game. Sounds like the must of changed the system for the backup when he got hurt.

College and NFL are two completely different games. Alot of stuff that works in college can't work in the NFL because of the overall upgrade in talent. Simpler offenses don't suceed over time in the NFL(Tebow is already getting figured out and because of his one-dimensional offense it won't work for long). It has been proven time and time again. Keenum is very good in that system, which is made to cater to his strengths, but as an NFL QB it wouldn't work. I am not saying Keenum has no chance of turning into a decent NFL QB, it's certainly possible, but it's a huge risk and not one I would replace Manning with.

It is very hard to find a good QB in the NFL and these days almost a neccesity to win a championship. It would be completely *ic to make a guy who looks to be a back up in the NFL as the future of this franchise. I thought we learned that this season, but apparently not. You have to realize even the bad QBs in the NFL looked good in college.

Maybe you should read your own post before saying I didn't read the whole thing. I even reposted it here for you. Nowhere in that post does it say "anyone", in fact you even bolded and underlined "Luck could be a bust". Wow! you call me hypocrite and don't even know what you posted. BTW, in the context I put my question, it is NOT hypocrisy. Maybe you should learn a little about context.

I know what I said bottom line is this thread IS NOT ABOUT LUCK its about Case if he could be late round steal Lucks. Gone we traded the pick that's what's this thread was for so I'm done arguing about luck have a nice day

College and NFL are two completely different games. Alot of stuff that works in college can't work in the NFL because of the overall upgrade in talent. Simpler offenses don't suceed over time in the NFL(Tebow is already getting figured out and because of his one-dimensional offense it won't work for long). It has been proven time and time again. Keenum is very good in that system, which is made to cater to his strengths, but as an NFL QB it wouldn't work. I am not saying Keenum has no chance of turning into a decent NFL QB, it's certainly possible, but it's a huge risk and not one I would replace Manning with.

It is very hard to find a good QB in the NFL and these days almost a neccesity to win a championship. It would be completely *ic to make a guy who looks to be a back up in the NFL as the future of this franchise. I thought we learned that this season, but apparently not. You have to realize even the bad QBs in the NFL looked good in college.

non one has said that the colts are going to turn things over to kenum. people are saying it's worth a late round shot. they may get lucky.

non one has said that the colts are going to turn things over to kenum. people are saying it's worth a late round shot. they may get lucky.

If the Colts needed a back up QB and not some one to take over for Manning I would be all for it. Unfortunately that is not the case. The Colts need a solid QB to take over the reigns when Manning retires, which could be much sooner than people think.

How about we just trade Luck for a load of picks and draft all the NEXT best QBs in this years draft??? One of them is bound to be a future great :facepalm:. That'd the only way to go, then we just lock them in a cage throw a steak in and let them fight to the death over it. The sole survivor, or victor I should say, will be the next future great for the Colts.

It's harder for the short QB to win the Super Bowl. Everybody is taller these days...so Kenum has his work cut out for him.

Average height of Super Bowl winning QB's by decade:

1960's: 6'1

1970's: 6'2 1/2

1980's: 6'2 1/2

1990's: 6'3

2000's: 6'4 1/2

Oh in that case Luck is out of the picture. Hes half an inch to short.

Sorry bro but that is one of the dumbest stats ive seen someone pull up. Are we supposed to ignore the last 2 SB MVPs? Brees who is 6'0 and Rodgers who is 6'2?

Sorry bro but that is one of the dumbest stats ive seen someone pull up. Are we supposed to ignore the last 2 SB MVPs? Brees who is 6'0 and Rodgers who is 6'2?

No we're not. It was never said to begin with that we were supposed to ignore them so I don't get why you might think people are. If anything that statistic is saying that as the athletes get bigger stronger and faster overtime that it will show up in the stats. Nobody ever said shorter than average QB can't win a Super Bowl.

No we're not. It was never said to begin with that we were supposed to ignore them so I don't get why you might think people are. If anything that statistic is saying that as the athletes get bigger stronger and faster overtime that it will show up in the stats. Nobody ever said shorter than average QB can't win a Super Bowl.

Thank you. That's exactly all I'm saying.

In the past decade, Peyton, Eli, Brady, Big Ben, Dilfer, Johnson, are all right at the ideal height or taller. So, that's 6 to your 2. Brees and Rodgers won 1 each, and the "tall" guys won a total of 9. Brees and Rodgers were also taken in the 1st round and Kenum will be taken in the 5th or 6th. Whatever stat you pull, doesn't give Kenum any hope to win a Super Bowl, just a backup.