Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Case Kenum?

Just wanted to get yalls opinion on him. Lets say we trade the #1 pick and DON'T get Luck, how would yall feel about picking him up about the 4th and let him sit and learn behind Manning. He's said to lack physical skill to be an early draft pick but has great approach to the game and mental intangibles.

This all of course assuming Manning back healthy and trading the #1 pick(Luck)

Kenum is 6'2 210 6th yr. Senior age 23(will be 24 come draft time)

Me personally wants Jones(biased I'll admit it) but looks like he'll be returning to OU.

Thoughts?(please don't turn this a pro luck vs. Non-pro Luck)

NO! Luck is the only QB that we can take and still have a prayer at ever being competitive in the future. Point blank. Period. To suggest taking another QB shows that you are either vastly uninformed or are secretly trying to sabotage the Colts franchise. We shouldn't be thinking about other QBs. If we don't take Luck, we are doomed to decades of failure. He is destined to be the next Unitas, Elway, and Manning all rolled into one...only better. Take your Case Keenum garbage elsewhere.

:sarcasm: by the way.

I like Keenum a lot but I don't think he's as good as advertised. He played against below average defenses all year. He really didn't play against any competition this year either.

he absolutely torched a very good penn state defense (4th best i the ncaa!). that was his only real test, but you can only play the cards that are dealt you and he did very well.

Just wanted to get yalls opinion on him. Lets say we trade the #1 pick and DON'T get Luck, how would yall feel about picking him up about the 4th and let him sit and learn behind Manning. He's said to lack physical skill to be an early draft pick but has great approach to the game and mental intangibles.

Me personally wants Jones(biased I'll admit it) but looks like he'll be returning to OU.

i really like him also as a late round pick. there isn't anything to lose and a lot to gain. since i think manning will be healthy and play for 4 more years, i would definitely take him with a late round pick.you can always get lucky. the problem is his height (always exaggerated in all sports until the combine), the system he plays in, and consistent level of competition.

I am stating how Luck didn't face great defensive units either. Can you let your unreal man crush on Luck go bro?

Are you trying to say Luck and Keenum are on the same level? Similar numbers, both played, you say, against bad Ds... What do you think?

Are you trying to say Luck and Keenum are on the same level? Similar numbers, both played, you say, against bad Ds... What do you think?

Not even close to saying that! Luck is the better ready NFL prospect.. I love the Keenum selection to learn under Manning! Nothing to lose on a 6th or 7th round kid!

Not even close to saying that! Luck is the better ready NFL prospect.. I love the Keenum selection to learn under Manning! Nothing to lose on a 6th or 7th round kid!

But if they both put up good numbers vs bad Ds, then either Luck is nowhere near good enough to be #1 or Keenum is way too good to be rd 6/7? Considering King Curtis was rd 6

But if they both put up good numbers vs bad Ds, then either Luck is nowhere near good enough to be #1 or Keenum is way too good to be rd 6/7? Considering King Curtis was rd 6

CBS big board has Keenum a mid to late 200 something draft pick.. thats round 6 or 7. That's why I suggested getting him late.

CBS big board has Keenum a mid to late 200 something draft pick.. thats round 6 or 7. That's why I suggested getting him late.

I like CBS big board actually. For the record I'm not against drafting Keenum, I'd just rather we draft Luck. Though if Manning leaves may as well grab both...

Can anyone say......Colt Brennen?

Just because a college QB has a high passing efficiency don't mean he's going to be good in the NFL. There is a lot more that goes into grading a QB prospect.

just because someone is highly graded doesn't mean they will be a top qb. grading college qb is by far the toughest thing to do. that's why more great qb's have not been drafted #1 than have.

just because someone is highly graded doesn't mean they will be a top qb. grading college qb is by far the toughest thing to do. that's why more great qb's have not been drafted #1 than have.

I agree completely, but my point is that I think a lot of people see a college QB's stats and automatically think that the kid will be awesome in the NFL too. That was my point in bringing up Colt Brennan, many people seen him play in college and all the records he set and thought he was gonna be an all time great, but virtually every NFL scout and GM said that his skills would not transfer to the NFL and they were right.

I agree completely, but my point is that I think a lot of people see a college QB's stats and automatically think that the kid will be awesome in the NFL too. That was my point in bringing up Colt Brennan, many people seen him play in college and all the records he set and thought he was gonna be an all time great, but virtually every NFL scout and GM said that his skills would not transfer to the NFL and they were right.

that's not how i took the OP. it just said he was worth a late round pick.

For the record I didn't look at just his stats I saw what he did to Penn State a really good D top 5 I believe. I'm not saying he'll be awesome what I'm saying is he could possibly be a late round steal cause he would be able to learn from the greatest PM

And for the 4th being too early I don't think so after the Penn St. Game and if he has good combine 4th maybe 5th should be just rightbut hey I've been wrong before

For the record I didn't look at just his stats I saw what he did to Penn State a really good D top 5 I believe. I'm not saying he'll be awesome what I'm saying is he could possibly be a late round steal cause he would be able to learn from the greatest PM

And for the 4th being too early I don't think so after the Penn St. Game and if he has good combine 4th maybe 5th should be just rightbut hey I've been wrong before

I still really like the pick!

I still really like the pick!

Me too like I said rather have Landrybut looks like he's returning to OU and since most feel Luck is too good to sit and learn I feel he could be late round steal cause he would learned from the greatest but this of course all depends on Peyton being healthy(which my guy feeling is he will)

he absolutely torched a very good penn state defense (4th best i the ncaa!). that was his only real test, but you can only play the cards that are dealt you and he did very well.

Those rankings don't mean anything.. Name one other good passing team they faced that they shut down? The big 10 had a bunch of inept offenses this year.

Sort of like Luck?

Because USC, Notre Dame, Oregon and Cal are below average defenses.....You might want to check that again. I don't think you get what a below average defense is.

Landry didn't impress during the 2nd half the season. He obviously was crippled Ryan Broyles went down and it showed how much he truly needed Broyles. I still think he has a chance to be a good QB, but after this season he should return to OU. I would not draft him with a high pick if he came out this year

Because USC, Notre Dame, Oregon and Cal are below average defenses.....You might want to check that again. I don't think you get what a below average defense is.

Landry didn't impress during the 2nd half the season. He obviously was crippled Ryan Broyles went down and it showed how much he truly needed Broyles. I still think he has a chance to be a good QB, but after this season he should return to OU. I would not draft him with a high pick if he came out this year

Really? Oregon is a good defense.. how about Cal? Yeah Notre Dame has a reputation of having a good defense, I watched them get gashed by air force! USC has some good pieces, but do any of those defenses compare to Penn State's defense? One of the tops in the country..

Really? Oregon is a good defense.. how about Cal? Yeah Notre Dame has a reputation of having a good defense, I watched them get gashed by air force! USC has some good pieces, but do any of those defenses compare to Penn State's defense? One of the tops in the country..

Actually they do. Oregon is one of the top defenses in INTs, USC is another one of the top teams in Sacks and seeing how Luck faced on avg higher ranked defenses than Keenum ever did, He has faced better competition. Cal does have a good defense. It's actually ranked right before Stanford in total defense. Luck has faced some good defenses.

Drafting Keenum is just treading water until you find a great QB. There are exceptions, but for the most part you have to have a GREAT QB to win a Super Bowl and Keenum is a backup. Luck has the chance to be GREAT. I know because every scouting report says so.

Drafting Keenum is just treading water until you find a great QB. There are exceptions, but for the most part you have to have a GREAT QB to win a Super Bowl and Keenum is a backup. Luck has the chance to be GREAT. I know because every scouting report says so.

Trolling?

To those who are saying no cause of Luck I said WE TRADE THE #1 PICK AND DONT TAKE LUCK IN OTHER WORDS LUCK IS NOT AN OPTION. This is about if Case could be a late round steal by sitting and learning from Manning ala The Greastest. So please enough of the Luck talk Lucks for Losers lol(Thats kinda a motto a live by so yea.)

you know kenam will be a back up? you should be a nfl gm!

what did every scouting report say about tom brady, joe montana, dan marino, john unitas, bret favre, etc. there were many qb's drafted before them so saying "I know because every scouting report says so" isn't much to rely on.

Bro Really? NOONE and I mean NOONE in college is a GREAT Player in the NFL Until they you know PLAY A FREAKING SNAP, GAME, SEASON, CAREER. Yes INCLUDING Luck he's NOT I repeat NOT a Great QB in the NFL. Painter was projected to be a 1st or high 2nd round pick if he came out his Junior well we all know the story. Jamarcus Russell rember him? Was a CANT MISS QB What happened to him? So again I say NO1 IS GREAT In the NFL when THEY HAVENT EVEN PLAYED IN THE NFL

Well, why don't we see who ends up being right. Irsay will hire a smart up and coming GM and together they will decide. If they forego Luck and grab Keenum then you guys are the Lottery winners. But I bet the new GM picks Luck, like I would. So, don't call me a troll.

Well, why don't we see who ends up being right. Irsay will hire a smart up and coming GM and together they will decide. If they forego Luck and grab Keenum then you guys are the Lottery winners. But I bet the new GM picks Luck, like I would. So, don't call me a troll.

We don't know anything. Just because every scout says Luck will be great doesn't mean he is great. For all we know Luck could be bad, Keenum could be great. RGII wins 5 superbowls and Kirk Cousins goes to 12 straight pro bowls. We don't know anything when it comes to what they will be. All we can do is speculate. Every player has a chance to be great, but it doesn't mean they will become great.

Im not saying Kenum is gonna be a Great Im saying he COULD be a late round to steal TO SIT AND LEARN FROM PM. Just like Im saying Luck COULD OR COULDNT be great he could be a BUST Yes I said it LUCK COULD BE A BUST and Kenum could be a Multi-Time SB Champ. If you could get off Luck for a sec you would understand Luck is NOT I repeat NOT the once in generation player because they say about a player every few yrs. Media over exgrasts ex. Rodgers unheard #'s they've been heard of before by Brady and Yes PEYTON MANNING.

Im not saying Kenum is gonna be a Great Im saying he COULD be a late round to steal TO SIT AND LEARN FROM PM. Just like Im saying Luck COULD OR COULDNT be great he could be a BUST Yes I said it LUCK COULD BE A BUST and Kenum could be a Multi-Time SB Champ. If you could get off Luck for a sec you would understand Luck is NOT I repeat NOT the once in generation player because they say about a player every few yrs. Media over exgrasts ex. Rodgers unheard #'s they've been heard of before by Brady and Yes PEYTON MANNING.

Why on earth do people use the "Luck could be a bust" argument? That is the lamest attempt of trying to win an argument I've ever seen, not to mention one that way too many people here try to use. Its an absolutely ridiculous statement. Any player could be a bust and everybody knows that. You could trade the pick for 4 more picks and pick up 4 busts. Is that a great argument to those who want to trade the pick?

Keenum is a system QB, not even close to Luck or RGIII for that matter. I seriously doubt we draft two QBs this year, there are too many holes on this team.

System qb for Keenum. You do know when he missed almost the whole season prior to this one they were like 5 and 7. This year lost one game. Sounds like the must of changed the system for the backup when he got hurt.

Why on earth do people use the "Luck could be a bust" argument? That is the lamest attempt of trying to win an argument I've ever seen, not to mention one that way too many people here try to use. Its an absolutely ridiculous statement. Any player couldand be a bust and everybody knows that. You could trade the pick for 4 more picks and pick up 4 busts. Is that a great argument to those who want to trade the pick?

try reading the whole statement I said anyone could be a bust INCLUDING luck I didn't just say luck read the WHOLE thing next time. And saying using the luck can be must argument is stupid but yet you use the picks can be bust argument hypocrite much?

try reading the whole statement I said anyone could be a bust INCLUDING luck I didn't just say luck read the WHOLE thing next time. And saying using the luck can be must argument is stupid but yet you use the picks can be bust argument hypocrite much?

Maybe you should read your own post before saying I didn't read the whole thing. I even reposted it here for you. Nowhere in that post does it say "anyone", in fact you even bolded and underlined "Luck could be a bust". Wow! you call me hypocrite and don't even know what you posted. BTW, in the context I put my question, it is NOT hypocrisy. Maybe you should learn a little about context.