Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

David Parry (Merge)

COLTSFAN12to13

Jim Burt hmmm. I never seen him play as he was way before my time, so it is a comparison I can't make. Interesting side note is I am pretty sure he started the Gatorade Shower after a win though. Or at least my high school coach said he did as a friendly way to get back at Bill Parcells after he made him do a heavy workout or something like that. First time I heard the name Jim Burt since high school haha, oh the memories.

Who??

Burt was a DT for the Simms era Giants.

His most notable play was probably the one where he waffled Joe Montana and if I remember right...knocked him out of the playoffs. But he was an especially nasty run stuffer and overall a really disruptive inside player, and Parry has a very similar build and flashes a similar skill set.

Hey...if Parry winds up close to what Jim Burt was for the Giants, that's a very good thing for the D-line. :)

Jim Burt hmmm. I never seen him play as he was way before my time, so it is a comparison I can't make. Interesting side note is I am pretty sure he started the Gatorade Shower after a win though. Or at least my high school coach said he did as a friendly way to get back at Bill Parcells after he made him do a heavy workout or something like that. First time I heard the name Jim Burt since high school haha, oh the memories.

I hate to admit this but I watched Jim Burt growing up and Simms right!

By Phil Simms who said something like "couldn't move him with a tractor".

First time I sawy Parry play Jim Burt was the first guy I thought of in comparison. Low center of gravity. Give you maximum effort. He's doing a good job.

1:55-2:05....Joe Montana say hello to Jim Burt

I just think its funny.  Goes along with our laughs about Ty Varga mandatorily being compared only to the few other Caucasian running backs over the last 30 years (reminds me of Craig James).  There are 28 DL's more recent that compare to Parry but Jim Burt fits the medias unstated "requirement."  Ha. 

I just think its funny. Goes along with our laughs about Ty Varga mandatorily being compared only to the few other Caucasian running backs over the last 30 years (reminds me of Craig James). There are 28 DL's more recent that compare to Parry but Jim Burt fits the medias unstated "requirement." Ha.

Or maybe it has something to with the fact that Phil Simms played with Burt so it's the easiest comparison for him to make... Also, it's pretty accurate.

Or maybe it has something to with the fact that Phil Simms played with Burt so it's the easiest comparison for him to make... Also, it's pretty accurate.

No quarrel here.  I could completely agree with you.  Or, I could completely agree with the unwritten comparison rule.  Either way, good stuff.  Cheers.

I hope people who give out All Rookie team honors pay attention to Parry and Anderson.  I know it's just recognition, but man those guys are playing hard.  The D's overall stats are terrible, but those two are not the reason.  Our OLB play is non existent, and our inside LB play is so so outside of a resurgent DQ.  

Anderson and Parry are both playing awesome. I am sure they are really comfortable playing next to each other since they have for a few years now.  I hope they both stay healthy and contiue to play well.  I wonder what happens to Art Jones next year?  Doesn't Art and Henry play the same position? 

Question while on this topic. . . Why did they at several times last night pull Parry on 3rd and short.

I understand he might not be the best pass rusher. . . although I'm not sure who the guy who's replacing him has done anything either.  But on 3rd and short they could still run the ball.

Question while on this topic. . . Why did they at several times last night pull Parry on 3rd and short.

I understand he might not be the best pass rusher. . . although I'm not sure who the guy who's replacing him has done anything either. But on 3rd and short they could still run the ball.

Well, it was Winn and Kerr (I believe) who stuffed Mallett on the sneak.

Anderson and Parry are both playing awesome. I am sure they are really comfortable playing next to each other since they have for a few years now.  I hope they both stay healthy and contiue to play well.  I wonder what happens to Art Jones next year?  Doesn't Art and Henry play the same position? 

Regarding Jones, I think we ask him to take a pay cut after this season and if he doesn't want to then he's gone.  Although i would love for him to say yes to taking a pay cut and come back to play like we all know he can.  It'd be the first time in a long time I would be pleased with the DL top to bottom

Amazing Grigson could get 2 lineman right despite his OBVIOUS lack of football knowledge.

Lol.

No matter how bad you are, you will hit on a player. This isn't all about his drafting abilities, or his scouting abilities. There is a real issue behind the scenes, which laughing about wont change, nor will anyone's complaining.

No matter how bad you are, you will hit on a player. This isn't all about his drafting abilities, or his scouting abilities. There is a real issue behind the scenes, which laughing about wont change, nor will anyone's complaining.

No matter how good you are, you will miss on a player. This isn't about the speculation of issues behind the scenes. He has a great scouting team and he drafts well, which assumptive criticism won't change, nor will anyone's support.   :thmup:

This guy is freakin awesome. Seriously looks like one of the best 3-4 DTs in the whole NFL right now.

Yeah, all we heard before the game, other than the QB issues, was how much of a wrecking ball JJ Watt and Clowney would be last night....yet, niether were much of a challenge and our 2 DL rookies had better games.

Honestly this draft might save Grigson his job as much as alot of us want him gone

Yeah he's had two absolutely stellar drafts ('12 and the most recent draft) and that's huge for an organization.

While the Jags and Texans are not juggernauts, with how important the QB position is in this league, the Colts have shown a tremendous amount of quality depth to win 2 games (1 on the road off a very short week) with a backup QB and one of the most decimated secondaries in the league.