Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock Draft 1.0

Team Needs: QB, CB, DT, WR, OG, LB

With the 1st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

- The quarterback of the future for the Colts. I am hoping Peyton could mentor him for a season or two and then let Luck takeover after Manning retires. This kid is a pro ready quarterback with fantastic accuracy and a good arm.

With the 33rd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

- Our corner back position is awful. Kevin Thomas has been a bust, Jacob Lacey cant cover, Chris Rucker needs work but he is a rookie so I wont give him much criticism. Once Kelvin Hayden left, the secondary has been going on a downfall. Stephon Gilmore has good size (6'1) who can cover deep tall threat receivers. Will provide an instant upgrade to our secondary.

With the 64th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami

- This kid is going to be a future NFL Star. With Wayne most likely leaving Indianapolis next season, there will be a big hole for the wide receiver position. Garcon is Mr. Butterhands and Collie is a slot receiver, not a wideout. Streeter, who is also from Miami, is a tall, fast, physical receiver, who put up average stats in his junior season. Luck/Manning will have a new favorite target with Tommy Streeter.

With the 96th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Sean Spence, OLB, Miami

- Another Miami prospect in my mock draft. The Colts linebacker core has been pretty average this season. Pat Angerer having a monster year. Kavell Conner has been decent and Wheeler has been above average. That being said, the linebacker core can provide an upgrade as well. Sean Spence is a good linebacker that can provide an upgrade over Wheeler.

With the 127th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select DaJohn Harris, DT, USC

- The defensive tackle position is pretty weak. Moala has been playing below average and both Nevis and Foster has been dealing with injuries. DaJohn Harris is a tall (6'4) big guy who can stop the run a lot better than most of them I listed before.

With the 159th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

- We can always need another upgrade at the corner back position here.

With the 190th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Antonie McClain, OG, Clemson

- McClain is my late round steal in this draft class, he is smart, has good height, and proceeds well in blocking situations.

Bob wasn't solid by any means lol

When he did play he was solid. Solid enough to get defensive player of the year. He might not have played a lot, but when he did there was an impact.

I'm not feeling Streeter in the 3rd round. I don't believe he is worth a 3rd round pick. I honestly see him as a 5th rounder and maybe if he is lucky work his way into the 4th after the combine.

Team Needs: QB, CB, DT, WR, OG, LB

With the 1st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

- The quarterback of the future for the Colts. I am hoping Peyton could mentor him for a season or two and then let Luck takeover after Manning retires. This kid is a pro ready quarterback with fantastic accuracy and a good arm.

With the 33rd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

- Our corner back position is awful. Kevin Thomas has been a bust, Jacob Lacey cant cover, Chris Rucker needs work but he is a rookie so I wont give him much criticism. Once Kelvin Hayden left, the secondary has been going on a downfall. Stephon Gilmore has good size (6'1) who can cover deep tall threat receivers. Will provide an instant upgrade to our secondary.

With the 64th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami

- This kid is going to be a future NFL Star. With Wayne most likely leaving Indianapolis next season, there will be a big hole for the wide receiver position. Garcon is Mr. Butterhands and Collie is a slot receiver, not a wideout. Streeter, who is also from Miami, is a tall, fast, physical receiver, who put up average stats in his junior season. Luck/Manning will have a new favorite target with Tommy Streeter.

With the 96th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Sean Spence, OLB, Miami

- Another Miami prospect in my mock draft. The Colts linebacker core has been pretty average this season. Pat Angerer having a monster year. Kavell Conner has been decent and Wheeler has been above average. That being said, the linebacker core can provide an upgrade as well. Sean Spence is a good linebacker that can provide an upgrade over Wheeler.

With the 127th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select DaJohn Harris, DT, USC

- The defensive tackle position is pretty weak. Moala has been playing below average and both Nevis and Foster has been dealing with injuries. DaJohn Harris is a tall (6'4) big guy who can stop the run a lot better than most of them I listed before.

With the 159th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

- We can always need another upgrade at the corner back position here.

With the 190th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Antonie McClain, OG, Clemson

- McClain is my late round steal in this draft class, he is smart, has good height, and proceeds well in blocking situations.

Kevin Thomas is essentially a rookie. To early to call a bust. But the CB position is needed. Gilmore is a good choice. Unless a Kirkpatrick or Dennard slide.

Im not sold on Streeter. I still think he should have returned for his senior year. He runs poor routes and tends to body catch balls that he shouldnt. I think Fleener would make a bigger impact in the receiving game, even if it is from the TE spot. Or if they want to go WR a Nick Toon, Marvin Mcnutt or Ryan Broyles (depending on injury) are better choices.

I like Spence, however i doubt he will be there in the 4th. If he is then take him but that is unlikely. Keenan Robinson is another solid OLB who is projected around this time if they feel they want to go OLB.

Dont know Harris. If the Colts want a quality interior Dline this year it should be done in FA, with the exception of a couple first rounders I dont see any impact DTs in this draft.

Hayward will not be there at 6. He is projected around 2-4. With 4 being a strech. But he is a solid DB

I havn't watched McClain play but we do need a guard. I would have liked to take one sooner then 7th round though.

Minor correction: Rams have 33rd pick and Colts have 34th. These two teams alternate positions at the top of each successive round because they tied for the worst record.

Solid draft, but I think Stephon Gilmore at 34 is a bit of a reach. If the Colts go CB in the 2nd round, I'd prefer Janoris Jenkins or Chase Minnifield.

Minor correction: Rams have 33rd pick and Colts have 34th. These two teams alternate positions at the top of each successive round because they tied for the worst record.

Solid draft, but I think Stephon Gilmore at 34 is a bit of a reach. If the Colts go CB in the 2nd round, I'd prefer Janoris Jenkins or Chase Minnifield.

God no. Stay far away from Janoris Jenkins. Stay far away from him like the plague. Getting kicked from Florida = Bad sign. He's got a track record for being trouble and isn't worth the headache.

God no. Stay far away from Janoris Jenkins. Stay far away from him like the plague. Getting kicked from Florida = Bad sign. He's got a track record for being trouble and isn't worth the headache.

Good point. He's a 1st round caliber athlete, but he got arrested several times for marijuana possession. If he slides into the 2nd round, would the Colts take a chance on a shut-down corner who likes to smoke weed? Probably not. Maybe the Bengals.

R1 Andrew Luck QB -- He is going to be as good or maybe better then Peyton Manning (Don't Hate Its The Truth) JK but he is going to be One Good QB and with 2-3 years under Manning makes him that much better.

R2 Dre Kirkpatrick CB-- He is already better then powers But he is projected to be the 10th over all pick but stranger things have happened, if not there I like Brandon Thompson DT he is probably the best run stopper in the draft and is projected in the to be a 2 round pick

R3 Ryan Broyles WR -- He is just like a Garson with hands

R4 Mike Brewster C -- I don't know how much longer Saturday is going to be in the NFL but Brewster is going to be a very good center some day and he is the best one in the draft

R4 comp. Sean Spence OLB -- With Brackett always hurt and wheeler kind of sucks this guy would be a great 4th OLB and will probably be a 3rd LB most of the time

R5 Matt Reynolds OT -- He had a bad injury filled year and had a few games were he came back not ready. Last year he was projected to be a top 10 pick and slid this year

R6 Ryan Miller OG -- He is a freaking monster 6'8" and 340 lbs no one is going to get past him he is a really good G and one of my favorite players

R7 Bobby Rainey HB -- He is the fastest player I have ever seen i can only describe him as Darren Sproles

R7 comp. Donyae Coleman S -- You may say we need to Get a SS sooner but with this guy we don't he's a friggin animal he is a some day probowler i really want him here

I think most of our picks need to be used on needs, unless we are going to dip into free agency and with the cap issues and needing to resign alot of key veterans I think that could be tough. Would love to see Mark Barron of Alabama fall to us for our 2nd pick, but he is really the only SS who is projected anywhere near the top of the draft and I feel will be taken sometime in the middle/late first round. I think trading up for a guy doesn't make alot of sense in our case when we need as many picks as we can as their are obvious voids in alot of positions.