Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots pre-game thread -- Week 6 (merge)

Dark_Indy

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just gave him a big extension too this season. He is up and down this season and that is kind of his MO. He can be great or not good. I felt kind of the same with Matt Light at times. I wonder if this season has more to with the 3 rooks in the interior. Perhaps he is feeling more pressure? Not sure. But he has been off his game. He also got hurt yesterday so I am hoping he is Ok.

Right elbow injury

The pompous pats fans....

They seem to come here just looking for a fight, They are smug about their cheating and accredit it gamesmanship.

They got embarrassed twice by the Giants and it both cases Brady was outspoken they would win.

Rest assured there are no role models on that team and Brady's imprimatur and behavior is a cautionary tale

All I can say is that the Pats are one the greatest choke artists in NFL history and I am proud to back a team that was in an 18 point hole only to come back and smack them in the face and take the superbowl away from them.

If it wasnt for boneheaded decisions by Seattle it would have been the 12th season without a title for them but as it would work out Satan loves the pats so enjoy that one

The stigma of cheating will never leave the door of the patriots and they cheat so brashly their fans just drink the Kool Aid one cup after another with no remorse. Win at any costs, with no regard to ethics or morality.

The day will come when the pats will once again be bottom dwellers so let see how brash they will be then.

Embarrassed by the Giants?

They lost both games by a total of what, 8 points?

No, being embarrassed is losing by 40 or so like the Broncos did two years ago.

Fact is, the Patriots have the top, or top 3, dynasty in NFL history. *

I honestly hope Luck doesn't play. It's not to make any excuses for a loss. The Pats are 100 times better with or without Luck. I'm just looking at the future and there's no way Luck is 100% right now. We would have to ask to much from him in this game and he would kill himself doing it. I don't want to see him going to IR especially early in this game.

I dont knownhow some of you guys can possibly enjoy being Colts fans.

What happened to hope?

It just seemed to flutter out of the window... I wonder how we would have reacted to the Colts of the 90s on here...

I look at like this: almost every Cubs fan I know, has always had hope, regardless of how futile it seemed. If they can weather all of those years of playoff and championship drought, then I think I can too.

In the end of all things, it really is just a game.

Should be a fun game to watch, Pats O is averaging 30+ a game and faced 2 very good D's in Dallas and Buffalo. Patriots D as Adam scares me because while Butler is a good CB he needs someone else and so far the other option been ok at best.

Colts have won 3 straight, but squeezed by a Titans team that has a damn good rookie QB. ( should be fun w him and luck facing off twice a year for many many more years!) and also barely beat the division AA team I mean the Jags. Then had a very good performance against Texas.

That said Sunday Nights game should be interesting to see

1. If Luck is back and just how rusty he is. And can he go score for score with Brady.

2. If the Colts D can get Brady et al to punt a lot in the first half.

3. Be interesting how the Pats cb do on the multiple receiver options the colts have.

4. Will the pats be able to stop Gore without stacking the box?

What happened to hope?

It just seemed to flutter out of the window... I wonder how we would have reacted to the Colts of the 90s on here...

I look at like this: almost every Cubs fan I know, has always had hope, regardless of how futile it seemed. If they can weather all of those years of playoff and championship drought, then I think I can too.

In the end of all things, it really is just a game.

I don't know how anyone can watch a game without a glimmer of hope of a wi for their team. I believe in 12, I believe in our Colts and I believe in our D.

I'll be at the game... Tailgating all day, then going to LOS for Sunday Night Football!

I am looking forward to this game, I am curious to see what the Colts can ACTUALLY look like.  What I mean by that is, we have yet to see the Colts at their best through first 5 games.

Weeks 1 and 2 Colts OL was terrible, no protection and penalties every other play, poor defensive showings

Week 3 OL personnel changed, but didn't seem to click until the 4th quarter.  DB depth was nonexistent.

Week 4 Luck out, Hasselbeck in, somehow stole a W

Week 5 Luck still out, OL looking solid, Andre comes alive, DEF getting healthy and playing well (minus a few mistakes)

It feels like every game so far has been missing one or more pieces, "incomplete, not Indys full potential.  Finally getting close, just missing Luck now.

If the Colts can put it all together Sunday night, I truly believe they can win.  It's just hard for a lot of people to believe, because they haven't seen the Colts at their full potential... yet.

GO COLTS!

I won't bury our squad before the game, but I did buy tickets to see known Pat fan/Colts/Irsay hater comedian Bill Burr who just happens to be in Fort Wayne during the game. It seems like a minor cosmic prank forcing me to choose. He's my current favorite comedian (better than Louie) and the opportunity to drive down the street to see him isn't going to happen again if I don't show this time. 

I'm curious to see how distracted I'll be by the game during the gig. 

I won't bury our squad before the game, but I did buy tickets to see known Pat fan/Colts/Irsay hater comedian Bill Burr who just happens to be in Fort Wayne during the game. It seems like a minor cosmic prank forcing me to choose. He's my current favorite comedian (better than Louie) and the opportunity to drive down the street to see him isn't going to happen again if I don't show this time. 

I'm curious to see how distracted I'll be by the game during the gig. 

Are you from Fort Wayne? I saw the billboards at the Embassy about him coming, didn't realize it was this Sunday. Can't say I like the guy much.

Are you from Fort Wayne? I saw the billboards at the Embassy about him coming, didn't realize it was this Sunday. Can't say I like the guy much.

Generally, yes. 

You're missing out, though I will say I like his Monday Podcast as much or more than his stand up specials. 

You're skating on thin ice with that joke..

Quick side story : I was at a local amusement park this summer , Canobie Lake Park, with my family and a friend's family .

My little boy and his friend were in little boats going around in circles. While the ride was going, a woman walked up next to me to watch her daughter in another boat . My first thought was, "She looks very much like Nancy Kerrigan." So I glanced down at her knee, and there was the scar.

We chatted briefly; she lives relatively locally outside of Boston. Pleasant lady.

Yeah, I was 8 in 1985 and getting ready to move to the UK having been born in New Hampshire. I remember my grandfather always talking about how bad the Patriots sucked...lol. I remember when they were terrible. Then, while talking to a friend in Philadelphia in 2000, the day we landed Bill Belichick, I looked at him said that Pats would be competitive. He just laughed at me as he was a big Eagles fan. The rest as they say is history!

I honestly think the Colts can win this game.  And it is not because I am a lifelong Colts fan.   I just think the Patriots have lost talent and we have gained talent since playing last year.  I think it really comes down to game playing and execution.  If the Colts use the offense the last two week of spreading the ball and taking what the defensive gives them, they will do fine.  The long shots will come.  And don't be afraid to run.  The Patriots basically dare the Colts to run and even when the Colts are getting good gains, they give it up too easily. On defense,  I would rush Cole and Mathis on ends and have Moore come up the middle.  The key to beating Brady, like most QBs, is don't give him his usual 10 seconds to throw the ball.   The Patriots are playing great but they don't great talent across the board.   It is all about the Colts playing smart.  They have the horses.  Just need to use them right.  My biggest concern is lack of pass rush lets Brady shred them.

Quick side story : I was at a local amusement park this summer , Canobie Lake Park, with my family and a friend's family .

My little boy and his friend were in little boats going around in circles. While the ride was going, a woman walked up next to me to watch her daughter in another boat . My first thought was, "She looks very much like Nancy Kerrigan." So I glanced down at her knee, and there was the scar.

We chatted briefly; she lives relatively locally outside of Boston. Pleasant lady.

I hate to call bunk on your story. But Kerrigan was hit above the knee with a baton and her leg was only bruised from the incident which is why she was able to play in the Olympics just a short time later and almost win the gold. She never had surgery so there would be no scar.

I hate to call bunk on your story. But Kerrigan was hit above the knee with a baton and her leg was only bruised from the incident which is why she was able to play in the Olympics just a short time later and almost win the gold. She never had surgery so there would be no scar.

Able to Play......??    I believe you meant skate.

and yeah,  she never had surgery.

The Colts will have to play their best to beat the Pats:

DEFENSE

Good man-to-man coverage

No stupid penalties

Continue to stop the run

Some pass rush (It would be nice to see Mathis get off)

Limit Gronk

Tackle well

OFFENSE

Run the ball

Short/quick passes

Good protection

Protect the ball

SPECIAL TEAMS

Protect the ball (no muffs)

Tackle well

Win field position

COACHING

Adjust

I know I'm stating the obvious, but the Pats can be beat if the Colts do these things. But the bar is set high.

Gore is going to be a work horse this weekend. Get that run game established early.

Henry Anderson, David Parry, and Kendall Langford need to have an outstanding night on stopping the run. I feel that we seem to stop the run decently until we play the Patriots... Which in turn they run the ball down our throats. So, fingers crossed on those 2 guys and our linebackers to clog the holes. This game will be our toughest challenge.

I'm very worried about our corners... I don't know if it's this zone coverage crap that we have been playing or what, but giving up tons of yardage is ugly. Davis and Toler play better man to man coverage so I hope that we turn to that this weekend.

Sounds like Luck and Hasselbeck are healthy, could be game time decision on who plays. Though, I think Luck makes it back this weekend.

I know that they will take out TY Hilton completely from the game. Luck needs to stop eyeing his way or he will be intercepted. TY has given up the ball for interceptions against the Patriots twice now, I believe? I'm banking for a big game from Donte Moncrief.

Use the tight ends to block may be another great idea against this Patriots defense.

Gore is going to be a work horse this weekend. Get that run game established early.

Henry Anderson, David Parry, and Kendall Langford need to have an outstanding night on stopping the run. I feel that we seem to stop the run decently until we play the Patriots... Which in turn they run the ball down our throats. So, fingers crossed on those 2 guys and our linebackers to clog the holes. This game will be our toughest challenge.

I'm very worried about our corners... I don't know if it's this zone coverage crap that we have been playing or what, but giving up tons of yardage is ugly. Davis and Toler play better man to man coverage so I hope that we turn to that this weekend.

Sounds like Luck and Hasselbeck are healthy, could be game time decision on who plays. Though, I think Luck makes it back this weekend.

I know that they will take out TY Hilton completely from the game. Luck needs to stop eyeing his way or he will be intercepted. TY has given up the ball for interceptions against the Patriots twice now, I believe? I'm banking for a big game from Donte Moncrief.

Use the tight ends to block may be another great idea against this Patriots defense.

I think with Anderson & Parry being rookies it may play into the Colts favor in a sense, because they have played solid and it may take awhile to find their weakness from BB standpoint.  Langford is also solid, so I don't think Lewis (maybe blount) will have a big game.  Watch out for Lewis out of the backfield though!

I also think Moncrief is going to be the X factor for the Colts if they want to win!  Perhaps Dorsett makes a big play or two as well.  TY and AJ will be focused on for sure though.  Either Allen or Fleener will also need to step up, but I don't think that will be a problem.

The OL MUST protect the QB, but the QB/Pep need to design quick passing, or rollout plays.

Pound the football with Frank Gore!

I believe the CB's will be back in press man (they were beat up last week, although it was the first game the starting unit was together this season).  They will need to play well, as they're facing the #1 pass offense in the league.  I look for Vontae to shadow Edelman, and make him somewhat non-existent.  However, Gronk is going to exploit our weakness if we aren't physical early and often.  He needs hit off the line with Geathers or another safety looming ahead.  If Brady tries to thread the needle, MAKE GRONK PAY!

We must find some pass rush this game.

Limit turnovers/penalties... If we give up one, we MUST get one back.

I believe it will be a close game!  Could go either way, but if the Colts execute I believe they have a chance.  We all know what the Pats will bring to Indy!

Brady's QBR was one of the worst this past Sunday, and he was sacked 5 times in the first half.   I look for Mathis and Company to do the same this weekend.

Dallas Offense would certainly have fared better if Romo had been playing.  Luck and/or Hasselbeck  will fare much better this week.  Also,  I think Gore only continues to get better each week.

I don't understand why so many are giving the Colts little hope.....    I am pumped for the game.   

GO COLTS   :huthut:  :fb:  :coltsfb:   :td:

That sentence, brother. Yeah, that last one.

I'm not going to lie...I think this game is going to be a snoozer. I think the Patriots are a much better team right now than the Colts (and I've watched a good amount of the Colts games this year). It's the NFL, so clearly the Colts could find a way to compete or even win the game. Weirder things have happened. But it's hard to make an argument right now that this game will look any different than any other Pats game this year, none of which have been particularly competitive with the possible exception of opening night vs the Steelers (and even that was a pretty comfortable win despite the garbage time TD at the end by Pitt).

Brady's QBR was one of the worst this past Sunday, and he was sacked 5 times in the first half.   I look for Mathis and Company to do the same this weekend.

The QBR is totally meaningless... it's ESPNs way of trying to make yet another stat that people shouldn't really worry about. Here are Brady's numbers for the game. Literally that is all he had to do for Pats to put up 30 points. So *just* a 74% completion rate, a quiet 275 yards and 2 TDs is bad... And oh, the actual QB rating that I care about, the official NFL qb rating, Brady was 130.9 (out of 158.3) vs 67 for Weeden. No wonder you would prefer ESPNs rating calculation...

The Cowboys forum was as unanimous as possible. They knew the Patriots would win, but hoped the Cowboys would win. You guys should have the same mindset. Under no rational argument can you come to the fact that the Colts will win. And if you have one, feel free to make the argument and I'll read it. But with all the "extra" meaning of this game, and the way the Patriots are laying waste to the NFL... this game will be over in the 1st quarter. But that's just my prediction.

Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs T. Brady 20 27 275 2

Has any Greg Manusky defense ever fared well against the pats? I'm trying to remember if the Chargers ever played well on defense against a Josh McDaniels led offense.

I am not sure if Manusky was there back in the mid 00's but some of those Charger D's were very formidable. Probably 2007 was the Chargers best chance in the AFCCG but Tomlinson tapped out early while the rest of his injured teammates, i.e. Rivers, Gates played thru worse injures and they lost 21-12.

Dallas Offense would certainly have fared better if Romo had been playing.  Luck and/or Hasselbeck  will fare much better this week.  Also,  I think Gore only continues to get better each week.

I don't understand why so many are giving the Colts little hope.....    I am pumped for the game.   

GO COLTS   :huthut:  :fb:  :coltsfb:   :td:

What has Mathis done this year?  2 tackles, 1 sack?