Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots pre-game thread -- Week 6 (merge)

Dark_Indy

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I

It's more like......

And troll it begins

Yes I have an opinion and so I'm a troll . I'll just stay off your forum .I really forgot Davis was playing Injured so I was a little hard on him .. and perhaps even Toler .  I am and will always be a colts fan And you'll always be the speech police .... I am very happy we won the game... I'll just go back to reading..(I know your happy now)

I guess I wonder how much due diligence will the Pats do? Will they just line up and try to run thru the Colts again since it's worked so well? (frankly I hope so). Or will BB do his thing, make a fresh game plan and out coach our staff again? I would love to see what would happen if we moved Andrew all around (Len Dawson style) and made the Pats have to find and chase him.

I think our defense has proved to be much, much better vs the run than the pass thus far. I look for the Pats to favor the pass this time around.

Pagano says he's supremely confident about playing the Pats.  He also was supremely confident that Luck would play both games.  Translation - Pagano is scared as hell!

There is also no tension between Grigs and Pagano lol  Translation:  Grigs and Pagano was feuding more than ever the few weeks of the season (I don't know how it didn't get more attention after Luck was injured). Let's just lie about everything and act as if a problem doesn't exist...  That seems to be the motto of the team this season, and I'm not trying to be a pessimist, I'm just a realist.

You do understand the game plan was to limit foster right? Not all games are game planned equally

Exactly, When was the last time they held Foster under 100 yards rushing?  He had 19 attempts for 41 yards last night, 2.2 avg.  Davis, Butler and Toler will have a good amount of time to heal now and will hopefully be better.  I'm not sure what they can do to improve the rush but it's going to be even harder pressuring  Brady anyway because he's been getting the ball out so fast.  

You do understand the game plan was to limit foster right? Not all games are game planned equally

Arian Foster vs. Colts run D: 19 carries, 41 yards (2.2 ypc)...his worst game vs. the Colts. Was averaging 137 ypg (6.0 ypc) vs. Colts

— Steve Andress (@ColtsReporter)

October 9, 2015

Arian Foster vs. Colts run D: 19 carries, 41 yards (2.2 ypc)...his worst game vs. the Colts. Was averaging 137 ypg (6.0 ypc) vs. Colts

I think our defense has proved to be much, much better vs the run than the pass thus far. I look for the Pats to favor the pass this time around.

Agree, hopefully they will just recycle their previous gameplans, but alas, I fear BB is paying attention to the game film and will do something unexpected. Maybe the Colts will luck out into a close game where the Pats choose to go for it on 4th and 1 with a run this time and the Colts will crush them at the point of attack (but not with Bjorn this time).

We only limited Foster because he got pulled for Concussion protocol, otherwise he'd have won the game for them as we had no answer for him at all... look at all the 2-3-4 missed tackles on multiple plays.  The Patriots have 2 healthy backs who BOTH average over 4 yards a carry.  I bet they have 250 yards rushing and the score will hit 50... now we can score on them as well if Luck is fully healthy and playing well, but he needs to cut the turnovers.  This could be a 51-45 type game IF we're clicking on Offense and our line can hold up like it did last night.  Otherwise it could turn into a 51-13 type game.  They are averaging over 40 already... I think they might finish the season with the all time scoring record.  

We only limited Foster because he got pulled for Concussion protocol, otherwise he'd have won the game for them as we had no answer for him at all... look at all the 2-3-4 missed tackles on multiple plays. The Patriots have 2 healthy backs who BOTH average over 4 yards a carry. I bet they have 250 yards rushing and the score will hit 50... now we can score on them as well if Luck is fully healthy and playing well, but he needs to cut the turnovers. This could be a 51-45 type game IF we're clicking on Offense and our line can hold up like it did last night. Otherwise it could turn into a 51-13 type game. They are averaging over 40 already... I think they might finish the season with the all time scoring record.

Foster had 2.2 ypc

We only limited Foster because he got pulled for Concussion protocol, otherwise he'd have won the game for them as we had no answer for him at all... look at all the 2-3-4 missed tackles on multiple plays.  The Patriots have 2 healthy backs who BOTH average over 4 yards a carry.  I bet they have 250 yards rushing and the score will hit 50... now we can score on them as well if Luck is fully healthy and playing well, but he needs to cut the turnovers.  This could be a 51-45 type game IF we're clicking on Offense and our line can hold up like it did last night.  Otherwise it could turn into a 51-13 type game.  They are averaging over 40 already... I think they might finish the season with the all time scoring record.  

He played the entire second half, he had a couple good receptions but other than that he was neutralized. 

Run defense will be fine as long as Anderson and Parry keep playing well.  The pass defense on the other hand, it could get ugly.  Hoyer completed 17/18 at one time in the game last night, imagine what Brady can do.  The problem is these receivers are getting wide open and the Colts can't get any pressure what so ever on the QB.  They need to fix this.

— Steve Andress (@ColtsReporter)

October 9, 2015

Colts D did a good job shutting down Foster in the run game, but the rest of the story is that he had 9 catches for 77 yards and how many 3rd down conversions?  None of the Colts LBs or safeties could cover him on those pass plays.  

Foster had 2.2 ypc

My mistake for not being specific.  He had 9 catches, all short, some behind the line of scrimmage, for 77 yards.  And he was running through tackles.  He also was hit for big losses multiple times but broke the tackles to gain yards.  They used the screen/short passing game as an extension of his run game.  (I wish we'd do more of that but our guys usually drop the passes).  

No Crying just the way I see it . And I do enjoy watching . and hope it won't be the truth . But maybe I'm wrong and Davis and or Toler are still hurting . I don't know . But at least we won. I'm Happy about the for sure.

Davis didn't practice all week, and was in a lot of pain last night, and Toler hasn't played since August, he's rusty and it shows. I expect their next outing to be better, even though it's against NE.

Is it just me, or did this game seem to light a fire under one Andrew Luck without even taking the field? From the looks of last night's W this may have been the catalyst he needs to align himself with the killer attitude. If his antics from this game is any indication of what may come, could be we see a much more accurate QB. (as long as injury no factor)

Don't get me wrong I love the Colts but still after the last wins I'm not very confident in this team. We are playing in the worst Division and won against two of the worst teams of the league and don't forget that the Jags had three opportunities to win the game... It will be interesting to see how the Colts will play against better and elite teams. I still expect a rough loss against the Patriots. 

Is it just me, or did this game seem to light a fire under one Andrew Luck without even taking the field? From the looks of last night's W this may have been the catalyst he needs to align himself with the killer attitude. If his antics from this game is any indication of what may come, could be we see a much more accurate QB. (as long as injury no factor)

He was certainly having fun on the sideline....hopefully he was watching some of the things Matt was doing and he learns something about getting the ball out quickly and not forcing things. It was a very good win.

Sorry not correct! 19 rushing attempts is more than enough for a sample size.  Stop back handing your team all the time

We only limited Foster because he got pulled for Concussion protocol, otherwise he'd have won the game for them as we had no answer for him at all... look at all the 2-3-4 missed tackles on multiple plays. The Patriots have 2 healthy backs who BOTH average over 4 yards a carry. I bet they have 250 yards rushing and the score will hit 50... now we can score on them as well if Luck is fully healthy and playing well, but he needs to cut the turnovers. This could be a 51-45 type game IF we're clicking on Offense and our line can hold up like it did last night. Otherwise it could turn into a 51-13 type game. They are averaging over 40 already... I think they might finish the season with the all time scoring record.

Lol what?

This pat fan babble about judgement and karma is beyond annoying at this point. I hope we get healthy and carve up their porous secondary. 

actually, Pats have the worst RUN defense in the NFL. Giving up nearly 5 ypc.  I think Pats come in thinking to throw...a lot.

Would be nice if things turn around and it's Indy Who runs all over them, and Keeps Brady and their offense off the field.

This pat fan babble about judgement and karma is beyond annoying at this point. I hope we get healthy and carve up their porous secondary. 

Truth. I can see our offense running to the outside on them, maybe not between tackles so much as last night's game (Vince Wilfork was completely invisible). I also see our receivers finding some good matchups with their secondary. Their LBs are world beaters though, probably the strongest part of their defense, and BB isn't afraid to send them on a blitz.

This game is a lot more winnable than previous games simply because the pats D is probably the worst since Luck came here. I'll be pretty disappointed if we struggle moving the ball on them with Luck or Hasselbeck. Gore should have a good game against them on the ground too.

As long as our run defense decides to show up this time we can beat them (pass rush too but I expect us to blitz a lot). That said my confidence isn't exactly high right now, but this is a game we can win.

Did you see our secondary last night? Imagine a real QB,Real recievers, a good scheme and running game.

I agree..I posted something like this also. Next Sunday could be very embarrassing. I hope not, but this team has done little to change my mind.  They can barely win against the sisters of the poor(AFC  South),now they have to  face the big boys over the next month  or so. I would be surprised if the Pats did not drop 50 here next Sunday. Brady and his receivers will have a  day here...unfortunately.

My ideal game plan:

Offense: Lots of short passes and rollouts with Luck. Mix in the run well and often. Don't try to go deep too often, even with the receivers we have. Spread the ball out to our backs and tight ends in the pass game.

Defense: STOP THE RUN!!!!!!!

Make sure Gronk is double covered at all times, possibly with Geathers and a corner. We need lots of man defense, not zones that Brady'll pick apart. If Brady starts getting too comfortable, send some blitzes that work.

My ideal game plan:

Offense: Lots of short passes and rollouts with Luck. Mix in the run well and often. Don't try to go deep too often, even with the receivers we have. Spread the ball out to our backs and tight ends in the pass game.

Defense: STOP THE RUN!!!!!!!

Make sure Gronk is double covered at all times, possibly with Geathers and a corner. We need lots of man defense, not zones that Brady'll pick apart. If Brady starts getting too comfortable, send some blitzes that work.

THIS!

Let's just do what the pats do since it works.  On defense, just take away whatever the opposing offense does best (Gronk), and on offense, just dink and dunk and run the ball until the D overcommits, then hit 'em over the top with TY or Dorsett.

If they play safe on D all game, fine, death by a thousand papercuts.  If, on offense, they spread us out and let Brady attack our D, I hope our Dbacks can save the day. We have the personnel.  We just need to play mistake-free football, like the last game, to have a chance.

I'm pretty amped for the Pats game, like everyone else, I imagine.

Side note: Tipton came up HUGE in pass pro... Helping out with Watt, there were a couple plays where JJ was just taken out by Zurlon and Reitz... It was nuts just to see Watt handled so well. Hasselbeck needs to buy his O-line, Gore, and Tipton some Porterhouses.