Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots pre-game thread -- Week 6 (merge)

Dark_Indy

I think the thread was deleted while I was writing my reply to Bababooey.

We are going to get blown out. Would love to finally beat the (the Pats) but yea I put my money on the Pats

I know you listen to Mike Francesa. He just said on his weekly football show that he thinks the game will be much closer than what everyone believes. He said that he does not think the Pats are that good and that they have not been tested. (Mike is arguing this point now with Jim Nance.) Mike has a lot of respect for the Pats but he also loves Andrew Luck. I too believe it will be closer. Unlike past years, the Colts run defense is much improved. I think they are #1 or close to that. There won't be any Jonas Grays or other no name RB running for 200 yds. Only player I am worried about is Gronk.

I hope the Colts win!

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking only from a Colts perspective.......

The Colts can win the AFC South without beating the Pats Sunday night.      The Colts can lose this coming game and still have a good season.

But if Luck plays,  the Colts risk the rest of the season if he gets hurt worse trying to beat the Pats.      That's not good.

Look.....    if Luck is healthy,  my instincts say he's playing.        But if he's not,  then as a Luck fan and a Colts fan,  I'm fine sitting him another week.

Speaking only from a Colts perspective.......

The Colts can win the AFC South without beating the Pats Sunday night.      The Colts can lose this coming game and still have a good season.

But if Luck plays,  the Colts risk the rest of the season if he gets hurt worse trying to beat the Pats.      That's not good.

Look.....    if Luck is healthy,  my instincts say he's playing.        But if he's not,  then as a Luck fan and a Colts fan,  I'm fine sitting him another week.

I think the mentality should be obvious. If Luck is healthy play him, if he isn't then don't. 

The Colts run defense did fine last year... Except against the Patriots. It's the scheme, not the personnel, necessarily.

We have a different scheme this year too as well I believe, and better players to go along with it. Henry Anderson is one of the best rookie D-lineman in the league if not the best so far. 

Per Ian Rappaort, he also reports that he could of played last week if needed

Is it bad that I'm not as happy about this as I should be?

Hopefully it was the injury that caused it, but Luck has been terrible in the 2 games he played.

But we'll see tonight. Hopefully he gets it together & took some notes while he was out those 3 games. And hopefully Pep took notes too

Is it bad that I'm not as happy about this as I should be?

Hopefully it was the injury that caused it, but Luck has been terrible in the 2 games he played.

But we'll see tonight. Hopefully he gets it together & took some notes while he was out those 3 games. And hopefully Pep took notes too

You seriously think Hasselbeck gives us the best chance? Granted he played well for two games, he's not the better option

You seriously think Hasselbeck gives us the best chance? Granted he played well for two games, he's not the better option

If Luck is gonna play the way he has in past games against :flyingelvis: or the first 2 games, then Matt kinda does have the advantage. Slight advantage but still an advantage

I'm just saying if this is gonna be a repeat performance for Andrew, just give him another week to rest up then unleash him on this NFC South run we're about to be on

If Luck is gonna play the way he has in past games against :flyingelvis: or the first 2 games, then Matt kinda does have the advantage. Slight advantage but still an advantage

I'm just saying if this is gonna be a repeat performance for Andrew, just give him another week to rest up then unleash him on this NFC South run we're about to be on

Nonsense

The Colts run defense did fine last year... Except against the Patriots. It's the scheme, not the personnel, necessarily.

Oh we will see today it was the personnel. The good thing is we got rid of all the culprits. Montori Hughes, Cory Redding, Josh Chapman, Ricky Jean Francois. Guys who got out of their gaps and could not get any push back to disrupt the running game.

The fans will be in a frenzy to start the game. If the team comes out with some effort the frenzy will escalate. If they come out flat. It will be quiet quickly

Most recent was the Denver game with Mannings return. The crowd was ridiculas that game

But if the team falls behind early and makes a Chiefs game type of comeback the roof will come off the place

I will be there and loud as usual. I don't worry about other fans that tell me to sit down. But I don't yell obscenities either.

I think the thread was deleted while I was writing my reply to Bababooey.

I know you listen to Mike Francesa. He just said on his weekly football show that he thinks the game will be much closer than what everyone believes. He said that he does not think the Pats are that good and that they have not been tested. (Mike is arguing this point now with Jim Nance.) Mike has a lot of respect for the Pats but he also loves Andrew Luck. I too believe it will be closer. Unlike past years, the Colts run defense is much improved. I think they are #1 or close to that. There won't be any Jonas Grays or other no name RB running for 200 yds. Only player I am worried about is Gronk.

I hope the Colts win!

Oh man, Francesa HATES the colts but he loves Luck. He does have us pegged wrong though as do most "experts". Grigson has tried to shore up the line but some guys get injured, then when you see Incognito playing great for Buffalo all that is forgotten. Edelman will be open all day as will Gronk who is uncoverable.

Mike has the same story going into the colts/pats game every time and that is "the Defense can't give up 6,7,8 minute drives that end in touchdowns then Luck doesn't want to come back to the bench w no points in a short drive so he forces bad throws and makes mistakes in an attempt to get it all back. If Indy can play smarter and outlast a haymaker by New England then they can keep it closer". Of course that's exactly what happens every time and I believe it will happen again tonight too.

Not sure if you heard but Francesa had Bill Simmons on his show this week and he announced that ESPN is working on a 30 for 30 about Mike and the Mad Dog. So insanely pumped for that.

Follow Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet #Colts QB Andrew Luck will return tonight against the #Patriots, source says. He's good to go -- & could've played last Thursday if needed 5:45 AM - 18 Oct 2015 206 206 Retweets 179 179 favorites

I want him to be 100% in his last year form. It would be awesome if he threw 400 yards and 4 scores. Nickname him Abe Lincoln if he does. 

Oh man, Francesa HATES the colts but he loves Luck. He does have us pegged wrong though as do most "experts". Grigson has tried to shore up the line but some guys get injured, then when you see Incognito playing great for Buffalo all that is forgotten. Edelman will be open all day as will Gronk who is uncoverable.

Mike has the same story going into the colts/pats game every time and that is "the Defense can't give up 6,7,8 minute drives that end in touchdowns then Luck doesn't want to come back to the bench w no points in a short drive so he forces bad throws and makes mistakes in an attempt to get it all back. If Indy can play smarter and outlast a haymaker by New England then they can keep it closer". Of course that's exactly what happens every time and I believe it will happen again tonight too.

Not sure if you heard but Francesa had Bill Simmons on his show this week and he announced that ESPN is working on a 30 for 30 about Mike and the Mad Dog. So insanely pumped for that.

Yeah, Mike thinks the Colts don't have much talent outside of Luck, Vontae, Costanzo, and Hilton. However, Mike is giving the Colts a chance to win tonight. He thinks the Pats defense is not good.

I did not hear Bill Simmons last week. I listen to Mike only on football Sundays, as I am unable to listen to Mike's show or Joe & Evan at work during weekdays. I used to listen to Mike & the Mad Dog when I used to do a lot of work outside my office. I enjoyed it although Mad Dog sometimes would get to me. I would love to see that "30 for 30". Many years later, my favorite personality on WFAN is someone you probably don't listen to: Richard Neer (Saturday mornings).

Enjoy the game. Good luck.