Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Seahawks won't make the playoffs.

RockThatBlue

That's right, you heard it here first.

We can gladly go back to this thread in a few months if I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat crow. But they (like the colts) don't look like themselves of the past few years either. They barely beat (thanks to the refs) a horrible lions team. They should be 1-3 right now. Their defense is still good, but that offense is pretty horrendous at the moment. Graham has added hardly anything to their passing offense and his blocking is a joke(and people say fleener is bad at blocking, fleener is an all-pro blocker compared to Graham). Yes, Lynch was out last night but even with Lynch they haven't looked all that impressive.

Once again if I'm wrong I'll eat crow. But I think the cardinals win their division too.

I think they can still win their division.  Arizona looked dominant the first three weeks but came back down to earth last week.  I still think the Rams, Cards or Seahawks could win the division.  The problem with the Rams is you never know what teams going to show up.  They beat Arizona away and Seattle at home but lost at Was and at home VS Pitt without Big Ben for the 2nd half.

I think they can still win their division.  Arizona looked dominant the first three weeks but came back down to earth last week.  I still think the Rams, Cards or Seahawks could win the division.  The problem with the Rams is you never know what teams going to show up.  They beat Arizona away and Seattle at home but lost at Was and at home VS Pitt without Big Ben for the 2nd half.

This is true^^

Take away Russell Wilson's ability of evasive running and this prediction might just prove correct. Yes, even with Marshawn Lynch it still would be possible. That's how valuable Wilson's running ability is to the Seahawks. It allows them points. It's that simple.

That's right, you heard it here first.

We can gladly go back to this thread in a few months if I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat crow. But they (like the colts) don't look like themselves of the past few years either. They barely beat (thanks to the refs) a horrible lions team. They should be 1-3 right now. Their defense is still good, but that offense is pretty horrendous at the moment. Graham has added hardly anything to their passing offense and his blocking is a joke(and people say fleener is bad at blocking, fleener is an all-pro blocker compared to Graham). Yes, Lynch was out last night but even with Lynch they haven't looked all that impressive.

Once again if I'm wrong I'll eat crow. But I think the cardinals win their division too.

Somebody's got to beat them in Seattle to keep them off of 10 wins.....and I dont see the Rams or the Cardinals doing that

I believe Seattle will go to the playoffs. They started off pretty lousy last year and had the internal issues with Harvin and still went on a run the last month to take the division from the Cards. I just don't trust Palmer to get it done or Foles in St. Louis so I think Seattle will end up winning the division but the 2 games with the Cards will probably be the most critical. It is a shame for the Hawks that they had to play GB so early in the season. Had they played them later with Kam back maybe different result ...

Broncos will win the SuperBowl. Nobody is picking them (saying Peyton is washed up) so I consider that bold. I think they will beat the Pats in MileHigh in a few weeks and get HFA and win it all.

AFC is playing the early championship game. The one that plays the night championship game since 2004 has won the SB unless they are a wild card #6 seed (Steelers in 2005 and Packers in 2010).

2004 - Patriots (night)

2005 - Steelers (late afternoon)

2006 - Colts (night)

2007 - Giants (night)

2008 - Steelers (night)

2009 - Saints (night)

2010 - Packers (late afternoon)

2011 - Giants (night)

2012 - Ravens (night)

2013 - Seahawks (night)

2014 - Patriots (night)

I rest my case of patterns :). It also co-incides with the pattern that teams wearing light jerseys since 2004 have won the SB except the Packers in 2010. Yeah, I know, patterns are meant to be broken but I am rolling with it. It will be an NFC team unless a wild card #6 seed from the AFC makes it. Most likely, it will be the Packers this year. All conferences are so top heavy, I am not certain a #6 seed gets it done from the AFC, unless the Steelers with Big Ben returning go on a roll again but the Steelers' D is not what it used to be. Both times the #6 seed won, their Ds were still top notch. 

Peyton making the SB will be music to the NFC ears. My heart says otherwise but my mind says Peyton will be 1-3 in SBs IF he makes it this year. Peyton's best last chance was a Gronk less Pats in 2012 playoffs IF he had beaten the Ravens in 2012 but the Flacco hail mary ruined it all. It would have been a night championship game, before the Seahawks became the D that they were, and would have met a fledgling Kaepernick in the SB with a healthier squad than in 2013 when he didn't have Von Miller, Dumervil, Ryan Clady, Chris Harris etc. (that he had in 2012) and thus got destroyed in 2013 SB.

Seattle had problems last year but got every break in the world. They were 3-3 which is another possibilty this year. They came out flat every game but the opener and got by by relying on comebacks against teams who just weren't as talented. They got the decimated Cardinals team late for 1 game, the 49ers twice after they imploded, the 7-8-1 Panthers and December Packers who they also came out flat against in the rematch.

I don't think they'll get that many breaks again, although the Detroit game sure doesn't prove that.

Seattle has a huge test coming up this week against the Bengals on the road. To me, this will serve as their litmus test of how well they'll do the rest of the way. Cincinnati is on fire right now. Seattle has had some close calls (literally). Will be intriguing.

Seattle has a huge test coming up this week against the Bengals on the road. To me, this will serve as their litmus test of how well they'll do the rest of the way. Cincinnati is on fire right now. Seattle has had some close calls (literally). Will be intriguing.

I can see a 20-13 type of win for the Bengals but it will be a one score game because the Seahawks rarely lose by more than 1 possession. 

Somebody's got to beat them in Seattle to keep them off of 10 wins.....and I dont see the Rams or the Cardinals doing that

I agree Seattle won't lose enough home games not to make the playoffs but Dallas set the blueprint of how to beat them at home last year. Dominate the line of scrimmage and out physical them. This year especially they can be beat at home. Their OL/DL is as vulnerable as it has ever been and the secondary is not quite as scary after losing a lot of depth at corner. This team is plenty good but if they aren't winning at the LOS like they used to. Marshawn isn't getting a couple yards before he hits contact...now its a couple yards in the back field and he is powering back to the line of scrimmage....and Russell will get hurt if they don't sure things up. This isn't the offense I envisioned when they got Jimmy Graham. Why trade for him if your just going to use him as a traditional TE and have him in blocking when he clearly can't and is terrible at that. They aren't using him in any way he has been successful with the Saints or how Denver was using Julius etc. I'm not at all confident in their OC. He had Percy Harvin and couldn't figure out how to use him either...and of course his play calling...well I just don't trust them. They have to be flexible if they are going to get their money's worth out of Jimmy...and they need him to open up things for that running game. I thought they would be back in the SB at the beginning of the year and it is still VERY early and I would lean more towards Green Bay now of course but I still think they win their division and make the playoffs...way too much talent not to. North and the East are only getting one team in...South maybe two.. and I think the West gets two as well. Fisher is a 9-7 coach at best...he ain't getting the Rams to the playoffs.

AFC is playing the early championship game. The one that plays the night championship game since 2004 has won the SB unless they are a wild card #6 seed (Steelers in 2005 and Packers in 2010).

2004 - Patriots (night)

2005 - Steelers (late afternoon)

2006 - Colts (night)

2007 - Giants (night)

2008 - Steelers (night)

2009 - Saints (night)

2010 - Packers (late afternoon)

2011 - Giants (night)

2012 - Ravens (night)

2013 - Seahawks (night)

2014 - Patriots (night)

I rest my case of patterns :). It also co-incides with the pattern that teams wearing light jerseys since 2004 have won the SB except the Packers in 2010. Yeah, I know, patterns are meant to be broken but I am rolling with it. It will be an NFC team unless a wild card #6 seed from the AFC makes it. Most likely, it will be the Packers this year. All conferences are so top heavy, I am not certain a #6 seed gets it done from the AFC, unless the Steelers with Big Ben returning go on a roll again but the Steelers' D is not what it used to be. Both times the #6 seed won, their Ds were still top notch. 

Peyton making the SB will be music to the NFC ears. My heart says otherwise but my mind says Peyton will be 1-3 in SBs IF he makes it this year. Peyton's best last chance was a Gronk less Pats in 2012 playoffs IF he had beaten the Ravens in 2012 but the Flacco hail mary ruined it all. It would have been a night championship game, before the Seahawks became the D that they were, and would have met a fledgling Kaepernick in the SB with a healthier squad than in 2013 when he didn't have Von Miller, Dumervil, Ryan Clady, Chris Harris etc. (that he had in 2012) and thus got destroyed in 2013 SB.

I don't believe in superstitions at all but you've made a great case right here over the night AFC Championship game. 

New England truly frightens me this year, I can say that. Given at their schedule I think they could go a complete 16-0 if they continue playing the way they are at the moment. I only hope an NFC team can beat them in the big one if they get back to it. 

I don't believe in superstitions at all but you've made a great case right here over the night AFC Championship game. 

New England truly frightens me this year, I can say that. Given at their schedule I think they could go a complete 16-0 if they continue playing the way they are at the moment. I only hope an NFC team can beat them in the big one if they get back to it. 

They wont win in Denver. The Jets could even beat them in NY. We are capable of beating of them as well if we just start playing better but Denver will beat them.

People have said Seattle hasn't been that good for 3 years now. 

I recall playing devil's advocate against them several times through out 2013. They were weird that year, since they would often beat down good teams, but struggle with the garbage teams on their schedule. I thought all year they were going to run into a brick wall due to how much their offense struggled and how bad teams would show up against them and nearly beat them. For example; the 2013 Seahawks almost lost to TAMPA BAY. The Bucs took them to OT and were sitting on 3 score lead early in that game. (If Tampa would have just run the clock out instead of going pass happy with a 20 point lead, they would have won) 

Last year, I believe Seattle was the luckiest team in the league and their luck ran out at the worst possible moment. 

For instance, this sums up Seattle's luck. 

#1. Easy schedule after Dallas. 

Seattle did not play anymore great teams after the Dallas game. Dallas beat them and showed the blueprint. Seattle struggled with great quarterbacks last year. Manning took them to OT after they had a two posssession lead. Romo beat them. After Dallas, they did not play another good QB like Romo up until the NFCCG. 

Despite the easy schedule after week 6, they still struggled with bad teams. OAKLAND of all teams nearly beat them. The Giants hung around against them, the 9-7 Chiefs managed to beat them. 

#3. Arizona.

Remember the Cardinals started 9-1 before Palmer was injured. Arizona only won 2 games after this, and Seattle won the division getting home field and the #1 seed. 

All Arizona had to do was win against Atlanta and SF to get the #1 seed and if Palmer was there, they probably would have. 

This is a key point because Seattle had home field advantage in the playoffs. Seattle having home field for the playoffs is a huge, huge advantage for them. 

#4. Green Bay

The Seahawks benefited more than anyone over that horrible call with the Dez Bryant catch, cause they avoided playing Dallas again. Dallas really should have beaten Green Bay if it weren't for that bad call. The Packers would have been one and done had it not been for a horrible penalty, cause they truly weren't all that great last year. 

Look, I know all of you on here love the Packers cause Aaron Rodgers, but Green Bay coached a very poor game against Seattle. You cannot blame that entire loss on the onside kick recovery. Rodgers played poorly in that game, and despite being up 16-0 and having over 100 yards rushing, they opted to keep throwing the ball, instead of running the clock out. Mike McCarthy gets out coached bad when he's up against trickster coaches that take risks and aren't intimidated by a big name QB. Pete Caroll, Tom Coughlin, and Bill Belichick are just the coaches that can make McCarthy look silly. 

The Packers were overrated all last year. Bloody Champ told you guys this over and over. Their defense was bad, and Rodgers is not invincible. You can shut down Rodgers because he's a pocket quarterback limited to the pocket. Rodgers has had issues for several years with teams that can blitz and attack him. He played very poorly against Seattle for the most part, and he would have totally struggled against New England.

Their defense is also atrocious. The Saints and Falcons scored gobs of points against Green Bay, and were able to light their secondary up by throwing deep on them. The Saints scored 42 points on that pathetic defense, and the Falcons scored 30 points on them in the second half and came back in a game GB should have already had in the bag. Seattle threw a hail mary pass in OT, and it just shows how poor their defense is against the big play. 

Seattle was very lucky to get Green Bay who totally screwed up a game they should have won rather than play Dallas again, cause Dallas wouldn't have made the mistakes Green Bay made. Green Bay proved just how overrated they truly were when they had a 16-0 lead and choked it all away only to lose in OT to a hail mary pass.

There is no way in hell that Packers team would have beat New England in the SB as much as they struggled with good teams. That defense was bad, and if Brady could put 4 TD's on Seattle's defense, he probably gets 5 or even 6 against Green Bay's. 

#5. That circus catch in the Super Bowl 

Oh yeah, remember that? Seattle had the 2007 Giants-like circus catch in the SB on the final drive. No one is going to remember that circus catch because their luck ran dry with it. What happened after, was the interception at the goal line. 

Seattle was hands down the luckiest team last year, and I don't even feel sorry for them since their luck ran out at the worst possible moment. 

I do not believe Seattle is going to miss the playoffs this year though. I hate that team probably more than anyone on this board because I am a Saints fan, and I had to see that BEAST MODE run loop replayed over and over and over. Seeing that run over and over, was humiliating.

That team is STILL lucky like they were last year, and they were even lucky in 2013, and to go even further they were lucky in 2010 with the 7-9 record and then that Beast Mode run against the Saints, and even lucky in 2012 with the pass interference game vs the Packers, and in the playoffs their luck ran out that year since Pete Carroll called that time out when Atlanta's kicked missed the kick to beat them.  

They could be 1-3 right now, but they're not, cause things seem to always go their way with luck.

If they continue to be lucky, the Rams or Cardinals will start to have problems down the line like what happened last year. I expect one or the other to take a sharp blow and decline some time in the season. Seattle is going to hang around and be a problem for team's down the stretch. 

Seattle is not gonna go away sadly, and believe me, I really would love to see them crash and burn, but right now I just do not see it happening. 

They wont win in Denver. The Jets could even beat them in NY. We are capable of beating of them as well if we just start playing better but Denver will beat them.

Denver's offense has struggled very badly this year, and that defense everyone loves right now has yet to be tested against a good quarterback, and is already struggling against mediocre teams like Minnesota. Denver is just barely winning games against bad opponents that they would have been blowing out last year or the year before.

The Pats will roll Denver easily the way they are playing. That's going to be a blow out, and it will be worse than the blow out last year. The Jets might beat them, but i don't trust the Jets offense whatsoever. 

Denver's offense has struggled very badly this year, and that defense everyone loves right now has yet to be tested against a good quarterback, and is already struggling against mediocre teams like Minnesota. Denver is just barely winning games against bad opponents that they would have been blowing out last year or the year before.

The Pats will roll Denver easily the way they are playing. That's going to be a blow out, and it will be worse than the blow out last year. The Jets might beat them, but i don't trust the Jets offense whatsoever. 

Tommy has been fortunate to be able to play most of his games against Peyton at home. Same thing is happening against Andrew. I don't think the Pats win in Mile High. Denver's Defense with that crowd will beat the Pats. Usually when Peyton has played Tommy and the Pats at home he wins including 2 AFC Title Games, 1 here and 1 in Denver. We will see but I am taking the Broncos in that one. If Peyton plays a clean game (no turnovers) I can see Denver winning that one by 7-10 points.

People have said Seattle hasn't been that good for 3 years now.

I recall playing devil's advocate against them several times through out 2013. They were weird that year, since they would often beat down good teams, but struggle with the garbage teams on their schedule. I thought all year they were going to run into a brick wall due to how much their offense struggled and how bad teams would show up against them and nearly beat them. For example; the 2013 Seahawks almost lost to TAMPA BAY. The Bucs took them to OT and were sitting on 3 score lead early in that game. (If Tampa would have just run the clock out instead of going pass happy with a 20 point lead, they would have won)

Last year, I believe Seattle was the luckiest team in the league and their luck ran out at the worst possible moment.

For instance, this sums up Seattle's luck.

#1. Easy schedule after Dallas.

Seattle did not play anymore great teams after the Dallas game. Dallas beat them and showed the blueprint. Seattle struggled with great quarterbacks last year. Manning took them to OT after they had a two posssession lead. Romo beat them. After Dallas, they did not play another good QB like Romo up until the NFCCG.

Despite the easy schedule after week 6, they still struggled with bad teams. OAKLAND of all teams nearly beat them. The Giants hung around against them, the 9-7 Chiefs managed to beat them.

#3. Arizona.

Remember the Cardinals started 9-1 before Palmer was injured. Arizona only won 2 games after this, and Seattle won the division getting home field and the #1 seed.

All Arizona had to do was win against Atlanta and SF to get the #1 seed and if Palmer was there, they probably would have.

This is a key point because Seattle had home field advantage in the playoffs. Seattle having home field for the playoffs is a huge, huge advantage for them.

#4. Green Bay

The Seahawks benefited more than anyone over that horrible call with the Dez Bryant catch, cause they avoided playing Dallas again. Dallas really should have beaten Green Bay if it weren't for that bad call. The Packers would have been one and done had it not been for a horrible penalty, cause they truly weren't all that great last year.

Look, I know all of you on here love the Packers cause Aaron Rodgers, but Green Bay coached a very poor game against Seattle. You cannot blame that entire loss on the onside kick recovery. Rodgers played poorly in that game, and despite being up 16-0 and having over 100 yards rushing, they opted to keep throwing the ball, instead of running the clock out. Mike McCarthy gets out coached bad when he's up against trickster coaches that take risks and aren't intimidated by a big name QB. Pete Caroll, Tom Coughlin, and Bill Belichick are just the coaches that can make McCarthy look silly.

The Packers were overrated all last year. Bloody Champ told you guys this over and over. Their defense was bad, and Rodgers is not invincible. You can shut down Rodgers because he's a pocket quarterback limited to the pocket. Rodgers has had issues for several years with teams that can blitz and attack him. He played very poorly against Seattle for the most part, and he would have totally struggled against New England.

Their defense is also atrocious. The Saints and Falcons scored gobs of points against Green Bay, and were able to light their secondary up by throwing deep on them. The Saints scored 42 points on that pathetic defense, and the Falcons scored 30 points on them in the second half and came back in a game GB should have already had in the bag. Seattle threw a hail mary pass in OT, and it just shows how poor their defense is against the big play.

Seattle was very lucky to get Green Bay who totally screwed up a game they should have won rather than play Dallas again, cause Dallas wouldn't have made the mistakes Green Bay made. Green Bay proved just how overrated they truly were when they had a 16-0 lead and choked it all away only to lose in OT to a hail mary pass.

There is no way in hell that Packers team would have beat New England in the SB as much as they struggled with good teams. That defense was bad, and if Brady could put 4 TD's on Seattle's defense, he probably gets 5 or even 6 against Green Bay's.

#5. That circus catch in the Super Bowl

Oh yeah, remember that? Seattle had the 2007 Giants-like circus catch in the SB on the final drive. No one is going to remember that circus catch because their luck ran dry with it. What happened after, was the interception at the goal line.

Seattle was hands down the luckiest team last year, and I don't even feel sorry for them since their luck ran out at the worst possible moment.

I do not believe Seattle is going to miss the playoffs this year though. I hate that team probably more than anyone on this board because I am a Saints fan, and I had to see that BEAST MODE run loop replayed over and over and over. Seeing that run over and over, was humiliating.

That team is STILL lucky like they were last year, and they were even lucky in 2013, and to go even further they were lucky in 2010 with the 7-9 record and then that Beast Mode run against the Saints, and even lucky in 2012 with the pass interference game vs the Packers, and in the playoffs their luck ran out that year since Pete Carroll called that time out when Atlanta's kicked missed the kick to beat them.

They could be 1-3 right now, but they're not, cause things seem to always go their way with luck.

If they continue to be lucky, the Rams or Cardinals will start to have problems down the line like what happened last year. I expect one or the other to take a sharp blow and decline some time in the season. Seattle is going to hang around and be a problem for team's down the stretch.

Seattle is not gonna go away sadly, and believe me, I really would love to see them crash and burn, but right now I just do not see it happening.

Bog just took a truth dump all over the forum.