Will luck be back Thursday?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will he play Thursday?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The MRI came back negative and the diagnosis is a bruised shoulder.  There's no structural damage to shoulder.  Luck's injury is somewhat similar to Drew's (i.e., Drew Brees).  Brees missed a single game. 

I'm not going to spill a bunch of info. but I personally know all of the team's orthopedic surgeons. 

Luck will be fine as soon as the pain of the bruise starts to diminish.  If he doesn't let it heal now, it will linger the entire season.  It's that simple. 

For the sake of anybody on the Orthopedic and Medical staff I hope you're not legit. Because if what you're saying is true, it's a straight up PHI (Public Health Information) violation of the HIPPA Privacy Rule.

Hope he plays because we absolutely lucked out with beating Jacksonville.

I don't care how horrible Houston has looked we have also looked horrible.  We've just managed to eek out a couple wins by a FG or less.

Need Luck healthy and back in the lineup and we need Toler healthy and back in the lineup.

Take this for what it's worth (and I know to some it wont be much) Mike Florio just described Luck as "50/50" at best to play on Thursday. It will be hard to come back on a short week and I could see the Colts also looking at the mini bye week that follows that game to make sure he is 100% healthy. Luck is the franchise I expect the Colts to be extra cautious with him, they don't want to make the mistake of rushing Luck back too fast like the Redskins did with RG3. That might mean having trying to win a really hard game on the road without Andrew, still I'd rather have that than this turning into something serious for Andrew.

For what it's worth I thought the offense was really starting to flow in the second half with Matt, granted not like it can when Andrew is in there, but moving very well for a back up QB until the fumble happened. If Matt can get comfortable like that the Colts are going to have a shot in Houston. I know this goes without saying but I am glad Matt is here rather than having to depend on the likes of Curtis Painter or Kerry Collins. This is the exact scenario he was signed for and he paid off today. So for all the people who have spent the past three years saying the Colts were wasting money on Matt he was sure worth it today.

I'm wondering how Hasslebeck is going to respond against the blitz if he plays Thursday? Jags usually don't blitz much. I'm thinking Houston brings the heat.

Rest Luck for these reasons:

1.They can beat the Texans without him.

2.Luck has not been playing well.

3.The Texans are  in total disarray-you should tune in to Bill Obrien's post game interview where the only thing he said about the catastrophic performance against Atlanta was it is all his fault and his fault alone. The guy is wounded and is a walking corpse. I thought he had more guts but he is broken.

4. A division loss (which won't happen) to the the Texans will not hurt us  in the long run.

5. I don't believe we can beat New England with or without Luck if he continues to play poorly and to throw him out there to get reinjured is stupid as that will be game #6 of the season.

6. This injury is the first of how many during his career and if the Colts sacrifice him for a chance at a Super Bowl this season they are dumb as we are not going to beat the AFC contenders to get to the SB and even if they did the Packers will beat ant AFC team opposing them. 

Houston is horrible. Even hasselbeck should beat them.

Indeed, I just DVR-ed their last game vs. Hot-Lanta, wow, they are terrible. Some of the worst coaching I've seen (also).  O'Brien is like a Bantam league coach. Don't get me wrong, they are at least worthy of this division.

That's what we need more than anything. Butler got burned all day yesterday

I put an emphasis on healthy because Toler doesn't seem to play very well if he is still battling a lingering injury. He was terrible in that KC playoff game trying to play with that groin injury.  If he is healthy I'll gladly have him back. However with the decent play of the secondary even in the face of all the injuries I wouldn't be surprised if they shelved him for the Houston game.  There's an additional 9-10 day waiting period before the Patriots game so I would believe they'll try to bring him back against the Patriots.  Now if he's healthy I would enjoy having him back against Houston.

In looking at that waiting period it also wouldn't surprise me if Luck is shelved for the Houston game as well.  I like how Hasslebeck played against the Jags, but I'm iffy because that Houston game on the road is going to be tough.  It has proven to be consistently that way over the years.  We really don't need to drop that game!

For the sake of anybody on the Orthopedic and Medical staff I hope you're not legit. Because if what you're saying is true, it's a straight up PHI (Public Health Information) violation of the HIPPA Privacy Rule.

A HIPAA (not "HIPPA") violation is a pretty serious offense, and people - usually nurses, techs, etc. -  get fired for it all the time. Docs can usually get away with it with a sternly-worded email and a promise to never do it again. Gotta be careful what you say.

I'm hoping we can get a healthy Toler back on Thursday

Vontae is feeling the heat out there by himself. Having our better players out on the field definitely shows. We need Toler back but only if he feels confident that he can get the job done without nagging injuries. I don't know why but his body heals slow as molasses. I'll let it slide since it's a tough neck injury, don't want to rush that.

You telling me Moncrief, TY and Fleener arent getting separation?

Go back and watch that last game again..... 

The context of my comment was as compared to last year.  TY is not getting as open, nor is he catching as many.  Fleener just now showed up and Moncrief really didn't do a whole lot. 

Last year our offense was a lot better.

If he's healthy he should play. I think the Texans game will be tougher than yesterday's game and we barely won yesterday. I think everyone would really like to know how bad Andrew's injury is. Only he knows. It may be similar to what happened to Brees and Brees had to sit out a game but yesterday he looked pretty good.

A HIPAA (not "HIPPA") violation is a pretty serious offense, and people - usually nurses, techs, etc. -  get fired for it all the time. Docs can usually get away with it with a sternly-worded email and a promise to never do it again. Gotta be careful what you say.

Yeah, typo

I'd like to see Andrew go with a game plan similar to what Matt had yesterday.  Quick throws.  It keeps the D off of you.  If he is able physically, he will need to get used to the change.  Going "mad bomber against these pass rushes from nearly every team will get you hurt no matter who the O-line is.  IMO Luck would be awesome in a short passing game.  Get them coming up and then occasionally go deep.  Easy no? (I'm kidding)

Does anyone really think a couple lone posts regarding the health of a public figure like Andrew Luck and his health status about an ongoing injury isn't news? Of course, it is. Zibby43's posts do not go into what's called "summation of private knowledge" under the health care laws of this country. HIPPA or not. Luck is public figure. The laws include many variances across a wide latitude of many, many situations and subjects. Maybe there's gray area here. I don't know. Could be that Zibby43 has been given a green light to post status only and probable prognosis. He can speak for himself. I, for one, appreciate the updates if true.

Does anyone really think a couple lone posts regarding the health of a public figure like Andrew Luck and his health status about an ongoing injury isn't news? Of course, it is. Zibby43's posts do not go into what's called "summation of private knowledge" under the health care laws of this country. HIPPA or not. Luck is public figure. The laws include many variances across a wide latitude of many, many situations and subjects. Maybe there's gray area here. I don't know. Could be that Zibby43 has been given a green light to post status only and probable prognosis. He can speak for himself. I, for one, appreciate the updates if true.

Protected Health Information. The Privacy Rule protects all "individually identifiable health information" held or transmitted by a covered entity or its business associate, in any form or media, whether electronic, paper, or oral. The Privacy Rule calls this information "protected health information (PHI)."12

“Individually identifiable health information” is information, including demographic data, that relates to:

• the individual’s past, present or future physical or mental health or condition,
  • the provision of health care to the individual, or
  • the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to the individual,

and that identifies the individual or for which there is a reasonable basis to believe it can be used to identify the individual.13  Individually identifiable health information includes many common identifiers (e.g., name, address, birth date, Social Security Number). 

The Privacy Rule excludes from protected health information employment records that a covered entity maintains in its capacity as an employer and education and certain other records subject to, or defined in, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 20 U.S.C. §1232g.

Protected Health Information. The Privacy Rule protects all "individually identifiable health information" held or transmitted by a covered entity or its business associate, in any form or media, whether electronic, paper, or oral. The Privacy Rule calls this information "protected health information (PHI)."12

“Individually identifiable health information” is information, including demographic data, that relates to:

• the individual’s past, present or future physical or mental health or condition,
  • the provision of health care to the individual, or
  • the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to the individual,
and that identifies the individual or for which there is a reasonable basis to believe it can be used to identify the individual.13  Individually identifiable health information includes many common identifiers (e.g., name, address, birth date, Social Security Number). 

The Privacy Rule excludes from protected health information employment records that a covered entity maintains in its capacity as an employer and education and certain other records subject to, or defined in, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 20 U.S.C. §1232g.

Whatever. Not interested in an argument.

We really have no way of knowing, but my hunch is that he'll play. Having a Thursday game is actually ideal, as getting a win without Luck means that the games are nice and spaced out now. More recovery time. If he doesn't play, that will be fine too I think. Hasselbeck wasn't the problem on Sunday. He played fine. I'm more worried about Gore.

I think it is "should" he play or "could" he play. Our division is still weak and as bad as the Colts are playing they should still win the division. Sit him and let Hassleback get more reps and feel for the game. The Colts are very lucky to have a solid back up so polish him to make him even more effective. Now the Texans are back not knowing which QB to start. The Texans fans here are screaming bloody murder. You should have hear the post game talk radio after the game, I thought the censors would take the station off the air!! Houston is a baseball town.

Rest Luck for these reasons:

1.They can beat the Texans without him.

2.Luck has not been playing well.

3.The Texans are  in total disarray-you should tune in to Bill Obrien's post game interview where the only thing he said about the catastrophic performance against Atlanta was it is all his fault and his fault alone. The guy is wounded and is a walking corpse. I thought he had more guts but he is broken.

4. A division loss (which won't happen) to the the Texans will not hurt us  in the long run.

5. I don't believe we can beat New England with or without Luck if he continues to play poorly and to throw him out there to get reinjured is stupid as that will be game #6 of the season.

6. This injury is the first of how many during his career and if the Colts sacrifice him for a chance at a Super Bowl this season they are dumb as we are not going to beat the AFC contenders to get to the SB and even if they did the Packers will beat ant AFC team opposing them. 

I agree with everything you said except for #1.  I don't see the Colts winning in Houston without Luck.  They were extremely fortunate to win yesterday at home vs Jax.  I also think Luck will get out of his funk when he comes back.  If Luck can't go Thursday and the Colts pull out a win I will be very happy but I don't see that happening regardless of how bad Houston has played.

The MRI came back negative and the diagnosis is a bruised shoulder.  There's no structural damage to shoulder.  Luck's injury is somewhat similar to Drew's (i.e., Drew Brees).  Brees missed a single game. 

I'm not going to spill a bunch of info. but I personally know all of the team's orthopedic surgeons. 

Luck will be fine as soon as the pain of the bruise starts to diminish.  If he doesn't let it heal now, it will linger the entire season.  It's that simple. 

If you know all that, will it typically be healed in 4 more days or will he miss the next game too?  Brees only missed one and looked good.  

I know HIPPA and he did not disclose anything that we don't already know.  There is no violation here.

He'll play. This game is worth two, and much more important than the New England game or any of the upcoming games. Even if he does play, he'll have a long rest before the Pats game.

On a side note, I can't believe people still have the attitude of "play Hasselbeck, it's only Houston." Honestly, we should have lost the last two games and probably should be 0-4. What are you watching? Without Luck, without Luck playing at an elite level, we are Jacksonville, Tenn., or Houston.

He'll play. This game is worth two, and much more important than the New England game or any of the upcoming games. Even if he does play, he'll have a long rest before the Pats game.

On a side note, I can't believe people still have the attitude of "play Hasselbeck, it's only Houston." Honestly, we should have lost the last two games and probably should be 0-4. What are you watching? Without Luck, without Luck playing at an elite level, we are Jacksonville, Tenn., or Houston.

Although I don't know whether he will play or not come Thursday, I completely agree with everything you said. What I think a lot of us "fans" are forgetting is that the team is playing at a very mediocre level right now, we could very easily be sitting at 0-4 this morning instead of what many predicted would be a 4-0 start. Just a quick reminder to everyone we were picked by dozens and dozens of analysts to go to the Super Bowl, we look as far away as ever from that right now. We have a lot of things to get fixed and Luck's health is just another thing to add to the ever-growing list. 

I don't know if this is reliable or not but this article makes it sound like Luck is going to play Thursday

http://www.sbnation.com/fantasy/2015/10/5/9454029/andrew-luck-injury-fantasy-football-quarterbacks

Saw this as well. Ian Rapport said that the Colts expect him back as well this week. People have to remember, Houston is going to be fighting for their coaches job at this point and are at home in a primetime game. I'd like to think we could win this game pretty easily with or without Luck but you don't want to take that chance. If he is healthy, you have to play him.

Luck will get plenty of rest in between that game and the New England game as well.

You should probably take your own advice

"A subluxation may have different meanings, depending on the medical specialty involved. It implies the presence of an incomplete or partial dislocation of a joint or organ"

I guess you failed reading comprehension?

Again, a subluxation and dislocation have different meanings. Subluxation is less severe. 

I guess you failed reading comprehension?

Again, a subluxation and dislocation have different meanings. Subluxation is less severe. 

Larry, let me ask you this.   Did you or did you not make this statement on this forum today?

"Basically a partial dislocation where soreness (bruising) remains"

Get back to me.  

Larry, let me ask you this.   Did you or did you not make this statement on this forum today?

"Basically a partial dislocation where soreness (bruising) remains"

Get back to me.  

I'm not going to argue with you. Yes, the two are related but not the same from a medical diagnosis standpoint.