Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Haselbeck (Merge)

oldunclemark

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We made him throw more than he should have to.

End of Regulation-

Passing                  CP/AT   YDS    TD       INT
M. Hasselbeck        27/43    247     1          0

OT- posession 1

Passing                 CP/AT   YDS    TD       INT
M. Hasselbeck        29/46   254     1          0

OT- posession 2

Passing                CP/AT   YDS    TD       INT
M. Hasselbeck      30/47   282      1          0

He had a pretty decent game, for a 40 year old backup. He looked absolutely done in the preseason, but he settled in and played well, and made one whale of a throw on the game winning drive. 

Didn't win it and and didn't lose it. I don't think anyone could have expected him to play better. 

End of Regulation-

Passing                  CP/AT   YDS    TD       INT

M. Hasselbeck        27/43    247     1          0

OT- posession 1

Passing                 CP/AT   YDS    TD       INT

M. Hasselbeck        29/46   254     1          0

OT- posession 2

The Jags run defense was excellent. Could have tried a couple more runs at times, but we had a tough time getting anything going. 

he did fumble ones..and they only scored 16.

But what he did Sunday is about all you can ask of the backup QB...

Hold it together..Gain yards..and win

I liked your post to give you props for backing Hasselbeck earlier today.  He played really well.  I eat this crow now but based on the preseason he didn't show much to inspire confidence.  Today, he ran the offense more efficiently than Luck has at any point this season.  No INTs and better stats too.  Glad he was able to guide us to a much needed W.

Those are great numbers for a backup. No interceptions.

You're right..we shouldn't have to throw 47 times to beat Jacksonville..

But he did it without any interceptions...and he was so calm....such a leader

To me, he's the best backup QB in the NFL...

with that said..lest get Andrew ready for Thursday night..

The Jags run defense was excellent. Could have tried a couple more runs at times, but we had a tough time getting anything going. 

We just are not a very good football team right now , but it can change. Huge win as it puts us in control of the division and if you get into the playoffs , anything can happen. 

But if we can't 'dictate' using the run, the other teams will get this film on MH, and next time we go one dimensional to the pass, Matt will find it a bit harder.  Hopefully luck is healed both physical, and mentally.

We just are not a very good football team right now , but it can change. Huge win as it puts us in control of the division and if you get into the playoffs , anything can happen. 

We're not a good offense. The defense is decent, and maybe they've maxed out. But we know the offense can be better than it's been so far.

But if we can't 'dictate' using the run, the other teams will get this film on MH, and next time we go one dimensional to the pass, Matt will find it a bit harder.  Hopefully luck is healed both physical, and mentally.

Other teams can do a lot better than the Jags did today. The truth is that we aren't going to do much of anything without Luck, but it's good to steal a win without him.

With the Texans being 1-3 and just coming off a blow out loss, I think Matt could play against the Texans also to let Luck rest for another full week. 

Or, just evaluate him and make a decision on the basis of whether he's ready to go or not. Play your best players.

I think we have to give credit, where credit is due.  The Jags kicker ensured our victory today.

WE played well on both sides of the ball. If my man Frank Gore doesn't fumble, we win in regulation.

We are shorthanded...I didn't sense the Jags giving us the game in any way

With the Texans being 1-3 and just coming off a blow out loss, I think Matt could play against the Texans also to let Luck rest for another full week.

I think that might happen...now that we're 2-2....we can go with Matt at Houston and then Andrew gets 9 more days to rehab